Digitalworldz Dream Neutrino Beta V0.3 Feedback Thread

Ok, I give up, how do I whack a cam on the image? Grr! Sorry peeps!

Arrrgggghhh, the amount of times that people ask these sort of questions

^^^^ (*Shakes head*)

To Setup this image, please do the following:

1.Put the image into the /tmp directory on your box
2.On the tv, press Flash Read/Write, or Backup/Restore, or something similar, select Restore, or Write, or whatever it says on your box, then select Dreambox w/o bootloader
3.Select the image, and flash it
4.Put your emu in the var/emu directory, and chmod it to 777
5.Put keys in var/keys directory, and chmod it to 777

Boot dreambox, select your area, scan for channels, and select your emu in the emu selection menu, put it on S K Y Sports 1 and let it update, thats it, done!!!

Have been using fofr a few days now. seems fine. ONly thing i am having a problem with is the key binding.

I ended up messing about with keys for differnt channels and stuff so the volume buttons worked they way they do in cryos image ie volume up means go left or right in bouquet list.

Only problem i have is that when i get teh event list overview up i cannot navigate left and right at all. up and down is fine . even my cursor buttons dont work. I cannot see what options i should be changing to make this work. i think something has now happened though as chaning the keys makes no differeence at all. presume bug and will be fixed in final version.

Very good though. i have not changed my image in years now and i like it. like it a lot . will defo put the finished one on when its ready.

thanks

just a bit further feedback. image working really well.

only two things i have an issue with(and i dont mean it to sound like i have an issue with). just feedback as it works very well as is.

the keybinding problem as mentioned in my previous post. Have managed to get this working again but my left and right cursor seem to be back to front and i cannot seem to change this. Have started from clean install to make sure i had not messed with any previous settings.

only other thing is that the volume buttons dont seem to work when in audioplayer. the osd comes up but just shows as 127 and flashes off again.

quite please though as have managed to get recording working well and playing back good. audio also streams well. Pictre quality quite good in my opinion.

thanks

^^^^ (*Shakes head*)

2.On the tv, press Flash Read/Write, or Backup/Restore, or something similar, select Restore, or Write, or whatever it says on your box, then select Dreambox w/o bootloader

Boot dreambox, select your area, scan for channels, and select your emu in the emu selection menu, put it on S K Y Sports 1 and let it update, thats it, done!!!

Sound advice, but keys do not need chmod as the default after copying is fine, and 755 for cam is ok.

Derek

^^^^ (*Shakes head*)

hey mate i got dk v1.1,
does the same apply if i want to put this image on?
with this neutrino image with a normal auto scan it should detect and find
s*y b*x office channels automatically?

p.s what you mean by chmod it to 777?

Hey peeps - I have had this image on for a couple of weeks now. Everything works fine for a few hours then I get the lip sync problem (as stated usually fixed by disabling fas zap), It bugs me that it works flawlessly for several hours and then bam - lip sync and the only cure is to unplug the box and reboot (sometimes the whole box just freezes too - therefore need to pull the plug out the back).
Now just 1 question - Can you manually edit a file on the box (through FTP) to disable fast zap, Is there a conf file that I could edit ?

could try editting the neutrino.conf file (/var/tuxbox/config/)

"virtual_zap_mode=true" and change true to false, reboot the box and it will ask you what language, select english, then select back then reboot the box again and menus will go back to english (only affects the headers, after you select english they are still german and messes up a few other settings but easily changed again)

dont know if this works or not but worth a try!

Last edited:
Hey peeps - I have had this image on for a couple of weeks now. Everything works fine for a few hours then I get the lip sync problem (as stated usually fixed by disabling fas zap), It bugs me that it works flawlessly for several hours and then bam - lip sync and the only cure is to unplug the box and reboot (sometimes the whole box just freezes too - therefore need to pull the plug out the back).
Now just 1 question - Can you manually edit a file on the box (through FTP) to disable fast zap, Is there a conf file that I could edit ?

Im the exact same only get a couple of hours then right out of synch

just change the channel then back to what you were watching, should sort the sync issue out till next time it happens...not ideal but cant really complain :p

any updates on whats happenng with the image tho? last i seen the guys box died!

transfer this file to /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/
then your lipsync issues should be fixed.
done this on mine a couple days ago.

Mines developed a fault,when i turn my box on in the evening for 1st time,i only get FTA..i have to turn cam back on and wait at least 5 min..also won`t scan anymore..?been like this for a few days now..I`ll have to do a fresh install cause it used to work fine..possibly wife messing with remote..?is my guess of cause.Or electic going off and corrupting my image..

Last edited by a moderator:
been using this image for a week now and have no problems with it whatsoever. if i have any problems with sync i will put in the fix but i say if it aint broke why fix it

How does it compare to the old Enigma images (i.e. DW2.1)?

I've been using DW2.1 since it came out and it has a few little niggles with the UI but it is rock stable but as time goes on the niggles are becoming more and more frustrating.

Is the Neutrino Dream core actively being worked on?

[EDIT: Yes, the base core appears to be developed under the name TuxBox together with a dreambox patch set]

What version of Neutrino Dream is inside DW0.3b?

What work is being done by DW?

o Customising it for UK Cable?
o Customising it for DM500-C?

Who is ruDBOX? Are they developing the aforementioned patch set?

Last edited:
How does it compare to the old Enigma images (i.e. DW2.1)?
Enigma is well established for the dreambox, the general knowledge to do neutrino images is less than a year old.

I've been using DW2.1 since it came out and it has a few little niggles with the UI but it is rock stable but as time goes on the niggles are becoming more and more frustrating.

Is the Neutrino Dream core actively being worked on?

[EDIT: Yes, the base core appears to be developed under the name TuxBox together with a dreambox patch set]

What version of Neutrino Dream is inside DW0.3b?
Enigma is a graphical interface Neutrino isn't.
Neutrino Dream is just it's name, Neutrino is the interface
DW 0.3 contains the latest Neutrino from the date it was released.

All Enigma and Neutrino images are compiled from Tuxbox cvs files but images need to be modded to work on the UK cable network.

What work is being done by DW?
Whatever improvements they can do i'm sure will be put in eventually.

o Customising it for UK Cable?
o Customising it for DM500-C?
It is targeted at the uk cable service but will work on terrestrial and sat boxes.
It only works on dm500 models

Who is ruDBOX? Are they developing the aforementioned patch set?
Rudbox devoloped the 1st Neutrino image for the dm500 but now anybody can do it

I prefer Neutrino but i'm used to it from when I had my dbox2, when my dreambox was working I used neutrino images, it is all a matter of preference.

The best way to see what it is like is to try it out.

Enigma is well established for the dreambox, the general knowledge to do neutrino images is less than a year old.
Yeah, interesting stuff.

Enigma is a graphical interface Neutrino isn't.
Forgive me for being dumb, but what does that mean?

All Enigma and Neutrino images are compiled from Tuxbox cvs files but images need to be modded to work on the UK cable network.
Ooo, ok so if Tuxbox is the underlying linux OS with drivers for the hardware then Enigma and Neutrino are akin to window managers?

DW 0.3 contains the latest Neutrino from the date it was released.
Now this is where I am loosing it again... who releases Neutrino? Is it a separate development to Tuxbox?

Rudbox devoloped the 1st Neutrino image for the dm500 but now anybody can do it
Yeah, that is what I've been reading since I posted. It looks like they quit the Neutrino Dreambox scene too. :(

When DW makes fixes to their Neutrino build, do they pass on these fixes back to the mainline CVS? (As you can see I am considering learning about the infrastructure of our code and maybe setting up my own workarea to do some builds, nothing too serious)

it is all a matter of preference. The best way to see what it is like is to try it out.
Now if I was a little more confident that I knew all the possible ways to brick my box then I would do that. I'm pretty sure that you can get back any box using DreamUp (serial)? It's not possible to overwrite the main bootloader is it?

Last edited:
Setup ok 1st impressions look good. I will let you know the full feedback in a couple of days time once I have tested it fully.

Issues so far (cannot download emus) says server not found. (dreambox does have internet connection

Last edited:
Back