Aliens have landed

Alien, the new TM favourite for the usual suspects I see.

So E2 doesn't work properly and thats ok, TM Twin has issues and theres hell to pay.
Makes you laugh.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

You started it, as usual. Comments that have nothing to do with the thread or product but directed deliberately at a group of people that decide to do something that doesn't include you. I'm pretty sure that's in the rules somewhere

• Any member found making racist/religious and/or defamatory comments, inciting anger amongst members; thereby causing distress to them, or their families, WILL be banned.
  • Personal attacks will not be tolerated and members will either be banned or warned depending on the admin decision.
  • Thread Spoiling under no curcumstances trolling or winding-up campaigns, or anything that spoils the atmosphere or tone of the forum will result in an infration and a potential ban

As posted above, I'm just reacting to you and am happy to take whatever infraction admins decide to, not lay down and play innocent.

As usual, you have completely missed the point or deliberately (more like) chose to. Twin owner (or TM800 if you like) are not pissed off at the fact E2 doesn't work fully, they're pissed because they've been led on again and had no proper alternative to use while TM rob them of £300+ and sit there counting the money while feeding bullshit. How is that the same as an Alien and therefore, how is that being hypocritical? Something I've now posted several times but you've neglected to reinforce..... but I guess a response would be beneath you of course because you don't want to get caught up in it when the shoe is on the other foot.

Snidely in and out comment troll is all you are mate and everyone knows it :)

Apologies to anyone interested in actually reading the thread OT!

:err: looks like a TM thread lol

I dont know a lot about this box but from what Ive read its cheap and does what its advertised to do ? unlike some boxes I could name

its not nice reading all the insults between members who have much knowledge in a subject they are both interested in :(

Mate, Unlike you I am 6'5 20 stone

How do you know how much I weigh or how tall I am. I thought you didn't take an interest or know anything about me.

NURSE QUICK. He's got it even worse than we all thought.

Different story aint it when someone bites back.

Guys whats going on here? Both chill for a moment, iv ordered this box because I want to test sparks, e2 side is just extra bonus. Im pretty sure this isnt meant to be a e2 box considering the sparks side is pretty much complete. The way I see it the e2 side is for the sat hobbiest I aint going to get into any arguement about well it should work on both sides.

The fact is, its new, theres no real firmware yet for e2 side (that might change it might not) you can get triple tuner for that works with cams without e2 in hd, pvr, proper web browser, youtube etc from £160 to £180

Remember not everyone wants a e2 box those openboxs have been selling well and they are shite imo lol

So E2 doesn't work properly and thats ok, TM Twin has issues and theres hell to pay.
Makes you laugh.

I happen to agree with manic on this one actually,
the box is advertised as dual boot OS,so if one of those OS is not working then it should be ok for customers to complain regardless of price.

Makes you laugh. Difference being it's half the price, sold as dual booting OS but powered by Spark which does everything as advertised. They don't officially support E2 and don't have in-house teams building for it whilst serving anyone a spoonful of BS... you know what you're getting up front. But lets be honest, you'll take the piss in one post then take it back in the next blah blah blah regardless anyway as you usually do, all whilst not buying one. Sad little man aren't you :)

Having read back I dont see anywhere he was taking the piss,maybe being bluntly honest,in fact he said on at least two occasions he thought it was a good box and heard good things about it,

Now everybody chill and stop with the insults before its gets any worse

I havent looked at the adverts too much but even though its been advertised as dual boot isnt the main selling point spark portal and the fact its triple tuner? Those who want to use the e2 side will have to either convince a team to write code or learn themself and build some images. I dont know how old or new this brand is but I cant wait to get mine purely for the spark side of it.

I havent looked at the adverts too much but even though its been advertised as dual boot isnt the main selling point spark portal and the fact its triple tuner? Those who want to use the e2 side will have to either convince a team to write code or learn themself and build some images. I dont know how old or new this brand is but I cant wait to get mine purely for the spark side of it.

Also quite right m8 but they shouldnt in reality even mention the E2 side if they are not in a position to code for it or support it,
but we could all be wrong and they might churn out regular patches or updates and it could end up being a really great box :)

Tbh,and no disrespect to PAULB,I cant wait for one of our more knowledgeable and experienced members to give us their view on this box

mgcamd DOES work on this receiver, on both spark and E2 modes, you need to manually edit the box type in the mg_cfg file, the EXACT same fix that first stopped mgcamd from running on the Vu+ duo (and when that was fixed, the duo would then run its own little ddos attack on itself, which also got fixed)

the tm-twin is also sold as dual OS, those who own one, turn it off, turn it back on and repeatedly press the EXIT button on the top, no longer in E2 mode

quite a few things need recompiling to work with the alien in E2 mode, as its SH4 architecture, not mipsel, which most plugins are coded for, but the plugins on the spark side of things, wow, totally on a par with my samsung smart tv, the portal is brilliant, and i talk with the main coders based in hungary via skype as this type of closed source plugin could possibly see things like BBc iPlayer running on it, afterall, it runs on other closed source receivers like humax, goodmans, grundig, bush and many more

i paid well over the odds for mine, i paid nearly £180 trade price for a twin tuner, and can now sort out triple tuner ones for £169, ahh well, such is life lol, but IF plugin developers, and maybe even E2 developers get onto a box like this, it could really shake things up a bit, and thats always better for the end user :)

Hi Digi i dont suppose you have a copy of the mg_cfg file that works with mgcamd on the E2 side of box ?

Cheers
Mick

Last edited:
I for one cant wait to get mine and see what this box can do!

mgcamd DOES work on this receiver, on both spark and E2 modes, you need to manually edit the box type in the mg_cfg file, the EXACT same fix that first stopped mgcamd from running on the Vu+ duo (and when that was fixed, the duo would then run its own little ddos attack on itself, which also got fixed)

the tm-twin is also sold as dual OS, those who own one, turn it off, turn it back on and repeatedly press the EXIT button on the top, no longer in E2 mode

quite a few things need recompiling to work with the alien in E2 mode, as its SH4 architecture, not mipsel, which most plugins are coded for, but the plugins on the spark side of things, wow, totally on a par with my samsung smart tv, the portal is brilliant, and i talk with the main coders based in hungary via skype as this type of closed source plugin could possibly see things like BBc iPlayer running on it, afterall, it runs on other closed source receivers like humax, goodmans, grundig, bush and many more

i paid well over the odds for mine, i paid nearly £180 trade price for a twin tuner, and can now sort out triple tuner ones for £169, ahh well, such is life lol, but IF plugin developers, and maybe even E2 developers get onto a box like this, it could really shake things up a bit, and thats always better for the end user :)

Dont supose anyone knows how to get this damm thing outta boot screen i hit the boot e2 on the spark menu not it will only goto boot thahts it. doing my nut in:Dunce: yes i know it says dont do it lol

Turn it off

Turn it back on while holding the OK button on the front

When the display says FORC let go of the OK button and press the CH+ (UP) button and the display will say SPARK

Press OK again and it'll reboot each time into Spark, and you're done.

If you need to change it back to Enigma, do the same steps again but press CH- (Down) button instead and it'll display Enigma... press OK and it'll reboot

thanks vector for the reply but ive already tried that ive tried that and also ive tried all the other buttons junst in case . iave only had this for one day and ive broken it. any one have a solution to my proble the above works on the alien1 stb but dosent seem to work on my alien 2

Hi m8 u did do the E2 boot upgrade 1st ? if yes and its still stuck on boot either flash another E2 image or use the Rescue image

Mick

Last edited:
Back