Aliens have landed

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
my amiko alien2, dual linux OS, hybrid triple tuner receiver and media player has just arrived, yay

but im not even going to be taking it out of the box untill sunday, as just about to go camping

ive had a quick look inside though, and first impressions are that its VERY well presented. a sort of credit card sized registration card and a VERY posh looking manual,

im sure it wont take me long to break it

this runs enigma2 and spark firmwares, and BOTH are customisable and editable by developers, ill post more next week once ive started playing with it :proud:

I tryed one of these about 3 months ago not that bad but the one I had only had one usb which is a bit rubbish. The manufacturer said it would have one on the front when in full production has yours got a usb under the front flap Digi.

yep its got front and back usb sockets, there is an E2 image for it, as well as developer packs and guides for creating firmwares and plugins for both the E2 and sparx side of it

Looks like a promising box of tricks! Get some screenies etc up once you've had fun :)

Sent from my telephone.

price ?
is the source open now or is it a case of having to wait for it ?
Been caught before with oe boxes that were not really opensourced at all.

Last edited:
250 Euro here in Ireland for the triple tuner version

Ok so before I make a huge mistake would I be better of waiting a while and see how this box is or get a VU+ Ulitmo?

Last edited:
Any mention in Ireland of access to the code ?

update
just found it Downloads | STLinux so it is at least open unlike other boxes I can think of that claim open source when they are not.

thats not the source code for amiko , stlinux is simply a development tool :)
for amiko spark is closed source and open source is any enigma2 compiled using stlinux

cheers
osborne82

Ok so before I make a huge mistake would I be better of waiting a while and see how this box is or get a VU+ Ulitmo?

Definitely wait...see what the image quality, feature set, stability, support etc is like... before getting one.. But somehow I doubt it's going to be in the same league as the Ultimo...having said that..it doesnt cost anywhere near what a Ultimo costs either..

Nice box ,it is based on the Fulan 7162 which uses the Chipset (ST 7162).
There are a few boxes similar to this around; the Sab Unix Triple HD and Golden Media Spark TRIPLEX.
If the Enigma2 support is good these would be a real contender.

I would imagine the biggest problem with this box becoming well supported will be the availability of the drivers for the chip.

Hi people. In regard to the Amiko Alien 2, I am purchasing two of these receivers shortly, I have done my homework already and YES like all receivers there will be bugs to begin with, there is already firmware out there to resolve certain issues. The receiver itself gets a glowing report from tele-satellite magazine. It's full of features and because it's dual boot you have a choice of spark or enigma 2. But let's not forget that for £150 you get a twin hd satellite receiver with PVR and special apps. Furthermore, you can have the triple tuner which includes a freeview/cable tuner for an additional £10, althought this is not the HD version.

All things considered it is looking like a great contender to the upper market. When I receive mine I will report back on quality and features. Watch this space!

Hi people. In regard to the Amiko Alien 2, I am purchasing two of these receivers shortly, I have done my homework already and YES like all receivers there will be bugs to begin with, there is already firmware out there to resolve certain issues. The receiver itself gets a glowing report from tele-satellite magazine. It's full of features and because it's dual boot you have a choice of spark or enigma 2. But let's not forget that for £150 you get a twin hd satellite receiver with PVR and special apps. Furthermore, you can have the triple tuner which includes a freeview/cable tuner for an additional £10, althought this is not the HD version.

All things considered it is looking like a great contender to the upper market. When I receive mine I will report back on quality and features. Watch this space!

I would say it looks like a reciever with potential...wouldnt classify it as a contender just yet. Consider a VU DUO Clone can be had for £160 quid...with twin tuners and proven Enigma 2 support. Theres been lots of recievers that were touted as contenders that havent lived up to the hype..
AZbox, Duolabs Qbox1, Qbox MiniHD twin tuner, TM Linux recievers..etc etc..

Personally I would say sit back and watch how it develops, when a proper E2 image surfaces and it's been confirmed that everything works at least as well as a VU DUO in terms of twin tuner PVR, etc.. Dont want to buy one and end up with burnt fingers...Liklihood is if it flops you wont be able to sell it for the price you bought it for..

Back