Commando 14.4 Neutrino for DM500S with UK EPG

First off thanks for the reply :)

Ive never used a neutrino image before. I havent even installed it yet lol... Just trying to get my head around it first..

So i guess that the advice would be to scan the transponder and make my own bouquets... And keep them up todate myself?? that way the epg would work as in the first post??

Sorry if my posts seem a bit mixed up... Im viewing the forum on my phone with DW app.... Fiddly fecking thing lol.

First off thanks for the reply :)

Ive never used a neutrino image before. I havent even installed it yet lol... Just trying to get my head around it first..

So i guess that the advice would be to scan the transponder and make my own bouquets... And keep them up todate myself?? that way the epg would work as in the first post??

I think the best thing to do is first install and get the first set of EPG downloaded then move the channels around after that,
but before you do any of that please read the Readme files as they detail it much better

You're probably right wiz mate... The thing is thought, i have a terrible habbit of fooking things up and then asking the questions. Just thought i would do it right this time... Pmsl :)

Ill have a bash at it when i get home..

Thanks for the infos .....

as said commando comes with services an bouquets,,, use them and re-arrange the services and bouquets to suit yourself without renaming the services

Just to clear something up guys i use commando 14.4 i moved the local channels for my area i was wondering how do i add those to the epg that came with the image ?.

Thanks

easiest way to set up your local channels and enable the RT epg for them is as follows.

goto: main menu > service > bouquet editor

first delete the current local channels from Entertainment bouquet with RED button
BBC 1
BBC 2
ITV
ITV + 1

next add your own local channels instead to entertainment bouquet with GREEN button
BBC 1
BBC 2
ITV
ITV + 1

this will add them to bottom of bouquet, so next move these channels back to their original positions at top of bouquet using YELLOW button and then OK button

press exit 2 times and then save changes.

now goto: blue button > commando epg wizard > radiotimes online epg wizard > rt epg channel mapping menu > autogen a new rt-epg channel map

this will take about 1 minute to create a new /var/tuxbox/config/rtmap.xml file with your new local channels now in the rtmap.xml file instead of the old local channels.

OR

if you know what you are doing and are not using the bouquets that came preloaded. then the autogen function will not work. you will have to edit the rtmap.xml epg file yourself to load the correct epg for your local channels. simply copy the channel data from /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/bouquets.xml file and use the corresponding channel's DAT reference number found in /var/tuxbox/config/channels.dat to create your own epg entry in rtmap.xml

Thanx for the reply just one more thing how do i rename the channel ?.

Well ive done what it said but no epg for bbc1 i asumed it was because mine is named bbc1 north east and cumbria not just bbc1 ?.

Thanx for the reply just one more thing how do i rename the channel ?.
need to use tuxbox commander to rename channels

blue button > tuxbox commander
navigate to /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/services.xml

press 4 to open file for editing
scroll down to required channel and press OK to edit that line
exit tuxbox commander and save changes.

goto: main menu > services > reload channel lists

something that you need to be made aware of though, is that renaming channels from their default scan names will of coarse stop the picon from showing for that channel. you would also have to rename the relevant picon file or symlink in /var/etc/icons/ too!

Well ive done what it said but no epg for bbc1 i asumed it was because mine is named bbc1 north east and cumbria not just bbc1 ?.

take a look at /var/tuxbox/config/rtmap.dat file, this is the user editable reference file that is used by the autogen script. it contains a list of the default scan names for the BBC1 regions and is used by the autogen script to generate your new rtmap.xml file. it is not finding you bbc1 channel because the autogen script is looking for the default scan name for that region as "BBC1 N East & C"

just make the name in the rtmap.dat file match the name in your bouquets.xml and the autogen script will then recognize it and create an entry for it in the newly generated rtmap.xml

Well now i do have problems all i have done is

goto: main menu > service > bouquet editor

first delete the current local channels from Entertainment bouquet with RED button
BBC 1
BBC 2
ITV
ITV + 1

next add your own local channels instead to entertainment bouquet with GREEN button
BBC 1
BBC 2
ITV
ITV + 1

this will add them to bottom of bouquet, so next move these channels back to their original positions at top of bouquet using YELLOW button and then OK button

press exit 2 times and then save changes.

now goto: blue button > commando epg wizard > radiotimes online epg wizard > rt epg channel mapping menu > autogen a new rt-epg channel map

this will take about 1 minute to create a new /var/tuxbox/config/rtmap.xml file with your new local channels now in the rtmap.xml file instead of the old local channels.
and now i have no epg it just says adding 0 events to cache ?

is it correct that the volume + and - buttons on the remote give you the now and next??

the < and > buttons below the numbered buttons acualy control the volume?

cheers

is it correct that the volume + and - buttons on the remote give you the now and next??

the < and > buttons below the numbered buttons acualy control the volume?

cheers

Correct m8 but you can remap them

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

it depends on which remote you have, as to where your volume buttons are.
SatSearching added remote volume re-mapping for this situation

main menu > settings > keybinding > keybindings > Quickzap

just check that in remapping any key, you dont end up with two keys with the same mapping in the same scope or you will also have to remap that other key too.

Back