Aliens have landed

Not sure about linking to other forums if i'm out a order mods remove but I found the sat station forum quite helpful might be worth a look over there also

yes i have to agree that site dose have the most data regardes the alien2

what use is the hardware if the software dosent work

im sure ive heard this somewhere before, was it in a song? or on a film? i KNOW ive seen it somewhere...........lol

has this file been tried?

Spark Rescue Image & Instructions, USB or FTP

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! THIS IMAGE IS FOR 7162 ALIEN2, NOT ALIEN1.

Last ditch recovery image if you mess up Spark O/S.

Normally not needed as Spark O/S is fairly forgiving and hard to break.

has this file been tried?

I did try a rescue image but only after it would not boot, however it didnt do anything at all it wouldnt see my usb etc didnt light up. I have also had read it is hard to break but it broke with me in little over 2hrs lol:Ha: it did all work till i hit the load e2 tab that was the end of it which it shouldnt have been.

have you still got the receiver m8? try the rescue image on a freshly formatted usb stick in the rear usb port, for over a week i was sure my alien2 was fooked, it wouldnt respond to usb, to nothing, then i tried it in the rear socket, and it was fixed a few minutes later :)

I have removed all the relevant posts regarding the dispute with this receiver/customer/seller

We are not nor ever have been a resolution centre

have you still got the receiver m8? try the rescue image on a freshly formatted usb stick in the rear usb port, for over a week i was sure my alien2 was fooked, it wouldnt respond to usb, to nothing, then i tried it in the rear socket, and it was fixed a few minutes later :)

Nope box is away but i did try the rear and it didnt work thanks though.

Just wondering i had something typed up about e-cigs on one of my post on here its gone now but i never typed it up cause i dont smoke it looked like i typed it in but i didnt. Whats the crack with that lol.

Just wondering i had something typed up about e-cigs on one of my post on here its gone now but i never typed it up cause i dont smoke it looked like i typed it in but i didnt. Whats the crack with that lol.

Sorry m8 don't quite understand that?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Sorry m8 don't quite understand that?

ah its back again and i sure didnt typ this ..well i didnt type the e-cigs bit...

Re: Aliens have landed

Originally Posted by terrysmr2

Not sure about linking to other forums if i'm out a order mods remove but I found the sat station forum quite helpful might be worth a look over there also
yes i have to agree that site dose have the most data regardes the alien2

My favourite E-Cigs are these E-Cigarettes and they are very cost effective! This bit i did not type:FRIGHT:

Lol forum must of had a moment :)

rats updater works when its in E2 mode, but, i had to manually ftp the files in, as the ipk package is set for a different type of receiver, but all i did was unpack the ipk, and drag and drop the entire usr folder into place

crossepg sh4 plugin needed renaming to plugin.ipk, then it installed straight off

Hi Digi,

you still got the unpacked IPk of Rats channel updater please?

Thanks
Calisto

here you go m8, i downloaded the ipk, unpacked it, and compressed the usr folder, containing everything for you, and uploaded :)

Attachments

• usr.rar
    3.3 KB · Views: 19
here you go m8, i downloaded the ipk, unpacked it, and compressed the usr folder, containing everything for you, and uploaded :)

Thanks Digi, this is why I love this forum :Biggrin2:

Worked a treat.

Last edited:
Looking at this receiver and was wondering about the iptv, if it has bbc and itv iplayer function? Also if it has, is it easy to work ? {thinking of the other half}
Regards Boris

Just got mine and I am impressed at first look, great picture in both sd and hd, only got it free to air atm but I have installed the e2.
Does anyone know how to get cccam on the E2? I have found Oscam butI dont know how to connect it to my cccam server.

Regards

Theblueirish

There seems to be a good bit of activity on the Enigma 2 side of this receiver over the last few weeks.
Hopefully the images will become stable soon and the Alien 2 will be a decent substitute for the overpriced Vu Duo+.

This thread seems to have died a death..

I for one love my Alien 2 and have sold a few to friends with E2 firmware on with only a couple of easily solved issues.

Most things require a reflash of enigma and then it's hunky dory.

The 7 day EPG is spot on although for some reason lately it's stopped saving to the external drive and you have to save to flash but on the whole thats just a small point.

Looking forward to seeing future E2 developments.

Just bought one from sat-station and looking forward to setting it up.
Looks like they are the new generation in affordable all purpose boxes and with 2 yr guarantee! Loads of support on-line too.
Flump

Back