Tottenham shooting: Police cars on fire after protest

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was made in the light of those trying to make this a race issue: riots in this country are not a new phenomena.

Missing the point is your problem, not mine, Cheeky Monkey.

my personal thoughts are this.

if you have a gun, no matter how `upstanding` you are, if you point it at someone, or a police officer, then you are running the odds that if that other person has a gun they are likely to shoot at you, just as i would do if put in that situation. You can defend his actions all you want by saying `he feared for his life` and `other people had guns in this area` etc etc, and to a small extent i can understand this, but if you point it at an armed police officer and he shoots you , what can you say, its your own fault..

i wonder if he even pointed the gun at the police maybe not wait for all the facts to come out first m8

his family have every right to be shocked and angry that he has been shot, but ultimately he is a product of his enviroment, and as a parent you have a right to take your children out of these enviroments and so ultimately i blame the parents. Everyone has a choice in this country, unfortunately to our detriment most of the time, but if an immigrant or asylum seeker can come to this country and get a house where ever they want etc etc , then anyone can move out of one area where there is guns to an area where there isnt..

not true m8 at all asylum seeker cant move anywhere they want sorry

i know of lots of people stuck on the broadwater farm estate in tottenham and would do anything to move out but they have no money and no job lets be realistic they cant even buy a portion of chips when they are hungry sometimes - and they do not take drugs or even drink and they are law abiding citizens. the council said the best bet for them to move is via exchange and that is taking the micky - also when the kids grow up the council looks at your situation and makes one offer only and guess where they put people that are on the dole and stuff - its the way of life on the street and that is why there is so much trouble and race has nothing to do with it at all.

sorry i am stating some home truths as once upon a time i was stuck there too and im so glad i got out because someone helped me.

sorry i dont want people thinking im causing trouble here but im stating what is happening in real life tottenham from the poor peoples voice that not many people listen to nowadays. and not all are into riots or hurting other people at all as i think the rioting is really bad idea to get heard as innocent people are getting hurt.

i do know when our government tell Saddam to stop he didnt listen so they used violence to get his attention and innocent people died also.

just my personal view

Just read this in the Liverpool Echo, must say ( said it all in a nutshell )

Broken Britain, you went soft on discipline , you went soft on immigration, you went soft on crime. Parents told " you can't smack your kids" Teachers prevented from chastising kids in schools. (A teacher told his job the other day soley for shoving a nuiscance kid hope those plantpots school governers are happy with themselves now). The police can't clip em around the ear , kids have rights and can sue police parent and teachers for trivial matters blah blah blahWell done to the PC idiots you reap what you sow. The Pc brigade has ruined this country common sense has disappeared how did we let them do this to us?PC laws rules have turned moderate people right wing, and you wiull see the rise of the BNP EDL NF a round of applause for the PC brigade clap clap clap

My point was made in the light of those trying to make this a race issue: riots in this country are not a new phenomena.

rubbish. pointless post. just clarify thats all, dont try to make out your more intellectual , or is it a guessing game?

gav12345

sorry mate, have to disagree to some extent, if you run around with a gun, expect retaliation with guns. Im not saying that this or that was right, but hey if you have a knife expect to cut yourself.

and asylum seekers can settle in any town they wish can they not?

all i`m saying is , people have choices, 99% of people choose to stay in there current situation. Trust me , most of these people cant afford to feed there familys, or buy food etc, but when it comes to 20 fags, some beer, weed, latest trainers, bling or a mobile phone most of them can. Im not tarring everyone with the same brush, but i knowmany many people who are the same, live in shit hole estates, have houses that need industrial cleaners, dont work a days work in there lives, have 10 kids, claim thousands in benefits, and claim poverty, say they are skint, feed there kids shite ready meals chicken nuggets, always claiming they are on the breadline yet they all have fags in there gobs, and plenty of money to buy weed, beers and have the latest iphone 17s in there pockets. And no, `im not rich, i live on a council estate and never had a rich upbringing, and i do know what its like to be hungry.

kids having kids, the best employment opportunitys for young people in this country today is having babys and claiming benefits......................

this man wasnt innocent, he had a gun on him.

Last edited:

This is where you are wrong Hamba this is all about race, this started with the shooting of a black man in Tottenham where the black Community then confronted the police.
When the police did not bow to the demands of the mob they decided to riot.
Would this have happened in a white area? No
So it is all about race and it’s the blacks who make it a race problem, not the whites.

Listen to the news all you hear is the black kids have nothing to do, the black community has no investment, the young black kids of today will never work, this is why they riot.
What about the poor white kids?

Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword

if he was prepaired to carry a gun he was prepaire to use it.
why should the police or anyone be put in the situation where there life is at risk because somebody cannot abide by the law, and not carry a gun.

This is what I've managed to glean and infer from this thread and the media:
  • Police attempted to arrest Mark Duggan who was travelling in a private hire taxi/mini cab.
  • A "non-police issue" gun was found in the location.
  • Initial outcome of the IPCC investigation does not tally original media reports, i.e. 4 shots heard by witnesses. Only 2 rounds fired by police marksman. Initial tests on the non-police gun shows that it wasn't fired recently, although it did have had a live round in the chamber.
  • Mark Duggan has been described as a "leader of the community", in a mostly black area.
  • A peaceful protest at a Tottenham police station turned into the initial riot as the evening grew on.
  • The first night of riotting in Tottenham looks to have reflected the local ethnic ratio, i.e. mostly black.
  • Riots and looting in other areas of London and other cities around the country have also largely reflected the local communities.
I cannot work out whether armed police were at the arrest to begin with, or called to assist once it was suspected that Mark Duggan had a firearm? Am I right in thinking the reason for the arrest has not been stated?

Last edited:

thought they were all poor skint kids , no money etc???
they are all running around with the best of clobber on ffs.....

when the catcher the little f****rs they should ransack their rooms or houses if the parents know what there up to and sell their possesions to help with the cost of the damage.

see how they like it when they loose their blackberrys and ps3's etc.....

thought they were all poor skint kids , no money etc???
they are all running around with the best of clobber on ffs......

I bet they've all got a wardrobe full of clobber now after looking at them pictures lol

The police in Newcastle wouldnt put up with a riot in the city centre like that, the would goto town on the looters with battons, and the people that they managed to arrest would get a good hiding behind closed doors and then kicked back into the street, I think the criminals / rouges in newcastle know what our Northumbria corrupt Police force are like, so wouldnt even try it.

Maybe a good thing in a way ? surely the police forces in manchester should up the ante now and give the toe rags some gas and water and rubber bullets

Wow. What really sickens me looking through the pictures is how many of them are laughing: I wish the media would stop calling it rioting, theyre just looting. Rioters generally have something to protest about. Heard that although Currys and Dixons got raided (in London?), Waterstones wasnt touched. Good job, hate to think what would happen if a bookshop went up with all that paper.

They are rioting where they come from you narrow minded uneducated racist.

The rioters that you see rioting are a bunch of narrow minded uneducated racist fooking scum,and I can assure you they are not all from the UK.

Just to lighten the mood maybe as many of these images should be sent around as possible?

photoshoplooter

Love the one at the bottom of the first page!

The rioters that you see rioting are a bunch of narrow minded uneducated racist fooking scum,and I can assure you they are not all from the UK.
The rioters what you see are the ones the media want you to see and they are all from this country or maybe they heard their is a riot in Uk and booked a flight from all over the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back