New Image! SS-Enigma v2.0 2x

Thanks Al,

that worked a treat, at least i know its not me doing something stupid :)

did you have a look at the comment i made about background scanning, as it does seem to me that SS Enigma is doing something as it has picked up the new DMAX channel

cheers

Freddy

I have tested image on my sagem 1x and all is perfect.

I have had the image on the box for about 48 hours now and not one problem.

The image is very stable the picture is nice and clear.

Image is very easy to use to.

I would recommend anyone that has a sagem or nokia box that has problems with frezzing or chirping or lose of picture when watching tv try this IMAGE.

Well done on putting such a great image together nice one lads.

Hope to see more images from you lads.

If you ever need anyone to test new images on sagem 1x just give us a pm.

did you have a look at the comment i made about background scanning, as it does seem to me that SS Enigma is doing something as it has picked up the new DMAX channel

enigma constantly scans the transponder ur on if it finds anything new u itl appear in the "all services" list prob with a symbol next to it too :) so as u flick though different transponders any new channels should be picked up :)

cheers

osborne82

Thanks Johnboy, first feedback I have had from a Sagem user, I'm glad it is working well for you, I may take you up on your offer for testing when I have a look at producing the next image as it may be squashfs.

@osborne82, thanks for the info, I didn't know background scanning was in the Enigma cvs, would be nice to have this as an option in the expert setup to also allow background scanning of all transponders.

Cheers guys

Boswell
(SS)

SS-Enigma Skins Library

As Boswell (aká SatSearching) mentioned earlier, him and me have now banged heads and come up with a library of Skins, all tested and working on SS-Enigma.

There's a total of 12 Skins in the package, and these include the two default Skins in the image- Pulse and Hybrid. So if you delete one or both of these skins to test others, you can always re-install them later.

We've also included a nice illustrated 'Step-by-step' guide in PDF format (thanks to SS's skills with pdf creation and screen-shots!). If you follow the guide carefully, you can't really go wrong.

This is a temporary Link to the RAR file (only 1.06mb); one of our nice kind Mods is going to append the file to the original SS-Enigma image in Downloads, to keep everything together.

Enjoy! Cheers- AL and SatSearching :Cheers:
Edit: Link removed- see updated Download Link further down please.

Last edited:
Cheers Al, SS

This is great, thanks so much for putting these together for us to try out.

I can add another one which i have tested and works OK, attached here....

cheers,
Freddy

Thanks Freddy, credit to AL really though, he found the skins, tested, uploaded and did the majority of the tut.

Boswell

Was just about to try out some of the skins you posted sent and after unraring the file a couple of quick clarifications required to possibly prevent more crashes !

Its not clear to me for the picture folders of

futura
futura_platin

pulse
pulse old

which are the corresponding & correct esml / info files that we should put into the skins folder as the file names dont match the picture folder names exactly ??

e.g for the Picture folder pulse old are the corresponding esml/info files the ones beginning pulse dark ?

sorry to be a pain :)

No probs Freddy
I think the corresponding pictures folder caters for both emsl/info file so shouldn't be a problem, AL will be able to confirm, or just try it! Make sure you have a good working backup first!

EDIT: Just looked at the rar, I see what you mean now, not sure, wait for AL to confirm!

Boswell

Last edited:
Sorry it took so long to get back, guys - a night in front of the telly last night, LOL!

Futura: This had me confused to start with, but both variations of the Futura .esml and .info files use the SAME pictures folder: futura_platin.
Which means we are missing the esml/info files for the pictures folder futura ??? I'll look into this.

Edit: Oops! Delete the folder futura as this is a duplicate of futura_platin

Pulse: This is a special case that we should really have mentioned in the Tute, sorry!

Mrdude gave us 2 variations of Pulse, which were basically slightly different colourings.

The pulse.esml and pulse.info files in the /skins folder will be looking for a pictures folder called pulse - this is the latest version, which mrdude originally called pulse_dark or similar.

If you want to try his previous version- that's easy. In FTP, just transfer the pulse old folder 'AS' pulse and all will be fine.

Cheers- AL

Last edited:
Updated SS-Enigma Skins Library

OK, guys- I've taken onboard the debug feedback and have updated the RAR file to remove the anomalies.

Have included the 2 Skins upped by Frederick, but have NOT tested these myself. We'll take his word for it that they work, LOL!

IMPORTANT!!

There's a new folder in the rar called share_fonts

Please add these fonts to your existing /share/fonts/ folder. Most will exist aleady, but the few that don't will make all the difference between certain Skins working, or crashing your box.

Apologies for omitting this vital folder on the initial release. I'm just going off to reprimand myself with a heavy wooden mallet...

Cheers- AL

Thanks Al for sorting these out, much clearer now and got the pulse skin running fine.

I'll try a few others out and report back if any problems

cheers

Freddy

Thanks Al for sorting these out, much clearer now and got the pulse skin running fine.

I'll try a few others out and report back if any problems

cheers

Freddy

Freddy- you're a very naughty boy! There's 2 Skins in the futura_desk suite you uploaded. I've just got around to testing them...

futura_desk_s works fine. It's probably the one you tested.

futura_desk_v just crashed my box, so out with IFA again. :Cry:

Don't use the 'v' version until we debug it, peeps! Cheers- AL

oops , sorry ...was sure i tested both.....I might be brave and try again to 2x check

Yep, you were right ( of course ! ) .... IFA to the rescue.....apologies

Last edited:
I've trapped the error!

Right up at the top of the futura_desk_v.esml file, in the Fonts section, is a rogue line that needs to be edited. Change this line:

<fonts basepath="/var/tuxbox/config/enigma/fonts/futura_desk_v">

So it just reads: <fonts>

No wonder it crashed, looking for it's Fonts where they don't exist!!

Will test this again later (as my box is tied-up testing 7 Day EPG at present).

Cheers- AL :cheesy grin

Last edited:
Nice one, well spotted AL.

Boswell

It tests out OK now with that line edited, m8. Nice Skins, the pair of 'em. Only snag I can pick fault with is that the Infobar signal levels don't do anything in either skin.

Still can't find a skin I like better than Hybrid - but there again, I suppose I would say that, wouldn't I? LOL!

Did you have any joy re-colouring the VolumeSlider for Wise skin, m8?

Cheers- AL

AL
Forgot about it m8, but just quickly done a (drunken) edit for you, check your email.

Cheers
Boswell

Back