distribution and if you use it it will brick your modem, you
should download the 0.971 from the above link which does
contain the required files. Apologies for that one -.-

New in this version:

* Mac scanner - Find usable MACs without swapping
* Mac swapper - Change your MAC to another when capped
* Manual area config - Manual frequency etc. entry if no area fits

Update - 0.971beta - Mac scanner TCP connection error fix
This fix will avoid the mac scanner crashing part way through with TCP connection error or runtime error or similar, this is just a replacement .exe, you still need to download the package from the download above.

Please just download the replacement archive from the download link for this...

tool-097-1t.jpg
tool-097-2t.jpg

Plus the usual selection of bugfixes (including a fix which should avoid the BPI setting not being written issue
that was mentioned and the list of configs has been tidied up a bit and corrected)

Support: http://www.adamcolley.co.uk - See chat/support link at top

Email (if above doesn't work or to report genuine bugs): hideki DOT adam AT gmail DOT com

*NEW* FAQ available at http://www.adamcolley.co.uk/?page_id=28

Additional notes:

In Vista you must run the program as administrator.

The MAC swapper will not work until you've scanned some to swap (they are stored in goodmacs.txt)

People emailing/IMing me with questions answered in the readme.txt will be hunted down and shot.

See the readme.txt file and the FAQ for further information

Ah, also, the test list button in the mac scanner is to retest your list of good macs, probably worth doing it
every so often to weed out the ones that have gone bad, also if that retest is aborted for any reason it'll just put your goodmacs list back how it was, it has to complete to update it with the dead ones removed, should the tool fail part way through retesting you will find most of your macs are missing, however, they will be lurking in a goodmacs.old file, that said it won't hurt to backup up the mac list every so often...

Have fun ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Read that readme!

Really nice work, Thanks again hideki. :)

Like the sound

Just downloaded this one as I like the sound of what it can do.

I'll give it a go on my next modem and hopefully remember and give some feedback on how it goes.

Rob.

thanks m8 ...once again you hav provided a usefull tool ...keep up the good work
i think you should be the green team ...elite member

Hihi

I just replied to your email about this, not sure why you posted it here too... one place only please!

In any case, the error is due to too many invalid telnet attempts, reboot your modem

a lot of the visual elements are missing from that display for some reason, can you give details of what you're running it on because I've never seen that problem before....

Hihi

Can you provide a bit more detail as to the events surrounding the error?

Like what you were doing at the time, lol

Please let me know also your firmware, modem etc. and what area you are in

(incidentally I just got over 50% good macs on a scan of 128, it seems to vary quite a bit, I've had lowest around 20%, highest this one at about 53%, does seem the allocation is a bit patchy, probably worth doing 256 (128) at the same time if you're doing a scan to make sure you hit a patch, lol)

Hihi
Can you provide a bit more detail as to the events surrounding the error?
Like what you were doing at the time, lol
Please let me know also your firmware, modem etc. and what area you are in
(incidentally I just got over 50% good macs on a scan of 128, it seems to vary quite a bit, I've had lowest around 20%, highest this one at about 53%, does seem the allocation is a bit patchy, probably worth doing 256 (128) at the same time if you're doing a scan to make sure you hit a patch, lol)

im ex tw and 255 infinite modem, i sniffed a mac from my area and done about 10 bad then cut off,

Hihi

I'd just try it again, I've had that happen once so I can't say exactly why it happens yet but it's only been one time in 400odd macs scanned... if you have no luck then try a different mac, I'd suggest one from a nearby 250, if you have a mac from a subbed 255 then be sure to tell it to scan all macs rather than just even numbered ones

Hihi
Well, I didn't anticipate people sniffing them but I suppose from the config it downloads or the MAC prefix
Your best bet is to get a MAC from someone in the local area who signed up in the last few months and use that as a starting point

hideki i tried turning off firewall and still get tcp connection error, i tested the mac scan button and said connection established. cant understand it

For TCP error reboot modem, and/or repair your connection: reset network adapter.
That works for me :)

Back