New Image! SS-Enigma v2.0 2x

PaphosAL

Veteran flasher
Reaction score
Oasis- Surrounded by bandits and noisy brats
I've tried three times to add this image to Dbox Images Downloads, but each attempt failed. Please could one of you nice Mods or Admin give it a try?

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/2033/

Thanks to Alien Heads for the permanent hosting tip- nice one, m8!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?7vp9idf2ygt

Here's the release notes by SatSearching- Many thanks! AL

--------------------------------------------------------------
SS-ENIGMA V2.0

This is my first real attempt at compiling and modding an image (and I
am a noob at image work) but after a lot of time and help from others
(see foot note) it appears to work very well!

This is a Dbox2 jffs2 2x image so can be converted for 1x boxes,
as I don't have a 1X I cannot try it.

Why use an Enigma image?

Enigma gives better picture quality for some people
Enigma images are known to be more stable on some problem boxes,
Enigma menu's are different to Neutrino and are SKINABLE, PaphosAL's
"Hybrid Skin" is installed as default, also packaged in this download
is a Black Pearl skin and MrDudes eccellent "Pulse skin" these can easily
be added. There are loads of different skins available on the internet for Enigma

Why use this SS-ENIGMA image?

It has UK Scan all
It has a full cam and ucode menu (press and hold the blue button for 2 secs)
It has a working infobar for UK
It runs plugins fine that some other Enigma images fail to run.
Working Tuxwetter 3.20 (with uk settings and current webcams) and LCD
Signalmeter Plugins are included.

Notes:

There are NO keys in var/keys. Cams go in var/bin
I suggest seeing which cam works best for your box then delete the other
cams, this will free up space so you can try different skins (you really
should try other skins, it is a great feature!).
Although this image can scan for uk you may find it easier to convert
and upload your existing neutrino bouquets if you have one, "Bouquet
Wizard 3.0.0" works well doing this!
Credits go to Datacave, Cable Ferret and Digital Worldz whose forums I have
learnt everything from to produce this image. Also to whoever produced the
various diffs I have used but don't really know who originally produced them.
Big thanks to fergy and osbourne82 in cablelinux for there patience and expert help.
Special thanks to PaphosAL, mrdude and Caoimhe for the help, sound advice and testing.

Hope you enjoy the image ;-)
Satsearching
SS

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one m8 thanks for shareing downloading now will give it a try later.

cheers

Xenafan

I've tried three times to add this image to Dbox Images Downloads, but each attempt failed. Please could one of you nice Mods or Admin give it a try? The link below will only last a week:

Two very good file hosting sites that i use all the time.

http://www.mediafire.com/ will host files indefinitely.

http://www.verzend.be/ will host files until there have been zero downloads of your file in 7 days.

i've always had Neutrino, never tried Enigma - do u flash in the same way? without bootloader?

I have never tried Enigma myself, mainly because there wasnt many around and the guys that do the neutrinos are always on hand to answer any questions but I will give it a go to see what its like.

Thx for posting PaphosAL

@PaphosAL

Have you tried this image yourself m8 and if so, what is your opinion (as a knowledagable dbox person that is).

Yes, m8. Then go into Settings > Expert Setup > Comms Setup and change your Network settings. Have fun! AL

i'l bosh it on wednesday night for a try - missus out, kids in bed - time to mess around with things!!!

got the bouquet wizard - must remember to change the settings so it converts them to enigma

good stuff Al ;)

@PaphosAL

Have you tried this image yourself m8 and if so, what is your opinion (as a knowledagable dbox person that is).

Tried it, Jaffa? Been helping with beta testing and feedback/suggestions in a mega thread over on the cave, along with mrdude and Caoimhe (of mercs.us fame). I hold the world record for IFA sessions after messing with Skins, LOL!

It's going on the Lounge and Bedroom boxes as we speak, with 'er Indoors approval. So that should tell you my opinion, m8!

And it's really great that the dBox2 scene is ALIVE with modders, not only on the Neutrino side, but now- thanks to SatSearching's hard work - something fresh and exciting on the UK Enigma front, too!

You'll love the bootlogo- it's an absolute classic. SS's 10 year old son did it. I'm not going to replace for all the tea in China!

Cheers- AL

Thanks for info AL, I will give it a go one of these days, actually as soon as I get a chance. I am aware of your IFA exploits, been reading you can do it blindfolded now...lol

Right, Al - u around at the moment?

1) In the Cam's & Ucodes menu, if you select the 'about' button, it gives a warning message about'emu management skin' missing or something. is that something i've forgot to load? anyways, it then shutsdown

2) Bouquet Wizard - what settings u using? any of the default ones? they don't seem to tie up, either enigma or enigma2 - whats the paths? i found the cables.xml in the share/tuxbox folder - where do the services/bouquest stuff go?

so far, i really like the menus and that - a bit more fancy than good old neutrino - nice work!! running GBOX and Vortex on nokia *2

bloomin bouquet wizard... i've got channels - and i'm watching fine - it just can't get it to show any channels in bouquet wizard. it says import ok - but there's nowt to arrange?!???!?!? it may take a while as i get used to enigma!

Dream Edit

:xmas:Try doing it with Dream Edit,Rather than Bow k Editor............Paul

Right, Al - u around at the moment?

1) In the Cam's & Ucodes menu, if you select the 'about' button, it gives a warning message about'emu management skin' missing or something. is that something i've forgot to load? anyways, it then shutsdown

2) Bouquet Wizard - what settings u using? any of the default ones? they don't seem to tie up, either enigma or enigma2 - whats the paths? i found the cables.xml in the share/tuxbox folder - where do the services/bouquest stuff go?

so far, i really like the menus and that - a bit more fancy than good old neutrino - nice work!! running GBOX and Vortex on nokia *2

I confirm that IS a bug, m8- and have notified SatSearching. Looks like a file missing from the image.

I use Dreambox Edit. At the outset, I did a full scan. Dbox is then connected to PC as you would for ftp. Set up DE with the correct IP for dbox etc. You then import the services into DE, where they are saved locally. Build and organize your Bouquets on the PC with DE, then send the whole lot back to the dbox with the ftp function in DE.

On the dbox, it all gets stored in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma

Cheers- and thanks for the useful feedback! AL

will have a go again tonight - i always have such a small window ; time kids in bed - time missus finishes work = time to mess on with the box!

ended up doing a full scan, so all channels there.

can u change buttons/key binding at all - like bouquet control? i'm used to 'enter' for bouquet list but it defaults to 'all channels' , same as 'left' and 'right' to channel thru the EPG while still staying on current channel.

i know that i'm probably asking a bit much as there's lots of neutrino dev out there so functionallity is probably very different between the 2 versions.

Still, as i said, love the look of it !! i'll get that dreambox edit once i google around for it :Biggrin2:

Here's Dreambox Edit for you, m8:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bwniyknyvw2

You can change default r/c functions from Enigma to Neutrino in Settings > Expert Setup > Remote Control

I find that pressing OK brings up that wicked Infobar, then press OK again gives you the Current Bouquet. If you see 'All Channels' listed, just press Blue and you should be seeing current bouquet. It seems to remember this setting.

I don't think that Enigma has the feature where you can browse L/R while staying on the current channel- yet!

Cheers- AL

Try Bouquet Wizard v3.0.0 (not 3.0.3.)

In bouquet wizard settings, create a new profile, call it summat "dbox-enigma"

Firmware type-Enigma
Set your IP address
Path to Services= /var/tuxbox/config/enigma
Path to Bouquets= /var/tuxbox/config/enigma
FTP Login Account= root
FTP login Password= dbox2

Then in the export window

Select your new "dbox-enigma" profile

Destination=Box
Orange icon=Enigma (not enigma2)

Output Format
Bouquets= Type2: Enigma Bouquets [eDVB Bouquets V2]
Services= Type2: Services (cable) [eDVB Bouquets V2]

Then hit Export

Then perform refresh

Works for me

going to give it a go this weekend, like enigma images but always had problems with movieplayer via vlc and recording, has this been sorted on this image, thanks in advance

Back