dreambox help

abp1873

Inactive User
Reaction score
High guys I'm new to all this but back in June / July I bought a dreambox hd from topboxes.biz with a years subs, worked for a while then it went belly up I contacted the guy ( Bob Bobalot ) who consistently said be patient etc etc but I'm now in October with a £390 box only fit for free view and now no answer from bob @ topboxes. The reason I went with him was I was getting everything pre loaded and no installing anything as I am not confident to do this. Does anyone know anyone in Glasgow who would come to my home and install a c-line as I could read everything on the internet until I am blue in the face but I still don't think I would be capable of doing it and I don't I will be hearing from bob @ topboxes.biz.
If this post is inappropriate I apologise in advance.

Unfortunately this is what you get when you buy pre-configured boxes from traders. They are only interested in making cash out of you.

I would suggest taking some time out and reading properly agai from the start it's not that difficult. It's not a good idea to go looking for another "trader" your most likely going to end up in the same situation. It's agains forum rules to ask for C-Lines.

The reciever you have probbaly has all defualt passwords changed and settings locked out, so a clean start with a fresh new image is the starting point.
Theres been a few posts recently about topboxes so your not the only one who's been stung..

I have moved your thread to the correct section.Also good starting point for new members is the new members introductions thread,

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to the forum.

The best thing is to learn how to things yourself. In thgis hobby, you will need to transfer files and flash images on a few occasions. Some settings can be uploaded to your receiver through the remote. The Receiver you have has a password to stop you from changing anything on it. You will need to flash another image onto the receiver to allow you to make changes. You won't blow it up, so you need to take the plunge and start trying.

1. What box do you have.This info is needed for others to recommend an image to you and also how to load it onto the receiver.

2. You can't ask for c-lines, so be careful how you phrase things. The c-line is located in a file called cccam.cfg. You can ask how to transfer this, without breaking any rules.

So it's a OEM DM800HD Clone. Put in the well known auction site if you really cant be bothered to learn how to get t working. There is a trades section here but you dont meet the criteria to advertise there being a new user. You also dont have enough posts for PM's to conduct your own private trades.

M8 even if you do sell it you wont get near what you paid, I doubt you will even get half the amount. I know it looks daunting at first but if you stick with it you will get the hang of it. Just ask the first question here and see what happens the members here are truly wonderfull and will help you. There is no such thing as a silly question as everyday all off us learn something. Just try it m8 you wont regret it. :Wave:

PS a few people who got stung by bobalot have got help here and are back up and running.

before i seen cuebase reply i was looking at bally12345 how to guide and i think i did a flash upgrade using gemini2-390-dm800-200811291724 file which i got from chatterbox toolbar ! 1 / is this ok as the 192.168.0.8 now shows a different page 2 / if ok will i keep following ballys instructions

sounds like your on the right track m8 :Drums:

You need an FTP client on your PC, Filezilla is a good free FTP client. Then FTP from Filezilla to your dreambox IP address. Once connected look in /var/etc if CCCAM is installed copy and paste your line into cccam.cfg and save.
If CCCAM is not installed then instal it from your images plugins menu. Problem with Gemini images is that they removed all softcams from thheir download server...

Is Ballys guide for a clone Dreambox ?
just remember NOT to reboot after flashing image,

flash the image then the SSL84a then reboot ;) sorry if you already know but this is a common mistake people make and worth reminding :)

Good job you bought up the SSL bit. It wont be SSL84/a this is only released for SIM2.1 SE models at the minute

The Newdvb 800 is a Dreambox800 HD (non SE) clone without the dreambox branding.
I think they are SIM2.01 based but it can vary depending on the seller. Check your SIM version first and use the correct bootloader theres 4 possible SIMS on a DM800HD (non SE) clone. SIM1 (old and probably not likely unless box is 2 years old), SIM2, SIM2.1, Ferarri SIM, E-star SIM. There is also SIM2.1 but you wont have this unless your have a DM800HD PRO less than 2 months old.
use the relevant SSL loader and version for your SIM card.

Thanks for clearing that up mate as I would feel bad if he had flashed something wrong on my say so lol

Thanks to you all for trying to help but i've just gave up. I posted add on gumtree for anybody from glasgow to come to my house to set it up for a reasonable fee. Thanks again to all who tried to help its much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back