Image: Sportster 1.10 RC006 UK Release

learntofly

Inactive User
Reaction score
Have UK'd todays RC006 release..

* DESELECT IDE DRIVERS FROM <DBOX> SETTINGS > DRIVER AND BOOT SETTINGS IF YOU'RE NOT PLANNING ON USING THIS

* DESELCT AVIA500 FROM <DBOX> <BLUE> ONLINE UPDATE > UCODE - UPDATE IF YOU'RE USING AVIA600

* PLAY WITH THE SETTINGS FROM THE <DBOX> <BLUE> MENU.. YOU'LL FIND A SETTING THAT SUITS YOUR BOX BEFORE LONG

1x: http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/1283/

2x: http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/1286/

**** As the Title says 1X Sportster 1.10 RC006 Modified for UK use.. ****

Cant remember everything but..

* The usual.. UK clocks / cables / timezone / Zapit / Sectionsd etc

* Custom newcamd compatability script (libcrypto.so.0.9.7 switcher) (make sure you reboot if you switch camds)

* Set My Location.. the sectionsd 'new channel' scanning can be activiated by editing sectionsd.conf in /var/tuxbox/config but Id imagine amongst the myriad of menus thered be an easier way of doing this

* Latest EVO/MG/NEWCamd's

* Probably more but I cant remeber

IP Address is 192.168.1.101
Gateway 192.168.1.1

Naturally a massive massive thanks to the Sportster team in germany who procide 99.9% of the work here :)

There maybe some bugs mistakes in this.. if you're bothered enough to complain.. get bothered enough to learn how to fix 'em ;)

Learntofly 10 April 2007

**** Feedback to http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/ ****

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to download the root and var to do the 2x but it says deleted by uploader

Good work guys:grab:

if I have a nokia 2x avia 600 am I better with ucode 001A or 0014?

how can i disable the 500 also? as in the online update menu part?

Thanks

Last edited:
Have UK'd todays RC006 release..

* DESELECT IDE DRIVERS FROM <DBOX> SETTINGS > DRIVER AND BOOT SETTINGS IF YOU'RE NOT PLANNING ON USING THIS

* DESELCT AVIA500 FROM <DBOX> <BLUE> ONLINE UPDATE > UCODE - UPDATE IF YOU'RE USING AVIA600

* PLAY WITH THE SETTINGS FROM THE <DBOX> <BLUE> MENU.. YOU'LL FIND A SETTING THAT SUITS YOUR BOX BEFORE LONG

1x: http://rapidshare.com/files/25168842/rootandvarupdate.rar.html

Currently its only 1x however ive uploaded a root,var and the original 2x image to: http://rapidshare.com/files/25166649/rootandvarupdate.rar.html so maybe someone will do a 2x conversion? (HINT HINT)

**** As the Title says 1X Sportster 1.10 RC006 Modified for UK use.. ****

Cant remember everything but..

* The usual.. UK clocks / cables / timezone / Zapit / Sectionsd etc

* Custom newcamd compatability script (libcrypto.so.0.9.7 switcher) (make sure you reboot if you switch camds)

* Set My Location.. the sectionsd 'new channel' scanning can be activiated by editing sectionsd.conf in /var/tuxbox/config but Id imagine amongst the myriad of menus thered be an easier way of doing this

* Latest EVO/MG/NEWCamd's

* Probably more but I cant remeber

IP Address is 192.168.1.101
Gateway 192.168.1.1

Naturally a massive massive thanks to the Sportster team in germany who procide 99.9% of the work here :)

There maybe some bugs mistakes in this.. if you're bothered enough to complain.. get bothered enough to learn how to fix 'em ;)

Learntofly 10 April 2007

**** Feedback to http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/ ****

Hi
Is this a 1x image or not?
The reason I ask is that I have downloaded it and it states that it is a 2x Image on the read me file and also the title of the image itself?
Many Thanks

Mine says 1x, there are two links what one did you use?

OK. Have just updated to this 2x image and added the uk tuxbox commander file as well.

Seems to be working ok atm (watching the footy) but the time on the infobar seems messed up. The second and fourth digits are missing for me so the time looks like 1_:4_.

On another note the picture is great and I am just about to try and setup recording via NFS. Hopefully it works ok.

EDIT:

NFS recording seems to be working ok. All in all a v. nice image.

cheers guys

Last edited:
Clock on mine is same as previous post, also the infobar settings are still in German, don't know if I got the right download as there are 2 of the 2x images with same name. I like it, better picture but would like the info bar to work same way as other newer images so you can view whats on for the whole day without hitting the red button.

Top job though.

the clock on mine went funny on the rc005 when i changed the ucodes, digits went missing.

changed them back and clock was ok.

the clock on mine went funny on the rc005 when i changed the ucodes, digits went missing.

That is probably why my clock has gone funny. Guess I'll have to live with it as I need to use ucode 0014 so recording works ok.

yeh it was 0014 i switched to, i guess it will be sorted by the sportster crew in future release.

Clock on mine is same as previous post, also the infobar settings are still in German, don't know if I got the right download as there are 2 of the 2x images with same name. I like it, better picture but would like the info bar to work same way as other newer images so you can view whats on for the whole day without hitting the red button.

Top job though.
Jaffa you can see what on throughout the day on all channels
Dbox->
Settings ->
Infobar Settings
Virtual zap(Sky Mode) MAKE SURE this is ON

Then when you press the ? button if you go left or right you swith in to the virtual zap mode then you can go up and down to see whats on later.

Hope this helps.

P.S My German is crap (I've tried google translator) can anyone tell me the other settings are in Infobar settings

Looking for a time fix for this image

Has anyone got a time fix for this image?
There seems to be digits missing form the clock. I cant do an update as I dont connect the dbox to the internet. As well as this the ucodes update menu does not show up on this image the x2 version if you press dbox / blue / update.
Apart from this the image seems to be very stable and picture is the best I have seen on an image. just the clock error is anoying when your checking the time.

Lerntofly your defo making the grade very nice work :)
Cablerat

Hi cablerat...I did have that problem aswell with the clock, but I like to try different images so I saved this one and tried another, but I liked this one better so I flashed my saved image back on and the clock is spot on now....I dont know why but it is, so maybe saving your image and re falshing it will work, worth a try.

Edit: Forget above, clock has gone silly again.

Last edited:
nice image, just one question, since flashing to this image i have lost nickelodeon, has anyone else had this problem?

:)

Still have Nick on mine but I did do a rescan, dont know if it was there before that.

Back