SKYBOX F3 - recovery kit for bricked or fail boot.

old pc's are often cheaper than buying an adapter.
I got mine for free from the town dump.

old pc dug outand dusted off ,

Worked first time , box is breathing again ,

Woo HOO
old pc's are often cheaper than buying an adapter.
I got mine for free from the town dump.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the latest software to flash my f5 box thanks

is this the current software for resolving this issue ....i have a skybox F4 ...which seems not to load ...will this still be ok for it

hi guys
got skybox f3 not powering on, connected to recovery software and all goes fine 100%. but still have not powering on after succesfull upgrade!
anyone else had this problem?
any idea what else i can try?
and does upgradeing this way, clear any lines installed on the box?
many thanks in advance ;-)

yea ive had that took the flash ok but would not fix it yes will wipe line off and had to bin it anyway

you can keep on trying if it takes flash and still nothing then it looks goosed maybe an older or newer image might do the trick or perhaps someone else might have an answer for you ? good luck

managed to fix mine with a usb to rs232 male plugged into a rs232 to rs232 female. cost a couple of quid on amazon..
plugged usb end into my windows 8 computer and other end into the box and it worked 1st time...

hi, so usb to rs232 null modem dosent work then? I tried about 3 hours and no joy, so has to be serial to serial then ,correct?

hi, so usb to rs232 null modem dosent work then? I tried about 3 hours and no joy, so has to be serial to serial then ,correct?
sometimes it will work but I would say 9 times out of 10 direct comport works when the usb to serial wont connect ,I did one other day was on the road and tried about 10 times with usb to serial got home tried on old laptop with comport first time loaded no problem
alex

Seems to be hit and miss with usb to serial converters but if you're using a desktop pc just fit a serial port at the back, most, if not all, newer motherboards do still include a connection to add a serial port, my win7 pc does and they're easy to fit.

even if the mainboard had a spot for an rs232 ribbon odds are they don't have one anyway.
My newer pc doesn't have a comport or even an open pci slot to add one.

What I used from amazon... just join together..
41mxZRCbD5L.jpg

Price: £1.90
31ai38muHfL.jpg

Price: £2.30

Perfect will try tomoro

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Mismatch file on screen ? what to do now?

Mismatch file on screen ? what to do now?

Box could be a clone, try a clone safe image. Flashing didn't fix my box :( still won't boot, can't win then all lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Back