SKYBOX F3 - recovery kit for bricked or fail boot.

nice info will come in handy...ive got a f3 that is dead...makes a fizzing sound when you connect the power chord..probably adifferent issue from flashing..

OK guys. I have managed to flash the firmware. I have actually tried about five different images all with the same end result. Once everything completes the box begins to reboot. It says LOAD and then cycles through L000- L097. Then it repeats and does not stop. Is there something that I am doing or not doing? Please advise. Oh not sure if this is related but the remote does not work with the box either. Its definitely a skybox f3s. not sure if I should try some clone firmware. thoughts?

Ensure you are using the correct erom upgrade tool and right firmware for box---many people seem to make the error of using F3s f/w for F3 and vice versa. Also the erom upgrader was written for use on desktop using XP with built in serial port not a laptop with a usb adapter---if you are using the usb adapter then ensure it's of the prolific type for use with the RS232 null modem cable which is a cross over cable.
Grimreaper.

tried a few differant images on one finally it lives but clone box image bought it back

thanks for the info.

I have actually dnoe all of the above. I was using a laptop with windows 8 and usb adapter. so i switched to my desktop. still the same issue. It loads the firmware so I do not get any errors. the only error occurs when it restarts. then it gets to 97 and restarts. I did read somewhere that there was a batch of f3s boxes that only run a specific firmware, but tbh I have not been able to find that firmware to give it a go,

3601HD_14_01_2013_0F23 firmware

Any more insight?

So frustrating

Your box is a clone---the firmware you quote is not on any of the original or genuine models of the F3.The clone site is no longer on line so I suggest hunting for clone firmware from fellow users..
Grimreaper.

Hi all,

I have just bought the null modem llead to do the flash but have been given a CD but have no idea what to do next.

I t has a file nmaed RS323 to USB but still there is nothing to help with fixing my box

Any help, please

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all,

I have just bought the null modem llead to do the flash but have been given a CD but have no idea what to do next.

I t has a file named RS232 to USB but still there is nothing to help with fixing my box

Any help, please

Hi all,

I t has a file nmaed RS323 to USB but still there is nothing to help with fixing my box

Any help, please

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all,

I t has a file named RS232 to USB but still there is nothing to help with fixing my box

Any help, please

have you check your com port make sure it set to what ever com you uses

Ahright so that's where I go to device manager/ports and see which are there.? I'll have a look when I get home.

Appreciate your help

I assume you upload the firmware after if needed when the box is back working after the flash?

The usb and serial is in the device manager with an exclamation mark. I am at the stage of running the EROMUpgrade but not sure what my comm is and it wont find my skybox firmware on my desktop. Even when trying to open the firmware of WINRAR it says "Cannot Open"

Can anyone help?

Ahright so that's where I go to device manager/ports and see which are there.? I'll have a look when I get home.

Appreciate your help

I assume you upload the firmware after if needed when the box is back working after the flash?

i did say to u i help you out when i pm you

I cant seem to locate the file when I browse it at the stage below

Run the Loader named EromUpgrade and select browse. In the pop-up box, navigate to where you downloaded the firmware for your box. Note...the firmware will also need to be unpacked first with winrar.

u need a com port on ur laptop .i could never get usb to com port to work properly

It does recognise the usb and serial lead on my laptop though has an "!"

This section below is where I am having a problem. I cannot find the file I need to upload

Back