dreambox help

but once done you will need to read up on ftp etc for adding a new cline etc. Honestly not too hard just take your time read tuts and when stuck ask for help.

I did link you to some files in a previous thread I think mate
but I see you have the HD not the SE
:)
the files you need are here DM800HD
images and bootloaders, I would imagine you flash the same way as SE though

here is a tut but remember you flash twice with a clone box :)
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/208583/

Power Off From Rear

press And Hold In Standby Button

Power On (still holding standby button in)

Until You See STOP in front dispaly and release standby

see IP in front display

enter this IP into your web browser scroll to bottom and browse for image that you stored on your mac

flash image

DO NOT REBOOT AFTER FLASH

now open another web page and enter IP again

repeat above and flash the second file

when finished you can now reboot the box

Im sure if the HD is different to SE in flashing in any way someone will put me right

hope that helps a little mate

I did all the above but now I am stuck on the Blackhole screen and every so often I get part of the screen changing colour then the whole screen changes colour for a few seconds then it goes back to Blackhole and the remote has no effect on it...is it broke?

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone recommend a reliable seller for a DM800SE clone - don't want to get bobbed ... (not interested in pre-loaded c/s)

could be a bad flash ? Id try another image :) I would maybe try DBUK as it has a lot of stuff installed as standard :)

I did all the above but now I am stuck on the Blackhole screen and every so often I get part of the screen changing colour then the whole screen changes colour for a few seconds then it goes back to Blackhole and the remote has no effect on it...is it broke?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just put box IP in my iPhone using Safari and it connected to Dreambox WebControl
although I didn't try the STOP to flash an image so maybe thats different :err:

check IP again as it changes if not set to static

If your image is corrupt you wont get the Dreambox web control because the box hasnt booted fully. You must but the box into ***STOP*** mode before you can flash an image via web browser.
I would guess you tried to navigate to an invalid IP address of the box is not in ***STOP*** Mode.

I just put box IP in my iPhone using Safari and it connected to Dreambox WebControl
although I didn't try the STOP to flash an image so maybe thats different :err:

check IP again as it changes if not set to static

Tried the iPhone ...it couldn't find the server

Just noitced that 192.168.1.16 is connected as ftp
Also just noticed that dm800 is on my network and i can access Harddisk and Configfiles, does this help at all as i can see the DreamboxUK_v1-1.1_DM800_SIM201_SSL82.nfi file?

Finally I ve sorted out the flashing bit and just setup the DM800hd, sorted out the channels, so now its working on freest channels only

Do I just need to sort out getting a c line from a server and follow their instructions for the receiving the 'other' channels?

pretty much yes mate :)

please be very careful
I know you have been stung before and you are not silly :)
but dont pay in advance

good luck :)

Do you mean pay on a monthly basis?

Do you recommend setting a password on the Dreambox, if so how do I do that?

yes pay monthly not a year in advance :)

I havent set up a password, upto you really but no need, it for traders really mate as you have found out ;)

Thanks for that,however, I ve just pressed the yellow button on the remote and everything just freezes, it s happened 3 times now, does that mean I need to re flash the box?

I just discovered that I have a problem with the coloured buttons functionality

RED BUTTON = RECORD
LONG RED BUTTON = SINGLE-EPG
GREEN BUTTON = PLUGINS
LONG GREEN BUTTON = PLUGINS not the SOFTCAM MANAGER
YELLOW BUTTON = makes the db crash/freeze
LONG YELLOW BUTTON = CCCAMINFO
BLUE BUTTON = EXTENSIONS
LONG BLUE BUTTON = GRAPHICAL MULTI-EPG

So my idea is don't press the yellow button and if I need the Softcam manager I m sure ill be able to access from another route!

Hopefully It may sort itself out

Last edited:
not owning a 800HD Im unsure if buttons etc are diffreent than on the SE ??

I think on the SE on DBUK image yellow is pause live tv (kids on Wii so cant check) lol

not owning a 800HD Im unsure if buttons etc are diffreent than on the SE ??

I think on the SE on DBUK image yellow is pause live tv (kids on Wii so cant check) lol

As Rat says m8,but if you have not got either a usb stick or HDD setup correctly it will crash when you press the yellow button as its expecting to be able to pause (record in the background) live TV

As Rat says m8,but if you have not got either a usb stick or HDD setup correctly it will crash when you press the yellow button as its expecting to be able to pause (record in the background) live TV

I see// I think..Just checked some movies on the hard disk and they will not play...then the DB froze...
tried to initialise it and I think its doing it right now. ..a dodgy HD could explain the freezing...cheers

I ve just tried to record and the DB seems to record as when I press the PVR button the programme is there, but when I
select it and click it I get a message "No data on Transponder"

I take it you have a internal HDD
if you press PVR button on remote then yellow for location
select /hdd/movie
all recorded stuff should be there
also check recording paths in menu, setup, system, recording paths

I take it you have a internal HDD
if you press PVR button on remote then yellow for location
select /hdd/movie
all recorded stuff should be there
also check recording paths in menu, setup, system, recording paths

Yes it's internal 250gb..I think I may have deleted the couple of movies which were in /hdd/movie... recording paths
seemed to be directing the recorded stuff to hdd/movie..if the hd was broke it wouldn't show up would it?

Back