Sensible Topic Best tv available thread.

stefblak

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember when I went to buy a new telly a few years ago we had a thread on what's best to look for etc in a thread. Also secret menus and best settings for viewing tv and gaming. I've tried searching has it gone or did we just stop discussing these things? I'm due to treat myself to a new telly and was wanting to read about what's new and good etc. Just don't see it anymore.

I remember that thread. It must be here somewhere.

I did find something on secret menus, but it's pretty out of date.

Audio Visual Secret Menus
Yeah. It was an interesting wee thread. It told you what tellies were in supermarket brands etc as well. It would be interesting to see what's changed and what's become the best and worst.

I had a £600 LG 50" tv, it was good, sold it and bought a 55" Hinese tv for £280 and its even better that than the LG :rolleyes:

So hisense is a decent picture etc? I got my son a 55 crystal samsung 4k. U can literally walk in to it.
Yes it is good, I do use the Shield tv with AI upscalling on
the sound is not the best but I find a lot of tvs are not, but I use a soundbar anyways

I found this when looking for a new TV recently

To make sense of exactly what these numbers and letters mean, let’s look at each component of this year's QN95C (QE55QN95CATXXU).

Q: This reflects the panel type, with Q covering both Neo and basic QLEDs. S, meanwhile, refers to QD-OLED panels, while U denotes basic LED panels.

E: This refers to the market the TV is on sale in, in this case, Europe. N signifies it’s a TV produced for the North American market, while A is for Asia and the Middle East.

55: The first pair of numbers simply indicate the screen size of the television in question.

QN: This relates to the range - QN being the company’s Neo QLED range. S represents the QD-OLED range.

95: The second set of numbers indicates the model series. The higher the number, the more premium the TV is. Three digits refer to 8K models, while two digits relate to 4K models.

C: This refers to the year of manufacture. Samsung has skipped a number of letters in recent years but A indicates 2021, B 2022, and C 2023.

Cheers bro. I thought hisense was a cheap budget telly with poor panels. Maybe worth a second look.
Not the best but for the price is damn good, as I said much better than the £600 LG tv I had before

Hisense

The new generation LG G3 Oled’s look stunning imo but it depends on what you want to pay I suppose for a tv.

Cheers bro. I thought hisense was a cheap budget telly with poor panels. Maybe worth a second look.
Join Costco as a online buyer only £15 last time I looked, big discount and delivery to your door, most makes available but I went for the Hisense 50 inch, good picture but play about with sound ( theatre movie etc)

The Hisense tv's have quite a impressive picture for a budget tv.
I looked at them when i was buying.

As mentioned the sound quality isnt the best but i think thats the case with most tv's now, they are that slim theres no room for decent speakers.
I picked a Samsung sound bar up from Argos for £80 and its the dogs b@llox....

very subjective but i would recommend the samsung q95. i hqve the 65" verion and the picture quality is great. also the dex connectivity with samsun fone is good.

very subjective but i would recommend the samsung q95. i hqve the 65" verion and the picture quality is great. also the dex connectivity with samsun fone is good.
just to add sound quality is just ok, most tvs probably need sound bar.

Watching a HiSense at the moment in a place that we’ve rented for a short break. The picture is superb, but the sound? A few previous posts have mentioned that the sound isn’t great. I’d go further and say that the sound is shite tbh, thin and tinny. You can see/hear where the savings have been made.

You’d need to factor in at least a hundred quid (preferably more), for a decent soundbar if you don’t already have one.

Reference the sound, as Kryton says it is a fault throughout the TV industry because as the TVs became thinner and lighter so the speakers became slimmer and that lessens the sound quality, so now there is much more of a reason to have a sound bar to increase the audio quality to a level that matches the picture quality that most manufacturers are achieving.

Reference the sound, as Kryton says it is a fault throughout the TV industry because as the TVs became thinner and lighter so the speakers became slimmer and that lessens the sound quality, so now there is much more of a reason to have a sound bar to increase the audio quality to a level that matches the picture quality that most manufacturers are achieving.

I'd agree with that, but that HiSense sounded way worse than any Sony, Panny, or LG I've listened to recently. It reminded me of those small 1960's transistor radios. (Careful with the old fart jokes).

Not a problem if you've got a decent soundbar.

I have an LG tv but I still purchased a sound bar and surround speakers as the sound from the tv speaker isn’t great tbh.

Back