[Beta Testers needed] Config SwapR

demonx

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've made a little program that will telnet into your modem and change between configs at times to avoid STM. Whats good about this is you don't even need to go near your modem to do this since my program handles that.

Req :

Windows 2000/XP/Vista
Ambit 250
Telewest/NTL/ExCW

PM for details, Any questions post them here.

Last edited:
Anyone from NTL and Ex CW areas can PM me now.

I've made a little program that will telnet into your modem and change between configs at times to avoid STM. Whats good about this is you don't even need to go near your modem to do this since my program handles that.

Req :

Windows 2000/XP/Vista
Ambit 250
Telewest/NTL/ExCW

PM for details, Any questions post them here.

Good work mate, good to see someone is always looking for ways to make things easier.

Unfortunately I don't have a Ambit 250. :(

does it work thro a dual wan router mate? i've got 2 250's connected up 2 1

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

can i try this out m8 sent u a pm ;)

I'm in the middle of doing a reformat, so I will take longer to respond to the flood of new PM's i've got. :eatarrow:

Sorry guys, I will try and keep you all updated via PM but your going to have to give me a little bit of time until i've reformatted and got my source code back.

I take it you need to be connected directly to the modem and it needs to reboot?

I take it you need to be connected directly to the modem and it needs to reboot?

Nope, I've tested it with someone who was behind a router and they've told me it works fine. As long as you are able to access the http page it should work for telnet too.

And the rebooting is done by itself, So you don't need to pull the plug out all the time when you want to change your config.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the massive responce i've got for this, However don't be offended if I don't respond to some of your PMs, As I'm only looking for a small number of testers at the moment so I can get clear feedback. I have kept a note of everyone who has PMed me so far and I will be contacting most of you when I have rewrote my service app.

At the moment I am rewriting the application so it can be used as a service instead, I really have no idea how long this is going to take because I don't have much experence in coding service apps.

However I'll try and keep most of you updated.

I'll only be contacting Ex-Telewest users for the time being.

Edit : I'm testing vista compatlity at the moment, Once I've got some feedback ill send a few more PMs.

Last edited:
how about posting it here for some proper feedback m8

I'm not doing that yet, Sorry but there will be loads of posts flooding in about this and that not working and its not going to help.

Infact it would most likely slow things down alot. I'm taking things one step at a time.

Back