Am(cho)bit config tool 0.97 beta released

I went to Hideki's blog to seek support for this tool...he obviously forgot i am not a mind reader and dont read EVERY single thread on this forum...i seemed to get bombarded with sarcasm though he did answer my questions...it was a some what frosty experience to...its a shame that some people cant just get on with life but instead take things to heart....i never attacked his server....maybe this thread should be delted not as he clearly stated he is no longer supporting the tool and has not returned to DW since...at least delete the link to his blog site. I got kicked form the irc when i asked to see anyones tits....oh well.

Hihi

In answer to your 'points'

I support people who ask intelligent questions just fine, you were not one of those.

You were using unsupported modems, you were repeatedly told exactly how to get it to work with a supported modem but wanted to continue waffling from a position of ignorance, listening to nothing.

You paid nothing for the software, if you don't like the quality of your support that you're also paying nothing for, tough shit, **** off and write something better.

And in answer to your demand that the young female users show you their tits:

http://www.xkcd.com/322/

lol wtf is that link about.....men dont behave different just cos there on the internet!!! i often ask women for naked piccies at the pub lmao.............:Bounce:

Thought you didnt come here anymore Adam ?? Certainly flushed you out though, now i can speak with you without all the noise of your fan club in the background.....

Lets be fair...the front part of this thread lists places to obtain support, i read your FAQ all the way through, here and on your blog, Im a 36 year old man not a stupid little school boy who cant be arsed to do any research, i wasnt getting the results i was expecting and so it is in my nature to play...i tried 'unsupported' modems as you put it and got some rather peculiar results which i wanted to ask about and share with you, however, you seem to be a bit disgruntled with DW or some people that attacked your server ow whatever, that was not me, if you care to take the time to look you will see that i have thanked you numerous times for your work and effort to the scene and its a shame to lose you to such childish behaviour, i advocate the work you have done so to come to your channel and get mugged off by you and your fan club is somewhat disheartening when all i wanted to do is share my findings with you on the 'unsupported' modems.

You were using unsupported modems, you were repeatedly told exactly how to get it to work with a supported modem but wanted to continue waffling from a position of ignorance, listening to nothing.

as i said, You obviously could not hear me against the background of your fan club who were more ingrossed with telling you about clothes shopping they had done, fair do, i knew how to to get it going with a supported modem...waffle from a posistion of ignorance ? i think not, perhaps you should try listening more carefully rather than looking down your nose at people becasue you can write software ? how wise must you be becasue you can code.

Still, i dont feel need to swear at you, even if i did not pay anything for your software (i wouldnt anyway as i dont pay my way in life) i didnt come into your channel to ask about the algorithyms of your software if thats is what you mean by intelligent questions, i came to share my findings but you are obviously higher and mightier than that.

The link is very funny, yes i do have a good sense of humour, i take it i am the guy on the chair and you are the harold llyod type one with the hat and smile ? who is the bird behind, is she on the irc ?.....i have to be honest and also share madmancs attitude, i often ask girls in pubs/clubs if they would like to partake in sureveys, you should try it, you would be quite suprised how many nice pics you can get on your phone on a night out.

Anyway...enough from me...sorry i couldnt ask inteligent enough questions...ill join the rest of the noobs here and see if we can come up with something.

Last edited:
I visit his IRC channel from time to time and I know that hideki only removes users from his channel for good reason. (Most of the time)

However I was not on the channel when this happened but it sounds like hideki may have got the wrong end of the stick and banned you due to him thinking it was you who had been attacking his server?

Sounds to me you were not there to cause trouble so I don't understand why you got banned? Could you maybe PM me the details about what actually went on? I would like to hear hidekis side of the story too. But hes not chatting on IRC atm.

I dont know if i am banned to be honest as i probably wont ever go back to find out...just right at the end of the conversation which was very fast flowing i said 'any chance of some naked pictures of any girls on here' and i was kicked out, as i expected i would be...its not this i am phased about, i just found his attitude to me was somewhat off, maybe bacasue i said i was from DW and wanted to ask about the tool...i just got a bad vibe as his remark to someone else on there upon anouncing myself and stating i was asking about the ambit tool was 'well that figures'..and it pretty much went on like that....he kept stating i wasnt listening even before i had said much and just kept stating what i should be doing...he wasnt really listening himself....its his stage and if he doesnt want to listen theres sweet fa i can do...maybe he would like to show you the log and see what you think....im not going to go on about it, if thats his attitude so be it, someone esle will be along soon and do what he done. I bare no grudge.

Yeah, As I say I don't really want to make judgement without seeing any chat logs but to me it looks like theres been some misunderstanding on both parts.

Man, its over as far as i am concerned.....would still like to investigate my finding though with others that have used the scanner on this software ??

When i done it with the supported modem i had no joy of getting any macs...everything was doing what it should, Adam pointed out that i need a mac from a 250 modem, i pointed out that none of the sniffer programs tell you what modems the macs are running on...so maybe this is the problem i am encountering, he then said that i should visit a friend or neighbour with 250 modem and i pointed out to him that a 250 modem would have issued in a NTL area and i am formerly telewest so thats not possible as they issued scientific atlanta modems...i did explain that i had done a fresh scan from my own ubr and just picked a 20mb mac from it and left it overnight set to 256 macs and it did not find one working mac....it was the next day when i though i would try it with an sb5101e as it has the essentially the same firmware as a 250...the results i got were interesting....it looked like it was picking up macs and coming back as testing good...even when i pressed mac swapper it seemed to change the mac as far as the ambit tool was concerened but upon closer investigation of the actual modems internal webpage i found that the mac had not actually changed form the original one set...so why was the unsupported modem looking like it was finding working macs and non working macs yet the supported modem yielded nothing...? what i dont next was to go into the ambit tool root folder and open up the good mac text file, i copied a few of the macs and pasted them into the modems to test them...none of them worked, they just left me with a flashing online light....i was confused with what i had been experiencing and wanted to know more...who better to ask than the author ?

if you connect up the tool and purposely choose a firmware that is not on the modem....such as you did with the 5101e....and click to check mac address you will find that it cannot find the correct mac address. just a random hex it finds at the location specified.

the macs are stored in different locations in different firmwares....look at the output in the window when you check mac address when choosing different firmware options. you will see its says things like

read_memory -s 4 0x8074cd10

but in another firmware the read address is different. try it out and see what happens when you click get mac....change firmware setting and click again...different mac.

look in the ambit config folder....open up the firm.ini files in notepad and take a look. different commands for different firmwares. so in fact we could make up our own ini files to do want we wanted.

look in the ambit config folder....open up the firm.ini files in notepad and take a look. different commands for different firmwares. so in fact we could make up our own ini files to do want we wanted.

What a great idea

I found this in a tutorial for the sb5101e, hope they help with ini file writing, if u feel up to the challenge.

Change MAC address to 00:11:22:33:44:55
cd /
write_memory 2155776876 0x00
write_memory 2155776877 0x11
write_memory 2155776878 0x22
write_memory 2155776879 0x33
write_memory 2155776880 0x44
write_memory 2155776881 0x55
cd /non-vol
write

UPDATE.
Thinking outside the box, I asked hideki,who said

"you're not supposed to change the addresses like that
however, you can write using other commands, there is a command to set
directly the mac address without having to use the addresses in memory
to write them, such commands will be used by 0.98 but 0.97 still does
it another way . . ."

Shame, but still a good idea.

Last edited:
Wow.. What a blast fr the past. Talk about dig up an old thread....its like looking at an old photo album.

Back