Is IPTV reliable enough to replace VM?

Now that's odd, just checked mine in Informer and after an update it now reports as a 1st gen Fire TV Stick lite, 1st release Sept 2020? Positive when I ran it before it reported as a 5th gen

Am still learning slowly mate, I know my provider was thinking of trying XCIPTV, is that a no-no then?
Nothing wrong with XCIPTV, it's just an android app. You can get them customised for like £100. My provider does them anyway you want, football logos etc.

I would say IPTV is more than good enough to replace VM.

I have a IPTV package, i only get around 150 channels which are mostly US / Canadian channels and its mainly suited just for sports which is invite only so has been great for the last two years i've had it. As i have a few firesticks with kodi on, i can watch the IPTV via a Kodi add on (on the older fire sticks) or via Perfect Player on the Firestick lite / Fire TV 4K which is nice and easy to setup and usually reliable. Oh, also get a mobile app so can watch it out on the go too :)

Personally i wouldn't subscribe to Sky or Virgin tv due to the amount of damn repeats they show for extortionate prices. IPTV, and Netflix is good enough for me. If it wasn't for the other half and the kids i wouldn't even bother with Netflix as I can download all that content easy enough.

The only thing missing for me is the ability to set up to record something on iptv using firestick when not actually having tv/firestick live.

The only thing missing for me is the ability to set up to record something on iptv using firestick when not actually having tv/firestick live.
Maybe use xciptv to record with a usb harddrive wired to your firestick?

Had a 32 gig card hardwired to firestick but the iptv i am using records whilst watching another channel but won't record much when tv is off

Back