Virgin Media - What deals you got? 2022

If I I go into my virgin media account I get offer of £41 for my package on 18 month contract , then price goes to £70 monthly, at the moment I pay £39 for 100 mb ,anytime phone and mixit TV.
Contract up for renewal August.
On the 02 site of virgin partners at the moment you can get 264mb broadband, phone, and weekend chatter plus bigger tv with bt sport and 4k for £37.50.

Keep seeing all your Virgin prices with such low broadband. If any of you are in Full Fibre areas, then I would suggest you try and see if No One Internet covers your area. Their prices are not even the lowest available, but they are the only company I found that didn't have any complaints about their service ( Check any of the Review sites) and my own experience with them has been brilliant and I'm happy to recommend them.

My neighbour has just negotiated his contract and he has got 250 MB no phone for £28 a month.
If I I go into my virgin media account I get offer of £41 for my package on 18 month contract , then price goes to £70 monthly, at the moment I pay £39 for 100 mb ,anytime phone and mixit TV.
Contract up for renewal August.

I mentioned earlier I pay £25 for 200MB and land line, I thought @avid's neighbour's price was very decent, I have just checked my offers in my online account as per @gez 's advice I'm actually on 250MB but they are offering me 18 month contract £21 for 250MB and £5 for the land line, I'll wait and speak to the missus about the land line 🙄 if I can remove it (not sue if that is possible) as I don't think we need that but you know what women are like.

Thanks Lads.

I mentioned earlier I pay £25 for 200MB and land line, I thought @avid's neighbour's price was very decent, I have just checked my offers in my online account as per @gez 's advice I'm actually on 250MB but they are offering me 18 month contract £21 for 250MB and £5 for the land line, I'll wait and speak to the missus about the land line 🙄 if I can remove it (not sue if that is possible) as I don't think we need that but you know what women are like.

Thanks Lads.

I’ve took the new 18 month contract at £26, I was paying £25 so I’m happy with that.

It would not let me remove the land line but from past experience it’s often more if you do and I would have had to call which is a pain in the arse, one thing I did notice was they offer the option of a speed increase 250 to 350 for £5 more and various higher speeds and costs, I declined but when you get to the agree to contract part they then offer the 250 to 350 increase (and others) for £2 if anyone does this something to bear in mind.

Thanks Lads.
Do these offer appear when your contract is coming to an end. I have looked in our online account and can’t see any offers. Our contact ends in August.

I have sussed it now thanks.

Last edited:
I’ve took the new 18 month contract at £26, I was paying £25 so I’m happy with that.

It would not let me remove the land line but from past experience it’s often more if you do and I would have had to call which is a pain in the arse, one thing I did notice was they offer the option of a speed increase 250 to 350 for £5 more and various higher speeds and costs, I declined but when you get to the agree to contract part they then offer the 250 to 350 increase (and others) for £2 if anyone does this something to bear in mind.
I did what you suggested and I also chose the extra £2 pound and I have M350 for £27 a month on a 18 month contract. I am happy with that tbh.
When does the speed increase kick in. Thanks

I did what you suggested and I also chose the extra £2 pound and I have M350 for £27 a month on a 18 month contract. I am happy with that tbh.

I think they emailed with a estimated start date for tuesday for me, so I would imagine your increase would be started when they say yours is due to start.

Out of interest @avid what price/speed etc did you come from? If I think back a couple of years to what I was paying it really is a good price.

Out of interest @avid what price/speed etc did you come from? If I think back a couple of years to what I was paying it really is a good price.
We were on the M125. The deal on the Martin Lewis money saving expert website for new customers was £30.50 for M250 and you got a £85 voucher which took the cost down to £25.78.
We are happy with the deal we got tbh and my wife didn’t have to phone and haggle which was a bonus.
I suppose you could give your notice and wait to see what the retention team offer but I can’t see it being that much cheaper than what we got.
I think my neighbour might be a bit pissed as I’ve got it a pound cheaper than him and 100mb more speed.😆
I also added the phone line as there was no price difference and I can use the 150 number if I need to ring them.

OK went to my virgin media app, my account, my current package and chose upgrade.my package, deal came up 125 gb, mixit TV and anytime phone.
Next option was 250 gb same tv phone deal,£5 extra,(paying £41 at moment)
Phoned 150 had a chat the they said £56 is the best they could do for the lower package, got through to retentions, the guy was a knob and would only drop by £5 to £50
I had the deal up on tablet so hit accept button ,wait till confirmation email came then told knobhead I just got it with double my speed for £46 , he went very quiet (probably checking my account) then asked he could do anything else for me and hung up before I could reply, I think maybe me laughing put him off.

OK went to my virgin media app, my account, my current package and chose upgrade.my package, deal came up 125 gb, mixit TV and anytime phone.
Phoned 150 had a chat the they said £56 is the best they could do for the lower package, got through to retentions, the guy was a knob and would only drop by £5 to £50
I had the deal up on tablet so hit accept button ,wait till confirmation email came then told knobhead I just got it with double my speed for £46 , he went very quiet (probably checking my account) then asked he could do anything else for me and hung up before I could reply, I think maybe me laughing put him off.
Be sure to give a shit feedback when they email you to ask about your latest experience with them.

So when you choose to double your speed for an extra £5 does it auto sign you up to another 18 month ? Or is this just to the end of your current 18 month ?

So when you choose to double your speed for an extra £5 does it auto sign you up to another 18 month ? Or is this just to the end of your current 18 month ?
Another 18 month contract

I have just redone my this morning. So I picked m125 which I currently have then chose double my speed to m250 for an extra £2 a month.
Ended up with m250 for £22 a month 18 month contract.
We don’t really need the m350 for £27 a month.
They also don’t seem to offer you the double speed option over the phone as my wife rang yesterday. 🙄

Anyone how long virgin take to upgrade your speed,did it yesterday day but still showing 125 gig.?

Anyone how long virgin take to upgrade your speed,did it yesterday day but still showing 125 gig.?
I had a look online and on the Virmin media forums somebody posted that it is usually instant when you upgrade over the phone but if you upgrade online it can take 72hrs but can take up to a week. If you look on your virgin media contract information sheet. You can see that installation date is to be confirmed. IMG_1788.jpegIMG_1790.png

Last edited:
Try rebooting your hub, doesn't usually take effect until you reboot.

Reactions: gez
Back