Some fun xbox mods Ideas ? cheap

CoolHandLuke

Inactive User
Reaction score
I recently give my sons old xbox a new lease of life, re-flashed it with LT 3.0, I cleaned it up give it a xclamp some new artic silver on cpu and a couple of pennies on the back of the heat chips.

Basically I did everything possible I could, to make it last for as long as possible, as it was a old 2007 phat model.

Now he's seen some boxes on youtube with neon lights and clear cases with all sorts of gadgets, thing is Ive looked on the internet and new cases and lights and stuff are all over priced, I dont want to spend any money on a old box that could kick the bucket at anytime.

Anyone got any Ideas or photos of cheap mods the have done are can post some links to cheap mod store's.

Cheers for any Ideas...

dremel, perspex and cheap leds all off ebay.. prob cost less than a tenner for the leds and perspex... look at you tube for instructions, seems easy enough i was going to do it on my rgh as i get bored quite often but i never got round to buying the stuff to keep me amused.

also led temp gauges can be had for 4/5 quid and connected to a 5v outlet.. ive seen alsorts and its all pretty straight forward, i'll still proib do mine out of boredom just need to order some stuff.

That sounds like a good solution like and cheap, I should make the perspex unscrewable easy though for easy access to future flashing, as when things need updated out of lazyness the box just lies there for months.

Im going to have a look on youtube and round ebay cheers for some input as them clear cases are like £35 quid and the did not have the lights included.

most just dremel the case and hot glue the perspex into place then hot glue the leds in place and connect to a 12v source, same with the led temp gauge just dremel the size out of the case and drop it in then connect it to a 5v source.. youtube has loads of tuts on where the outputs are so you'll know where to connect.

you could even add more fans and again use led ones or even those fans you can program with text... theres all sorts you can do you just need to put your mind into it and have a go.

id probably buy a vinyl skin too they can be had for 7/8 quid too.

Last edited:
There is a power source just under the board at the front beside usb.I done this mod and still have it .the hardest thing was getting the solder to stick even with good flux.you really want to use a power source the Xbox is not using or you will be adding more heat etc.I got a fan off bay blue with lights around 3.00.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Back