Virgin Media - What deals you got? 2022

Well just got a call from 08004089340 not sure if it was retentions but a Scottish woman..anyway best she could do was £34 per month..I said thanks but no thanks just can't afford it ..If they offer me at my current price £25 per month I'll take it..hopefully will ring back..
Best deal for new customers on M500. You get a £95 voucher to claim back. You might be better asking to lower your speed to see what price they offer you. The price they offered is what new customers get with is deal.
IMG_1891.jpeg

Just gave my 30 days notice.

As my price is due to rise from £36 to £69 for 500mb (volted to 1gig).

They offered to reduce this to £45, said no thanks.

OK guys got 1gb for £30 a month..what u think ok?
Sounds ok to me.

They rang me the other day offered to do 1gig for £38, said no, then they said ok we can do £35, said if they can guarantee no price increase during the term of the contract then i'll go for it, but they couldn't do that. So I told them I would think about it.

They said they would call back today, but haven't. Nevermind got a few weeks yet.

They did tell possible price increases but isn't that their normal price hike?. You can always cancel contract as they changed the pricing and normally they waive the price hike and continue with what you paying monthly, in my case hopefully £30 a month. Unless they've changed their contract clause
Have you checked your online account offers @johnny bravo
Yes mate can't see anything

They did tell possible price increases but isn't that their normal price hike?. You can always cancel contract as they changed the pricing and normally they waive the price hike and continue with what you paying monthly, in my case hopefully £30 a month. Unless they've changed their contract clause
Changed terms, 3.9% + rate of inflation every April, no right to cancel.

Tried 2 different browsers and on my virgin media app on my phone. Same message
All I can think of it to call them and ask WTF is the problem if you can bear that.

Yes mate can't see anything

I’m surprised, log into your account, near the bottom left it says “upgrade package” you click on find out more – it then shows what services you have, click on the arrow on the right next to where it says BB speed (for example), it then details the upgrades and prices.

Let us know.

All I can think of it to call them and ask WTF is the problem if you can bear that.

I’m surprised, log into your account, near the bottom left it says “upgrade package” you click on find out more – it then shows what services you have, click on the arrow on the right next to where it says BB speed (for example), it then details the upgrades and prices.

Let us know.
Been on the live chat since 11.20am and they said they were not going to honour the price package upgrade that I have chosen online.
They wanted me to pay £30 a month, but I refused and told them that I would just run my contract out till the end and move to another supplier.
I was then transferred to the Retention team who said that they could not honour for £22 a month and wanted to charge me £27 so I told them I would run my contract out to the end and given notice and moved to another supplier.
They then offered me it at £24 a month and I still refused.
I told them I was going to make a formal complaint regarding the online offers and the Retention team not honouring them. She then said she had spoken to her manager and they would honour the £22 a month for 18 months.
I told them if they did not honour this price and messed me about I would cancel under the 14 day cooling off period and she assured me that my contract would be at this price.
I have been sent the contract and my speed has been upgraded already.
What a fecking palaver but hayhoe, a bit of perseverance and you get what you want in the end🙄😆
Good luck everyone.

We chose the to upgrade through our online account and received a pre contract agreement but left it a week and we didn’t hear anything. So my wife rang and they explained these pre contract agreements have to be done the through the retention team but was told that they have to be agreed over the phone or on chat. Not sure how true this is, but I ended up negotiating on the chat they have on their website. A bit of a ball ache be honest.🙄 if I were you I would hand your 30 day notice in July and see what they come back with or try what @manic01 suggested.
🙄

@avid 😄😄 Point taken mate

I had a call yesterday from VM trying to get me to take a pretty good TV package for an extra £10 (remember I just agreed a new deal around 10 days ago), I don't want the TV as we would never use it so declined, she did offer me a stream box for the same price I agreed lately (£26) so I said yes,

I think she then realised I'd just agreed a new contract. she said I'll call you back in 15 mins, she never did :rolleyes:. The streaming box would have been handy for the oldest daughter as her TV is ancient and has no catch up, good old VM.

After complaining about the above eventually they said as I had nothing in writing they would NOT honor the stream box, she did give me £20 credit as an apology.

Ofcom has opened an investigation into Virgin Media following complaints from customers that the telecoms provider is making it difficult for them to cancel their contracts.

The regulator said it was concerned about the number of complaints it had received from Virgin Media customers who had tried to leave but said that the company had made it difficult for them.

Read HERE

OK guys got 1gb for £30 a month..what u think ok?
Sounds ok to me.

They rang me the other day offered to do 1gig for £38, said no, then they said ok we can do £35, said if they can guarantee no price increase during the term of the contract then i'll go for it, but they couldn't do that. So I told them I would think about it.

They said they would call back today, but haven't. Nevermind got a few weeks yet.
Changed my mind, that's a crap offer.

Just got a call back, £26 for 1gig, price fixed (not subject to price increase in April) for 18 months.

Changed my mind, that's a crap offer.

Just got a call back, £26 for 1gig, price fixed (not subject to price increase in April) for 18 months.
That’s a great deal, did you give them your 30 days notice.

Back