SKYBOX F3 - recovery kit for bricked or fail boot.

you only have 2 posts and you need at least 5 posts to download stuff my friend

I am trying to fix one for a friend f3 bricked ,how many images are there all the 1s I try say wrong file . has anybody actually recovered a bricked f3 ?

guys will this work with a passworded f5, just want to wipe the image altogether and get rid of password but box works fine apart from password.

can you not get menu to flash it that way
i dont have the box yet mate its a friends, so not sure if it can just be reflashed via usb, but i made him a usb up with channel list on and he says he cant update it because of a password, so im just assuming the option to update the image will be protected too, and looking into sorting so im upto speed when he brings it.

it works with f3 not tried it with f5 if has password flashing that way will wipe the password

mine already corrupted....may give a try on this method to get recover...

how to get download all files from this forum, as i just new member here...

going to try this fingers crossed it works, my sky f3s box is stuck on load !!

I have a dead Skybod F3

Sorry, make that Skybox F3

Cannot get a signal from a known good LNB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx to the author/s of this kit
Instrucstions

1.Connect your RS232 LEAD to the SKYBOX F3 then go to device manager check which port your rs232 is on (port 1 is default)

Go to windows device manger to check

1-8.gif

2.Now select corresponding port on the erom software.

3.Press upgrade & select the skybox f3.abs enclosed in the erom folder.

4.Switch off the SKYBOX F3 at the rear of the box.

5.Now press "NEXT" then turn the box on at the back you will now see "Com Port OK"

6.The loader will now start loading slowly. (allow the firmware time to load even if it hangs at the end wait for completion)

If it fails to start loading,turn the box off via the rear power switch & again press "NEXT" then turn the reciever back on,it may take several times before the box starts to load the firmware.

Ive tried this method and it does work

hey biffo matey, any chance u could link a lead on ebay for this? ive got a box with this issue and i would like to unbrick it.

or a pm with a link that would be good too.

I have got problem with skybox went to update channels today with usb stick with channel update from ajays channel list, the box now seems to be stuck on the loading screen and wont come off even when powering box down. Thanks for the information above I have sent for RS232 cable to serial port on pc hopefully this will work for f5s :banana:

Hi there just a thought have you tried using a USB with less memory on it say a 4gb stick or less?

1.Connect your RS232 LEAD to the SKYBOX F3

2.Now select corresponding port on the erom software.

3.Press upgrade & select the skybox f3.abs enclosed in the erom folder.

4.Switch off the SKYBOX F3 at the rear of the box.

5.Now press "NEXT" then turn the box on at the back you will now see "Com Port OK and the blue bar start to fill up"

6.The loader will now start loading slowly. (allow the firmware time to load even if it hangs at the end wait for completion and it will reboot once completed)

If it fails to start loading,turn the box off via the rear power switch & again press "NEXT" then turn the reciever back on,it may take several times before the box starts to load the firmware.

Back