Is IPTV reliable enough to replace VM?

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Not looking for links to providers as i know it is against the rules, but I currently have VM for BB and TV, but im due to end my contract and they wont budge on the price.

Im thinking of sticking with their BB as its the best in my area, but is IPTV enough to replace the TV service? Is there options to record etc, I have an IPTV service at the moment but haven't used it for much other than PPV

Just wondering if anyone had gone down a similar route and what they recommend

Hi guys

Not looking for links to providers as i know it is against the rules, but I currently have VM for BB and TV, but im due to end my contract and they wont budge on the price.

Im thinking of sticking with their BB as its the best in my area, but is IPTV enough to replace the TV service? Is there options to record etc, I have an IPTV service at the moment but haven't used it for much other than PPV

One million percent yes and with a decent provider opens up a whole new world. Good device is paramount and a good download speed but you will have that with virgin already.

Hi guys

Recording iptv is not recommended as it isn’t reliable. Any minor blip in the stream even for a second and the recording will fail

Basically the only thing I record currently is the UFC on BT so I could live without that. What device would be recommended?

Thats a thought, but i imagine it bumps the price up quite a bit and the provider i have at the moment seems pretty stable on FTA

If you were going down the route of IPTV I would stick with an android box as it's much less effort. I run mine on an Nvidia shield and it's the most used box in the house. I've got prime, netflix, iptv, plus loads of free apps all on it.

Thats a thought, but i imagine it bumps the price up quite a bit and the provider i have at the moment seems pretty stable on FTA
I use an Octagon sf8008 for both, channels list combines both sources and only cost £100, plus the FTA stuff is still watchable if your internet goes down.

You could still use your BT box for FTA a recording, that’s what I do then I use an Android box for IPTV and Syncler with a Real-Debrid account for Movies and TV series. For UFC I just add the torrent to my Real-Debrid account and watch it through the Real-Debrid app, no downloading required.

If your VM contract is coming to an end, ring up and tell them that you are leaving. You have to be BRAVE !.
Tell the representative that you wish to cancel your contract, they will give you a disconnection date (30 Days).
Within a couple of days VM retentions will ring and offer you a better deal..

When my deal was coming to an end VM wanted to charge me £54 ; I did my sums and could get the same deal from TalkTalk for £32, so told VM to cancel. Retentions rang the next day and reduced the £54 to £31 !! -- I took it... :)

Same here with firestick but no need for smarters or suchlike , mine come with a link and built in vpn.

Firestick would be my suggestion too. You can flash the firesticks now with custom images, personally I use smarters.

Back