english

Inactive User
Reaction score
can anyone here post either a link or the B&Q part numbers for

bolts

nylon washers

steel washers.

cheap arctic silver 5 paste?

i think we can help other members along with the proper information and parts :)

i have had an 360 running today for over NINE hours now with the original of COD5 and GOW2 that Was RROD :)

the very best tip for keeping an ongoing fix is to 'heatgun' the chips that the x-clamp fix attatches to for five minutes (ON TOP). i used maplins 20 quid butane 'heat blower' dongle iron and now TWO 360's that constantly went to RROD after fixing with ebay xclamp kits and arctic silver paste are fine and dandy ..

this is for secondary error code 0102 (to find ur error code when u get three red lights hold sync then press eject four times: 4 lights = 0. 1 light =1. 2 lights = 2. 3 lights = ... 3?

also, talismoon whisper fans with TURBO button AND two extra heatsinks 15 quid delivered .. ten-fifteen minutes on turbo and ur 360 is blowing COLD air even on GOW2 :) lol .. might help to reflow? ie. let it get red hot then stick the turbo blowers on twenty minutes? if needs be?

any other tips for the RRODers out there guys?

ebay kits are only £4, or £5 with the torx srewdriver

i went to b&q cos i couldnt wait....and cost me a small fortune

the ebay kits where actually cheaper even with postage...but if your doing a few just goto a hardware/fastner shop and get them bulk

if your doing a few just goto a hardware/fastner shop and get them bulk

its exact part numbers and exactly where to go for them i'm having trouble with.

this is what i have gathered:

flat washer, stainless steel M5 -3/16" code AVF-852336

machine screws, 5x10mm (5mm) code AVF-069918

are these from b&q and i just walk in and ask for them? which department?

also still stuck on a source for the proper nylon washers, but i heard that the metal washers i just mentioned are fine on their own?

and is normal thermal paste good enough to do the job properly does anyone know?

:xmas:

its exact part numbers and exactly where to go for them i'm having trouble with.

this is what i have gathered:

flat washer, stainless steel M5 -3/16" code AVF-852336

machine screws, 5x10mm (5mm) code AVF-069918

are these from b&q and i just walk in and ask for them? which department?

also still stuck on a source for the proper nylon washers, but i heard that the metal washers i just mentioned are fine on their own?

and is normal thermal paste good enough to do the job properly does anyone know?

machine screws pan head slotted
zinc plated
5x10mm 3/16 x 3/8
code AVF-853746

washers same as u have

i think you have a soft spot for the lady on the tills......a flea bay clamp kit has worked the dogs for me (other thread) unless of course you love going out to b and q and that...lololo

Since i knew that the stuff would come in handy I ended up buying the parts from egay. But i did NOT buy the "fix" I just went to one of the ebay hardware shops and got what i needed, could have got everything from B&Q/Homebase except nowhere supplied the nylon washers (locally). Just buy what you need from ebay......forget about the ready made fix's. Best to have "reserves" of this kind of stuff anyway.

Since i knew that the stuff would come in handy I ended up buying the parts from egay. But i did NOT buy the "fix" I just went to one of the ebay hardware shops and got what i needed, could have got everything from B&Q/Homebase except nowhere supplied the nylon washers (locally). Just buy what you need from ebay......forget about the ready made fix's. Best to have "reserves" of this kind of stuff anyway.

now were getting somewhere :)

if only you had some links .. cheers mate.

a hundred of each or something. not that i will need that many

i dont use the nylon washes
i get 10 x machine screws and 3 x packs of stainless washers 24 in total
and the arctic paste

easy fix
1 washer in the bottom of the m/board and 2 on top of the m/board

Last edited:
Whilst your at it get a talismoon fan and the XCM fan kit for the cpu. all available on fleabay.

i dont use the nylon washes
i get 10 x machine screws and 3 x pzcks of stainless washers 24 in total
and the arctic paste

easy fix
1 washer in the bottom of the m/board and 2 on top of the m/board

thanks a lot davidh i will probably go with that in the end :) i know it works for you.

i just cant help but think theres an insanely cheap way to buy these things, i can't help it lol

Re: Ten kits £20.70 delivered

80 x M5 10mm Slotted Cheese Head Machine Screw £8.00
240 x M5 Washer for Cheese Head Screw £7.20

Goods Total = £15.20

Delivery Charge = £2.80
VAT @15.0% = £2.7

Grand Total = £20.70

Stagonset Stainless Nuts and Bolts, Screws and Fasteners

i'll be ordering some of these and giving them a go i think.

That's the place I use but I get M5 8mm screws, still plenty long enough and the don't interfere with the fins on the newer CPU sinks.
2 days is the longest I waited for delivery from them.

That's the place I use but I get M5 8mm screws, still plenty long enough and the don't interfere with the fins on the newer CPU sinks.
2 days is the longest I waited for delivery from them.

ahh your a star. thanks mate

*Grand Total = £19.62 hehe

the man just messaged me and said the b&q washers are 'M5 Form A Flat Washers' on his site, and not the cheesehead washers. would we be alright at that smokin or do u get the cheesehead washers matie?

Last edited:

ahh your a star. thanks mate

*Grand Total = £19.62 hehe

the man just messaged me and said the b&q washers are 'M5 Form A Flat Washers' on his site, and not the cheesehead washers. would we be alright at that smokin or do u get the cheesehead washers matie?

80 x A2_ScrewBolt_SHBtn_M5_8
160 x A2_Washer_ForChs_M5

Goods Total = 13.60
Delivery = 2.36
VAT = 2.39
Grand Total = 18.35

Thats my latest order.
I use the cheesehead washers as they have an outside diameter of 9mm, the form A washers have outside diameter of 10mm but should still be fine.
I dont use the cheesehead screws though, I use socket head button screw.
These have a head height of 2.7mm compared to the cheese heads which are 3.25mm. :)

Back