Virgin Media - What deals you got? 2022

willin

DW Regular
Reaction score
My virgin contract ends on 26 feb 22 this includes – BB 100mb, Home phone (never ever used), 5GB Oomph sim (hardly used due to covid etc). I pay £34 a month ATM, will need to give them 30 days notice from the 27th of this month and start the stupid cancel my contract game with them.

What deals have you got from Virgin or elsewhere lately? I know there’s no discount for loyalty from these people but I’ve been with them for over 22 years.

My virgin contract ends on 26 feb 22 this includes – BB 100mb, Home phone (never ever used), 5GB Oomph sim (hardly used due to covid etc). I pay £34 a month ATM, will need to give them 30 days notice from the 27th of this month and start the stupid cancel my contract game with them.

What deals have you got from Virgin or elsewhere lately? I know there’s no discount for loyalty from these people but I’ve been with them for over 22 years.
My wife’s contact ends in March so we will be after the price for new customers or close (See pic ). If not we will cancel and I will sign up in my name. Hopefully.
Here’s Martin Lewis Broadband deal checker.
Compare Best Broadband Deals for January 2022 - MSE

859D7ABA-BE9C-4CEA-B3AC-82B7D3F397FD.jpeg

Thanks for that, I've noted a few prices, I'm not sure of some of the slower speeds , my daughter is working from home (banking) could be too slow for what we all need.
Yeah you will need check the max speed you can get in your area from other suppliers. Do your own research as TalkTalk said I could get 68meg but I know I can only get 35 in my area max. Don’t think many suppliers can offer the speed’s virgin offer.

Another problem is with my daughter working from home I cannot really be without BB so swapping into my wife's name or a new supplier would be a real problem unless it was done on certain day/dates. I'll ring them on the 27th and see what they offer. I know BT have been upgrading the lines in my area (I have an old BT line to my house) but they are expensive as far as I can see.

I'm on Virgin till August 18 month deal. 200mb brand, free weekend calls landline, TiVo with a basic package I'd have to double check but I think it's £32.
At the time of my renewal they offer me what I was on at the time for 60 odd quid.
After I did the cancellation trick and I got the callback from retentions I got the bband upped (no longer do 150mb) and a new TiVo box.

Tbh I've rarely had an issue with Virgin it's always been solid were I live so at that price I'm happy.
I gave it in my name only so if I ever have to cancel I can get the wife to take a new knew one out

Another problem is with my daughter working from home I cannot really be without BB so swapping into my wife's name or a new supplier would be a real problem unless it was done on certain day/dates. I'll ring them on the 27th and see what they offer. I know BT have been upgrading the lines in my area (I have an old BT line to my house) but they are expensive as far as I can see.
Best bet would be to cancel then see what their retention team offer you.

Just gave virgin my 30 day notice, the deal from vodafone that @avid posted has changed slightly to around £21 a month (ends tomorrow, hence my call today) the lad didn't even offer anything, just went through the dates of everything stopping.

Hope I get a call from them soon offering something half decent, been with them almost 23 years, so much for loyalty.

Just gave virgin my 30 day notice, the deal from vodafone that @avid posted has changed slightly to around £21 a month (ends tomorrow, hence my call today) the lad didn't even offer anything, just went through the dates of everything stopping.

Hope I get a call from them soon offering something half decent, been with them almost 23 years, so much for loyalty.
Sit tight, they will be in touch.

Give them time it might even get 2-3weeks but normally they ring in the first week.
Sit tight it will be in the hands of retentions who's sole job is to keep you with Virgin.
Don't forget you next deal will be an 18 months deal so make sure you get it right.

I'm on 200meg contract ends April.. no doubt gonna cancel and wait for retentions to ring me.currently paying £27 per month

M10 broadband, player TV and anytime calls. Paying £39 at the moment, up for renewal in march so nearly time to negotiate.

Got a call yesterday (Thursday) from a lad from virgin – was a random mobile number so I assume working from home. He spoke in very poor (broken) English.

After a (difficult to understand) conversation about prices and vodafones deal he asked if I used the landline, told him no one used it but I was told I had to have it as part of the old deal he said that was no longer the case and he could offer 100Mb BB only, for £22, AFAIK the best new virgin customer deals for 100Mb is £24 minus a £75 voucher which would be around £20. Considering I currently pay £34 and I have a lot of shit going on ATM so I can’t really be bothered haggling with them, I took that but I’d bet you could better that if you tried, my mobile sim only was included in the old package but I hardly use it so I’ll probably go with these UKs cheapest PAYG mobile tariff for the airtime I use.

We are on 350 meg internet but get about 385mb, telephone including weekend calls plus tv with documentaries bolt on at £38.00 per month.

Got a call yesterday (Thursday) from a lad from virgin – was a random mobile number so I assume working from home. He spoke in very poor (broken) English.

After a (difficult to understand) conversation about prices and vodafones deal he asked if I used the landline, told him no one used it but I was told I had to have it as part of the old deal he said that was no longer the case and he could offer 100Mb BB only, for £22, AFAIK the best new virgin customer deals for 100Mb is £24 minus a £75 voucher which would be around £20. Considering I currently pay £34 and I have a lot of shit going on ATM so I can’t really be bothered haggling with them, I took that but I’d bet you could better that if you tried, my mobile sim only was included in the old package but I hardly use it so I’ll probably go with these UKs cheapest PAYG mobile tariff for the airtime I use.
Thing is you've saved 18months x £14 = £252 not a bad saving.

Better in yours than there's
Mobile sim? Look at Lebara (Vodafone) there doing some brilliant 30 day deals for around a fiver a month.

Last edited:
Thing is you've saved 18months x £14 = £252 not a bad saving.

Better in yours than there's
Mobile sim? Look at Lebara (Vodafone) there doing some brilliant 30 day deals for around a fiver a month.

if you look at that link UKs cheapest PAYG mobile tariff they do free calls + texts 100MB a month of data for £36 a year (EE network) I would just top up £10 for what I use possibly use £20 a year.

I think if they offer us that deal we’ll take.
Our deal runs out in March. Currently on the £24 a month with £75 Amazon voucher.

Took £25 18 month deal yesterday, 100mb. Offered me £24 deal but because I have free streambox from them somehow he could not get full discount to work unless he removed stream box which I would rather keep. He tried numerous ways to sort £24 deal but in the end I was happy with that, I called retentions direct never gave notice.

Back