Aliens have landed

nope just hit the e2 boot tab in the spark main menu and no it wont even read a usb tried rescue image but it wont see the usb done the button at fornt etc.

What is happening when you hold down the OK button when powering it on? What is the front display saying?

when i hold down the ok button and power it on it goes ini.(you nearly wouldnt notice its so quick ) then boot and stays on boot i think it basicly just dose the same thing as if you where not pressing the ok button.

And you're definitely holding the OK button down - not just pressing it once or tapping it?

If you can't get FORC showing on the front display then I don't think you can even use TFTP or RS232 to redo Uboot

If nobody comes up with an answer on here then try sparkfans.net

And you're definitely holding the OK button down - not just pressing it once or tapping it?

If you can't get FORC showing on the front display then I don't think you can even use TFTP or RS232 to redo Uboot

If nobody comes up with an answer on here then try sparkfans.net

expect a bit of a wait on there though, EVERY post has to be moderated before its visable, i posted on there, and it appeared 9 days later lol

u gotta fook a box up real good if u cant get in with RS232 :)
do u have null cable if so hook it up and start hyper terminal or minicom if using linux. if u get some display you should be good :)

cheers
osborne82

yup tried tftp and nothing i think the box is toast to think all i did is hit the boot e2 tab in the spark menu and i also pressed and held every and each button on it just in case and in different combos =(

if the box says 'boot' you can recover it m8. ive purposely flashed an incorrect image, for both E2 and spark side of things onto it, and recovered it, there is a 'recovery image' that will sort this out for you, but, you may need a null modem lead (EVERYone with a programmable satellite receiver should have one of these and a means to use it)

yes i really should have one of these cables =) but for all i did, it didnt take much to kill it lol Thanks to everyone that has tried to help. Hopefully ill get something sorted.

Do you not still have to get to FORC even if using hyperterminal?

this is the problem iam also not sure on ive ordered a rs232 cable to find out but i think what ever i do ill have to get the buttons to work .... i could just have faulty buttons as i didnt test them and only had the box on for a couple of hrs before it died lol.. the people i bought it from are going to mirror what i did to see what they can do. hopefully they actualy do and if i sorted it ill put it up here.

Hi mate just to clarify the problem your having with your Amiko Alien, I too had this problem with the receiver, I returned it for an exchange, I didn't even get as far as to install an E2 image. I did get a new receiver and have had no problems to date. CS is running fine with the Spark image so no need to even bother with the E2 as yet.

I have installed the HUDU E2 image and it works fine but to be honest the Spark image is perfectly fine for what I want.

Hope this helps.

I have returned my box to the seller simplesats aka jeremy hyde on ebay ( the buttons just would not work), this dude is giving me a hard time about it saying it must be my fault even after the nut mirrored what i did, himself ( and his buttons worked ). Unfortunatley the delivery service i used has still to deliver it to my seller. Hopefully he sees it is a faulty box, and returns my money or a replacement stb. was looking forward to this box but atm iam anoyed with the alien and mental ebay seller lol.:yawn2:

Hi guys been a lurker for a while now but just bought one of these recievers and awaiting delivery. Before i purchased i done a lot of reading on the pros and cons and the errors which occur and i have noticed on one of the forums that anyone that has the boot issue and keys not working should make sure all the plastic protective covering is removed from the front as this can cause issues with the buttons. I hope this can help anyone in the future with this problem

Well as they say "it's quality not quantity that helps" lol :p and i hope this is usefull to someone

a box is only as good as the support it will have, ie fw updates, images etc...there are so many boxes out there, i was gonna get a skybox f3 for the bedroom, but decide to stick with the quality ones, ie vu+du and a vu+solo which i have bought from memebr on here....waiting for it to be delivered....then again , isuppose its what you can afford really....but vu have great support and churning out images like they were hotcakes...lol

Hi guys been a lurker for a while now but just bought one of these recievers and awaiting delivery. Before i purchased i done a lot of reading on the pros and cons and the errors which occur and i have noticed on one of the forums that anyone that has the boot issue and keys not working should make sure all the plastic protective covering is removed from the front as this can cause issues with the buttons. I hope this can help anyone in the future with this problem

I didnt remove anything to start with but ended up peeling the plastic of the buttons like youve said, just in case the plastic had been holding some buttons down but still, it didnt do squat.:grayno:

Not sure about linking to other forums if i'm out a order mods remove but I found the sat station forum quite helpful might be worth a look over there also

Back