cheap rrod parts?

Re: Ten kits £20.70 delivered

apart from opening it mate is there anythin hard about the job? any step by step guides or anything? coz if theres a way to fook it up ill end up doing it lol

got metal washers on one of mine, no issues at all ! works 100% fine an has done for a month or so, no shorting nothing !

I can only think that the washers some are using are too big.. in the sense of area...?

mmmm i understand, BUT to play it safe would it not be better to go with the nylon one's just in case you do get some shorting, I'd hate to pull a 360 apart to find that after I'd fixed it it was still RROD'ing.....so for safety sake i don't know about you but I'd play it safe.

apart from opening it mate is there anythin hard about the job? any step by step guides or anything? coz if theres a way to fook it up ill end up doing it lol

yeah there's a great guide about mate, i'll try and dig it out for you.....there dead easy to do...

cheers dibbers mate, ordered them parts and the screwdrivers, so guna gave a go soon

i can't find the pdf that has great instructions and pictures, I'm sure i was pointed to it from here....i'll look when i get home as can't remote home, pc in stand by... DOH...

actually it's here

3 posts down

Last edited by a moderator:
sweet mate, does seem easy enough like, ordered the bits so once there here ill crack on, cheers mate :)
p.s. what would you use to clean the paste off the chips? i have paste to put on so just need some chea household item to use to take the old paste off

something with a high alcohol content that evaporates quickly, i used nail varnish remover...lolool

just having a look at taking it apart, got the to and bottom end off, and the front clips undone, but the back ones wont, any ideas?

edit, sorted, ignore me lol

Last edited:
a very sharp pointy knife will get them off easier than any thing else i've tried, you have to snap it apart, well not snap it but wait till you here them click apart if you know what i mean...

They do the job nice, don't they?
I have went through about 12 sets so far but still got enough to do about 20 more boxes :D
I do have a nice collection of 7 working 360's now too due to people dumping old red lighters :)

would you be interested in selling one m8ty? im after one for my son as he always wants to go on mine lol.

mmmm i understand, BUT to play it safe would it not be better to go with the nylon one's just in case you do get some shorting, I'd hate to pull a 360 apart to find that after I'd fixed it it was still RROD'ing.....so for safety sake i don't know about you but I'd play it safe.

not really mate, if the washers are gonna short...then the x clamp that was there in the first place would short ?

an as for the other side... as long as they are the right size washers... they only cover the earth part of the board....

The nylon ones deform with heat, and flatten out.. losing tension.

the kit i got was this one, and its worked fine.. the guy even sent it special delivery for me cos kid was crying could not play lego indiana jones lol !

XBOX 360 X CLAMP FIX KIT FOR 3 RED LIGHT FAULT on eBay, also, Xbox 360, Accessories, Video Games (end time 21-Dec-08 16:18:45 GMT)

is that not what the whole thing is about though? the paste on the cpu or the gpu is crap and then they short? i thought that was the whole point of replacing the washers with nylon ones.....now I'm worried that the one i fixed I'm just about to send back won't hold it's own?

is that not what the whole thing is about though? the paste on the cpu or the gpu is crap and then they short? i thought that was the whole point of replacing the washers with nylon ones.....now I'm worried that the one i fixed I'm just about to send back won't hold it's own?

not that I know off mate, from what I have been told by a mate who is micro engineer.... is that the board warps through heat, causing the heatsink to come away from chips... an the tracks to break on the board an contacts between the chip an board.

the bolt fix pulls chip down onto the board "bodgeing" it in effect to make contact again...

i see, i see, yeah heard that the board warps, and that ^^^ makes sense...why was i told to get nylon washers then? sure some one said that it shorts out and that's what you need.....just about to send me mates RROD back as well, with nylon washers........damit

i see, i see, yeah heard that the board warps, and that ^^^ makes sense...why was i told to get nylon washers then? sure some one said that it shorts out and that's what you need.....just about to send me mates RROD back as well, with nylon washers........damit

some do short out mate, if they are the wrong size in base area...O....

the ones in the kit i linked to work fine, in fact been using it most days all day lol !

I use paint (cellose) thinners to clean the old paste off as well :)

wonder if i should open his back up and put some metal washers on it.... ( good tip with the thinners, does your house not smell, saying that probably more macho than nail varnish remover...lololol)

wonder if i should open his back up and put some metal washers on it.... ( good tip with the thinners, does your house not smell, saying that probably more macho than nail varnish remover...lololol)

does when ya use it lol, get out ya bollocks.. but its in a metal tin, so dont leak vapour... propper stuff from body shop..

lollo.....ite man...peace man.......ima crashing........unlike me mates 360 i hope...lol

Back