@ 27.5°w bbc one hd / bbc hd / itv hd / 4 hd / 301 bbc sport hd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I need some help her please. I installed a technomate 5402 M2 version. Phantompatch and addon.
Then re scanned 27.5W. All the channels appear, but when i insert the key i can only open SD channels no HD once. still scrambled.

Regards

Chapa

Sorted.

I added the HD channels manually and this did the job. Apparently when you search through the satellite the HD channels come in as Mpeg video format. It wont work like that.

When i added them manually and instead put them as H264 they opened with the biss key.

Regards

Chapa

Hi,

The name is Intelsat 907
27.5W

You will have to look at its footprint to verify you can receive the signal in your location.

heres the footprint for 907 vertical txp,s in Ku,regards mdt

Attachments

• 907-332s2.jpg
    907-332s2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 0
Sorted.

I added the HD channels manually and this did the job. Apparently when you search through the satellite the HD channels come in as Mpeg video format. It wont work like that.

When i added them manually and instead put them as H264 they opened with the biss key.

Regards

Chapa

Quite strange, because I had almost the opposite. I had loaded a channel list, and BBC's HD channels didn't work, but when I scanned the txp manually, and hey presto!

having deleted the channels due to them not clearing i now cannot scan the channels in on my TM5302HD using official or patched firmware. @Merlin can you check this for me please on your TM5302HD or any other owner of this stb as im running out of idea,s unless i edit a channel list ect. regards mdt

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried this again this afternoon on my TM5402HD M1 and did a re-scan of the transponder it appeared to pull in a few extra channels but none would work at all, Each one giving a No Audio/Video message.

Reverted back to a previous list and hey presto working again

Very Strange indeed

I seem to remember something like this happening before- could it be scrambled PMT's again? Owners of Linux boxes might be able to enlighten us.....

Even with the scrambled PMT's i have always been able to scan these in with the Usual $ sign at the side of the channel today they did not.

I'll have a quick try on a 5402, BRB.....

Edit: Scan didn't find the HD channels.

BBC countermeasures!!! regards mdt

Hi trevortron et al,

Quite strange, because I had almost the opposite. I had loaded a channel list, and BBC's HD channels didn't work, but when I scanned the txp manually, and hey presto!

It all depends whether the cndf file (channel list) in question was created by someone else on another receiver... in which case you wouldn't really know how it had been compiled... the file could have been generated completely normally via standard scans/downloads to the receiver... or it could have been a mixture of both standard scans/downloads to the receiver plus some manually configured/added channels... you can usually find out by doing the following...

Open the cndf file in NDFEdit 1.69

Expand the transponder list on any satellite position

Example
Intelsat 907 at 27.5°W (relevant to this thread)

Expand transponder 11.495 (V) 44100 (BBC/UK TV Package)

Click on each individual channel in the list and then look on the right-hand side of the editor to see which of the following three 'Attributes' are ticked/checked...

Don't update service ID
Don't update name
Don't update video/audio PIDs

If some of the channels have been configured/added manually then all three of the 'Attributes' above will be ticked... whereas if the channels have been generated completely normally via standard scans/downloads from the transponder/frequency... then the only 'Attribute' ticked/checked will be Don't update name

However... when the cndf file (channel list) had been downloaded to your receiver... and you then re-scanned the transponder/frequency... the 'Attributes' Don't update service ID / Don't update video/audio PIDs (usually an indication of manually configured/added channels) would both have reverted back to being unchecked/unticked... thus allowing the channels to update Service ID and Video/Audio PIDs...

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Thank you @Zorch for a very helpful explanation indeed. I've never used an editor before, now I am beginning to see the value in it. I assume these attributes can't be edited on the box itself??

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a great thread as I live in spain and I guess with another dish ( pointed to 27.5 w) I could pick up bbc when I switches over to spot beem.

this is a great thread as I live in spain and I guess with another dish ( pointed to 27.5 w) I could pick up bbc when I switches over to spot beem.

yes you can although they are encrypted... if you are looking into it a TM5402HD or similar would be a good choice over a E2 linux stb,regards mdt

What part of Spain mate? Some parts in t'north are still picking up 2F on reasonably sized dishes, so might be an idea to hold off throwing €€€ at it until you are sure you are out of fooprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back