Aliens have landed

so are these worth the cash or would the cash be better spent on some other twin tuner box ?
i do have a vu but there nearlly double the price

Iv just ordered mine :) lets see how this bad boy runs... As someone who has not been majorly involved the sat scene iv built up quite the collection of boxes lol

Hopefully it progresses well on the enigma 2 front, there's potential here to cause a shake up in the clone wars...an alien 2 is cheaper than a vu duo clone, the auction site selelrs are knocking them out for 145 Notes, the VU CLONE retails at around 165 notes from China sellers. Amiko are apparently based in Hungary , with components coming from fulan in China. The price and feature set is right. If they can pull off decent software support .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
got mine ordered so where is the software
got the triple tuner one for £150

I had an alien (well a golden media) Sparks is terrible and ends up functioning like any standard box and if you dual boot with Enigma II you'll find the pluggins available for Dreambox, vu etc just don't function the same way. Don't be fooled by the Enigma II title it's nowhere near as good as a dreambox.

I had an alien (well a golden media) Sparks is terrible and ends up functioning like any standard box and if you dual boot with Enigma II you'll find the pluggins available for Dreambox, vu etc just don't function the same way. Don't be fooled by the Enigma II title it's nowhere near as good as a dreambox.

I thought as much, ties in with what I read elsewhere about Enigma 2 being in Alpha stage on these recivers and sparc not as flexible or functional as Enigma2. So these are another work in progress or potentially good reciever..depending on software support. I havent seen any decent teams on the Enigma 2 scene producing anything for this reciever either..as it's an STI chipset not broadcom theres probably driver issues to iron out and hardware comaptibility stuff to sort out to make it E2 functional...

Could be a success, could equally be a flop...I guess time will tell...

got mine ordered so where is the software
got the triple tuner one for £150

Where did you get a triple tuner for £150 from?! Also for those who are buying these and saying its not worth it get a dreambox, why? Iv bought this to test spark side not bothered about the e2 side of it because its not going to be a box used by me, its for my uncle who has never even used anything but a virgin media. So for him at £180 inc P+P this is would be perfect... Once I get it I will fully review it and see what I think of both sides, just dont see the point of comparing it to a dreambox.

got it from the bay seller had them at £159 or best offer with free delivery
offered £150 and was exepted, paid for yesterday at 2.30 ish got the box this morning and in the process of setting it up
will let you's know how it goes

Where did you get a triple tuner for £150 from?! Also for those who are buying these and saying its not worth it get a dreambox, why? Iv bought this to test spark side not bothered about the e2 side of it because its not going to be a box used by me, its for my uncle who has never even used anything but a virgin media. So for him at £180 inc P+P this is would be perfect... Once I get it I will fully review it and see what I think of both sides, just dont see the point of comparing it to a dreambox.

Because a few places mention the dual boot Linux capibilities and Enigma 2 development is ongoing on this receiver. So it's logical that any open source linux reciever will always be compared to a Dreambox or VU reciever as they are the benchmark in this arena. If you can equal or better the functionality and support of these two then you have a reciever worth buying... At the price it would offer a viable alternative to DM800 and VU DUO clones but not if the Engima 2 functionality and support is rubbish.

Different matter if your only intrested in the Sparc side of things.

got it from the bay seller had them at £159 or best offer with free delivery
offered £150 and was exepted, paid for yesterday at 2.30 ish got the box this morning and in the process of setting it up
will let you's know how it goes

Can you PM a link pls

pm sent mate but seller if out of stock of them, he does have the twins listed at 149 but offer a tenner less if you want twin :p

ok box looks good for the short play i have had , scanned fast plays avi's and so on for usb fine
i have tried to install cam files but cant seen to get the box to see the plugin's either from the usb or from the temp directory
anyone know how to install plugins on this box as for the duel boot i havent looked into that yet but the spark software will do the average joe that
wants a simple box.

Last edited:
Here you m8 just ftp them in

sorry m8 u can use a usb pen to send them to box

ps if any1 is looking a cheap twin tuner 1 ive 1 going into the buy and sell section
soon for £100 plus £10 p+p

Attachments

• All_emu_plugin_Alien_16.07.2012.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I will take that off your hands buddy just send me a pm how to pay.

Ok so here's what we've got for our £150.

Amiko Alien 2 (Twin HD Tuner) or Triple Tuner for same price if your lucky.

Dual OS Boot (Spark or Enigma2)

450MHz Processor

Unlimited Channel Memory

2 USB Ports (One Front and One Rear)

PVR Ready either USB Pen Drive or External Drive (.ts format)

Streaming for Watching or Recording TV to PC

2 Conax Card Readers

Plugins: Oscam, CCCam, NewCamd, MgCam, etc. (Usable On Preinstalled Spark Firmware)

Enigma2 Compatible (When Stable Firmware Appears)

What else do you want for your £150.

It does what it says on the box, and more besides.

Back