dreambox help

I'm still unsuccessfully trying to get the DB to record and then see the results on the media player, would anyone see the
advantage or disadvantagesof using the option "convert filesystem ext3 to ext4" in the harddisk menu?

Another thing is when I tried to save the recording paths I got a message

"The directory / hdd/movie/ is not writable.
Make sure you select a writable directory instead"

I thought this was the only path, am I getting it wrong here??

Last edited:
I know Ive read that you have initialise the disk, I did this too but it still didnt work so I removed the HDD and formatted to Fat via the pc/laptop

put back in box and set up again and its been fine since :) might be worth a try mate :)

you could try initiliasing the hard disk from the system menus just incase theres a formatting issue. It will delete anything you have on the drive though.
As long as recording paths are correct it should work fine.

lol..Rat beat me to it. as per Rat PC format may be required. I personally have never had to do this, but it seems a couple of people have.

you could try initiliasing the hard disk from the system menus just incase theres a formatting issue. It will delete anything you have on the drive though.
As long as recording paths are correct it should work fine.

lol..Rat beat me to it. as per Rat PC format may be required. I personally have never had to do this, but it seems a couple of people have.

I ve initialised the disk three times over the last day or so..might try the "convert filesystem ext3 to ext4" option as it's the only option I haven't tried!. Then i ll try the removing the hd and reformatting it to MS-Dos (FAT)?

Last edited:
Tried converting from ext3 to ext4 ...message says system does not support ext4..lol

I have discovered that I can record onto the hard disk, I can watch the movie on the mac via iDreamX even watch it on my iPhone but can not watch it on my DB .
On the DB I can select it in the hdd/films/ folder(I created a new folder just in case something was wrong with the hdd/movies/ folder) but then it changes to a blank
screen, the fast forward/rewind buttons show double speed etc but there is no sound or picture, it's as if the media player is not compatible

Sometimes I get this message:
"No Data On Transponder
Timeout reading PAT"

Is there a plugin I need to download to view the movies?

Hi

Does anyone have any thoughts on this problem I have my DB hard drive..I can watch the movies by streaming to my mac and iPhone but not on the actual DreamBox. This show that the hd is recording but it just isn't playing. I thought it may be the player...

cheers

Hi

Does anyone have any thoughts on this problem I have my DB hard drive..I can watch the movies by streaming to my mac and iPhone but not on the actual DreamBox. This show that the hd is recording but it just isn't playing. I thought it may be the player...

cheers

Which reciever DM800HD ? Which image and which version of the image are you running ?

Yes I m using DM800HD . Yes the image is the latest one with boot loader - DreamboxUK_v1.1_DM800_SIM201_SSL82

Rat suggested me removing the hard drive and reformatting it, but the fact that I can watch movies on my mac and iPhone makes me think there is a problem with the media player, but then I aren't an expert!

I get this sometimes.."No Data On Transponder Timeout reading PAT"

Yes I m using DM800HD . Yes the image is the latest one with boot loader - DreamboxUK_v1.1_DM800_SIM201_SSL82

Rat suggested me removing the hard drive and reformatting it, but the fact that I can watch movies on my mac and iPhone makes me think there is a problem with the media player, but then I aren't an expert!

I get this sometimes.."No Data On Transponder Timeout reading PAT"

Is it definitely DBUK 1.1 and not 1.0 ? Because the media player was broken on 1.0, it had this exact issue could not play back recorded media.
You could try 2 things, install TSPanel there is a MFaraj Media Player fix plugin which you can flash from TSPanel that might fix the issue. Or re-download DBUK v1.1 and reflash just incase you have a bad version.

Is it definitely DBUK 1.1 and not 1.0 ? Because the media player was broken on 1.0, it had this exact issue could not play back recorded media.
You could try 2 things, install TSPanel there is a MFaraj Media Player fix plugin which you can flash from TSPanel that might fix the issue. Or re-download DBUK v1.1 and reflash just incase you have a bad version.

I finally sorted the hard drive problem earlier on...I ve flashed the box about 15 times and got the drive working correctly....I found out it was something to do with updating the DB software immediately after the Flashing. I can record and watch the result on the DB now...

But, now, for some other reason I can not update any of the software through Software update or install any plugins (message says no plugins found)unless I use Telnet on IdreamX. Found that out when just installing Rat's bouquet ..
At least it is working and I can not be bothered to ref lash just so I can update software..perhaps it might correct itself..fingers crossed!

Thanks for all your help...didn't think I could have done on my own

Cheers

Back