Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Some TM800 pics

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
If theres any specific pic youd like, just ask ;)

The receiver is a VERY nice looking receiver, with blue text display and shiney finish. It runs PLi based enigma2 image, which took me a while to figure out as im used to nabilo shortcuts

the remote is very nice, looks like its based on a samsung remote. shortcuts need sorting, but thats nothing really, more of a lazy way to get to some menus

ive taken pics of the packaging, which contains the receiver, power lead, remote, batteries, basic manual, warranty card, and a sata data lead, this is to show that its a 'ready' product, and not a factory test unit

a pic of the remote, cos im impressed with it lol, and of the internal connection for the optional wireless module. this is an additional unit that has 2 external aerials on the rear of the receiver

as its enigma2, it also has the drivers for wireless USB dongles with specific chipsets

im still playing with the software side of it, but will post more photos, and i have a video ill upload to youtube of the display on bootup (yes i know theres 2 D's, watch the video, youll see)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqqWI0qOSwk]YouTube - TM800HD.mp4[/ame]

That's one big ugly remote. Looks like something from a 90's TV :)

So it's fully open source with it's own E2 bootloader?

...LOADDING.... pmsl.

more details about the wifi module if you dont mind digi.
what is it and how does it work?
do you basically have to just attach the antenna onto those 4 points that are in the picture?

cant wait to see the software side of the box either.

Regards,
CrazyFool

it runs off the openPLi image for the DM800 by the looks of it

its 30cm wide, 6cm high and 20cm deep

the remote is the same size as a samsung tv remote, smaller than the tm500/600 /6000 / 9100 remotes, smaller than a sky remote and a NTL one

im updating the IPKG packages via telnet atm, and everything its downloading, states its coming from the openPLi DM800 sources

Last edited:
it runs off the openPLi image for the DM800 by the looks of it

its 30cm wide, 6cm high and 20cm deep

the remote is the same size as a samsung tv remote, smaller than the tm500/600 /6000 / 9100 remotes, smaller than a sky remote and a NTL one

im updating the IPKG packages via telnet atm, and everything its downloading, states its coming from the openPLi DM800 sources

l have a ftp program l found that would only work with a tm500 l have .. no other ftp would work .. this might be the same m8 ? pm me if u want it

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a result...finally a decent coding team supports a TM Linux device..shame about the price hike to 250 notes though..

- Will be good to see how the Pli image performs on the TM, it's a very good image on the Dreams.

(yes i know theres 2 D's, watch the video, youll see)

Not the first video I've drooled over with double D's in it ;)

That looks like a very nice receiver - just can't afford the price hike unfortunately. Would love to see it come down before World Cup footy starts

Even with the price hike, I'm still tempted.

It's a cracking looking box and Linux is just the icing on the cake.

@ Digi, is the Pli image heavily modified mate?

Would we be able to install another image such as Nabilosat and add TM800 drivers from the Pli image?

From what i can see, its not modified much, i may try a nabilo image just to see what happens, and probably end up totally fookin it up lol

heres a pic so people can get more of an idea of the size of it, from the bottom to the top is

SkyHD, TM7100/6000 series, TM500/600/9100, TM800HD, TM1000/5000 series

With regards to the price hike, I can arrange a 10% surprise for those who are sure they want one ;)

thanks dig 10% sounds good! it looks good little box ! But i don't know enough about Linux yet!!learning i will get one

I'm holding off praying that the Vu+ Duo bulk buy thing happens, if it doesn't then I'll almost certainly be going for the TM800 - as long as it proves itself to be better at handling DVB-S2 signals than the clone DM800.

Back