what VM deal have you got?

TBC

Inactive User
Reaction score
like it say's, i am curious what sort of cash peeps are paying and what deals they have got..

up till 6 weeks ago i was on the full monty TV, 20Meg BB and phone free eve weekends. Got this for 59.99 plus calls, then i noticed my phone bills rising at an alarming rate (60 a month ffs) 99% supposedly all under 50p so not itemized. Last straw was a total bill of £126.00, i phoned em and told em to shove all there services where the sun don't shine cos they were thieves.

Then i get a new deal, 2meg BB, base tv, phone only pay for mobile and premium rate 24 hours a day. for 16.99 < my BB is still 20meg maybe they forgot lol.

From this tbh i reckon they have been riping me and many others right off, 20meg BB but traffic shaped wtf is that? TV without sky basic channels and ripping me on phone bills to the tune of in my estimation about £30 per month against what i paid BT..

So what do you pay and what do you get?? i aint interested in people who free load the VM system and pay fook all BTW so please don't bother replying about the illegal use of there services if you don't mind.

TBC

currenty pay for

XL phone (unlimited)
XL Tv
2 meg Broadband

£30 pm

currently pay for 2meg bb mobile and house fone

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

up until 2 months ago was on 3 for £30 + TV Drive and XL upgrade - bill used to be £50 dead - it started creaping up over a few months to £80+ despite the fact that no ppv was ever booked (or billed) and I dont use their phone service - I got fed up with pointing out their errors to them so have now canceled the lot and use freeview and vonage (until I hack the vonage box) - dont ask about broadband tho lol

Currently on the VIP package which includes V+ box plus a normal box (pace 4001), XL 20Mb broadband and XL telephone.

So think the base price is £85 a month but obviously with phone calls added on and other bits and pieces its usually £100 a month.

well thanx for replies peeps, i guess it is safe to assume that virgin media's pricing policy then can be summed up in a very few words;

"Get as much as you can from the customer and if they cotton on, drop the price to whatever it takes to stop them leaving"

tbh chaps i am waiting for an isp who can give me 20Mb or better and none of that balls about traffic shaping, funny thing is i would pay through the nose for a good service that was truely without isp installed limits lol.

Paid for XL broadband, XL TV and basic phone package. But they could never get the bills right by taking discounts off. So in the end i cancelled it all except the 2 meg broadband.

Brought an ATA adapter for the phone and just have the house phone on incoming calls for free through Sipgate. Use my contract phone for outgoing calls.

Have a couple of freebies aswell 'cough cough'

free 2mb BB
free tv
unlimited house phone
2 phone sims 600 min 600 texts all for £45 month

normal phone
XL Tv
20 meg Broadband i pay £37 pm a month

187348049.png

Last edited:
20MB Broadband
Basic Phone Package
Basic TV Package

All for £30.95 a month

roughly folk are paying for 3 things at £30 the 3 for £30 deal has been a huge hit and mabye one of VM's (few) good ideas

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I am paying £18 for 2meg but might get the phone back. I think its in the 2 for 20 now!

Back