DigitalWorldz Dream 800SE V1 Image

Have just finished setting up my channel list in a new Sunray 800HDSE.

My remote control has an extra row of buttons dedicated to PVR playback control below the colour buttons. So the remote control shown on the image Help! page is different in appearance but also there appears to be button mapping differences e.g. subchannel list, audio services and instant recording. I have asked the supplier if he can send me a map of this remote's functions.

I am able to sort out the button differences but I cannot get around the way that an instant recording is listed on the PVR Playlist. An instant recording is shown as 'Instant Record' with date and time i.e. no channel name given. Further I cannot see a way to rename 'Instant Record' to something meaningful. Looking at the file via FTP shows that a 'proper' naming is on the file. For some reason the file title is not used for the Playlist. There may be a setting to correct this but I cannot find it - it would not be the first time I have missed a setting!

Any help would be appreciated.

Have just finished setting up my channel list in a new Sunray 800HDSE.

My remote control has an extra row of buttons dedicated to PVR playback control below the colour buttons. So the remote control shown on the image Help! page is different in appearance but also there appears to be button mapping differences e.g. subchannel list, audio services and instant recording. I have asked the supplier if he can send me a map of this remote's functions.

I am able to sort out the button differences but I cannot get around the way that an instant recording is listed on the PVR Playlist. An instant recording is shown as 'Instant Record' with date and time i.e. no channel name given. Further I cannot see a way to rename 'Instant Record' to something meaningful. Looking at the file via FTP shows that a 'proper' naming is on the file. For some reason the file title is not used for the Playlist. There may be a setting to correct this but I cannot find it - it would not be the first time I have missed a setting!

When in the pvr recording list if you press the menu button it gives you more options for detailed listings etc,
not sure if it will give you exactly what you are looking for but its worth a try :)

@wiz569

Thanks for that.

It certainly looked promising but renaming was refused saying it was a 'Read Only filesystem' and referred to the .meta subfile. Changing the attributes of that file to '777' makes no difference. 'Delete' is blocked for the same reason and saying 'yes' to the 'Do you really want to delete' makes no difference.

I have tried changing the HDD attributes without success.

Checking the attributes again all have reverted to '644' so I need to go deeper!

Can someone please advise how to resolve this wireless connection problem I am having.

I ordered a Sunray 800HDSE with a built in wireless card.
Setup was simple and all connected/flash/configured first time.

I set it up for a friend, who is far less technical then I am.

Anyhow he has taken the box away and when he trys to connect to his wireless network, it keeps failing to pick up an IP address and connect sucessfully.

As soon as he sticks in a network cable, it all works fine.

I have tried to walk him through the setup even though my box doesn't have the wireless card, however it keeps failing.

Anyone who has a wireless box, able to give me a step by step guide please?

@ mobad
only having a guess here but my theory is if you set it up on your wireless network it will not connect to your friends wireless network as diff password etc you need to set it up on your friends wireless network for it to connect same as anything like a laptop wifi bridge etc needs setting up on the network it will be working on
hope this helps a bit

@ mobad
only having a guess here but my theory is if you set it up on your wireless network it will not connect to your friends wireless network as diff password etc you need to set it up on your friends wireless network for it to connect same as anything like a laptop wifi bridge etc needs setting up on the network it will be working on
hope this helps a bit

Thanks for your response.

I have asked him to rescan to find his wireless network, which he does and then to enter his encryption key and press ok, which he does but it still fails.
seems like its retaining the old settings or still trying to connect to my wireless ssid.

any other ideas or how to reset the wireless settings n start from scratch?

Had the exact same problem with a tm800hd wireless card.
Turned out to be the encryption used by the router we changed it and it connected straight away
Changed it to wpa

Resolved my problem at post #104 - the HDD failed to install properly. There is no feedback shown when Initialising or Checking filesystem but reading around saw that HDD installation was known to go wrong at times. So I removed the HDD and re-formatted in ext3 on a linux computer. The Rename option on the menu while in the PVR screen now works.

I have been trying to find why the second infobar does not show. So I read there should be an option in Setup - System - Customise to 'Show second infobar'. I see this option but the selections are '1-10 secs/None/No timeout' not a 'Yes/No'. What am I missing?

In the second infobar search I tried the other skins provided (without success) but I cannot see how to return to the original skin - I assumed it would be the 'default' but it is not.

@Rat

I have seen there is a V1.1 but have not seen anything to suggest that my queries at #109 would be resolved by an update.

Is there a 'These are the Changes' listing?

Hi,

I'm also trying to get second infobar to show up, but it's not working, tried several skins which claim to have it, but still no luck.

Please help

its a strange one the second infobar
I cant get it to show on pre installed skin, but it shows for ellie lol we have gone through settings together and all sorts but it just dont work for me

so if there is an answer Id be interested, not that Id use it lol just the fact why it dont work

Rat, what settings are you checking, cause the only setting I know is if it should show or not?

for me it is quite useful, so I would like to have it. I was using before some openpli backup image and it was working there, however there were some other issues with that image and that's why i switched to dw. so far i really like how dw image works, but secondary infobar is something that i would really like to have.

I just put the image on and switched to show 2nd infobar and put no timeout and it shows if we hit ok twice.

tried many images non seem to work i will chk this one now thaNKS

How do you put images in

Last edited by a moderator:
Back