Police admit they’re ‘fighting a losing battle’ after hundreds flock to parks

Boris - we must prevent a second spike
The media - lets set out a timetable of events to celebrate VE day
British public - lets get pissed in the street and as the booze kicks in lets all forget about social distancing and plaster it all over social media.
Boris a week later - theres been a huge rise in the number of corona virus cases and therefore we are introducing stricter lockdown measures.
British public - complain and bemoan a full lockdown until autumn
Media - blame the government.

I wish....

I'm working from home.

I have not broken lockdownut serious I cannot see how a few people going to the park and sunbathing is spreading the virus anymore than any of us that queue up for 20 minutes to enter a supermarket but once in are in are up every isle with others and no way are not 1 meter apart let alone two.

if you choose to open shops like B&Q as it’s safe then really a park is safe.

I can travel 100 miles to get kids from their home as that is allowed under the rules but can’t drive 30 miles to go for a walk in splendid isolation.

Needs to be a clear and consistent message else these people will go out.

I have not broken lockdownut serious I cannot see how a few people going to the park and sunbathing is spreading the virus anymore than any of us that queue up for 20 minutes to enter a supermarket but once in are in are up every isle with others and no way are not 1 meter apart let alone two.

if you choose to open shops like B&Q as it’s safe then really a park is safe.

I can travel 100 miles to get kids from their home as that is allowed under the rules but can’t drive 30 miles to go for a walk in splendid isolation.

Needs to be a clear and consistent message else these people will go out.
How clear does the message need to be ffs.
Shopping is essential. If you don't eat you die. There is no guarantee whilst shopping you won't catch the virus but we all have to eat. Safeguards are in place but some people choose to ignore them.

People going to a park to sunbathe is far from being essential. The pictures we seen were far more than "a few people going to the park and sunbathing" Anyway, if you allow the few then everyone wants to do it.

"I can travel 100 miles to get kids from their home as that is allowed under the rules but can’t drive 30 miles to go for a walk in splendid isolation."
Seriously!!! You would need to drive 30 miles to go for a walk?

Honestly mate, if the message isn't clear enough for you then something is wrong with you.

How clear does the message need to be ffs.
Shopping is essential. If you don't eat you die.

Think if you read again I said B&Q you must have been sniffing the thinners in there as I don’t by my essentials from B&Q.

Oh and thanks for the concern but nothing wrong with me, even police said this weekend a trip to B&Q to decorate the kitchen at essential,yet all allowed to do it but I can sit in a park so no it’s ain’t clear advise it contradictory, and that is my opinion and free message board so I am allowed mine like you are yours.

Think if you read again I said B&Q you must have been sniffing the thinners in there as I don’t by my essentials from B&Q.

Oh and thanks for the concern but nothing wrong with me, even police said this weekend a trip to B&Q to decorate the kitchen at essential,yet all allowed to do it but I can sit in a park so no it’s ain’t clear advise it contradictory, and that is my opinion and free message board so I am allowed mine like you are yours.
Not into thinners mate. Thanks. :rolleyes:
I used essential shopping compared to sunbathing because you likened a trip to the supermarket the same as going to a park.
You said it wasn't clear to you so I tried to show that the difference is in fact very clear. You seemingly also can't understand why you're not allowed to drive 30 miles to go for a walk. Honestly mate, that is just laughable.
At no time did I say you weren't allowed your own opinion.

I challenge you to show us where the message from the Government could be misunderstood as to read that a few hundred people could go out sunbathing. Sorry that my reply offended you but I think the message is quite clear to the majority.

How's the tan? 😂😂😂

I challenge you to show us where the message from the Government could be misunderstood as to read that a few hundred people could go out sunbathing. Sorry that my reply offended you but I think the message is quite clear to the majority.

I will reiterate I have not broken the law abide by it and only walk once a day, I am lucky I can work from home and concede myself to have reasonable intelligence and don’t want to catch this awful virus.

And yes for the majority it is clear but we live in a very unequal country, and when we have government saying B&Q is an essential service and police saying a trip to a diy shop is not essential it is confusing and mixed messaging.
Rules are stay home unless for food or medication or work if a key worker but a diy shop is allowed to open.

Now from today it is stay alert, even the devolved administrations wont follow this as confusing so how can joe public really understand,

Joe Public didn't understand him when he said they could go back to work on Wednesday. He should have said not tomorrow, not the next day but the day after that. He said that you should go back to work but not use public transport. Joe Public cram the public transport whereas anyone with a thought would have said I can't get to work without using public transport therefore I won't go back to work.

It appears that nowadays a certain percentage of the community can't follow simple instructions lest they are spelt out for them.
Then again I recall seeing signs next to air hoses warning people not to insert them into their bodies. :eek:

Ok new list to follow the idiots with second spike

China
Germany
South Korea
UK ?

SAUVEZ DES VIES, RESTEZ PRUDENT.

This translated is “Save Life’s, Remain Prudent” this is the new slogan for Mr Macrons government and strangely not a hint of misunderstanding or media reporting of confused messaging in France this morning.

Guido Fawkes is putting this down to UK media bias against the government rather than reporting the facts they are politicising this over Brexit (Media is biased but not sure I correlate the two as directly as Guido) however it is a finding backed up by the fact that 76% or remainers in a YouGov snap poll said it was not clear but 41% of leavers said it was. (Thought it was the brexiters that we’re the idiots that could not work anything out).
Also 3 times more Tory voters were likely to agree it was clear than labour supporters.

Unfortunately that's the way it is here, a blame game society. The opposing parties love to shout how things' could have been handled better or quicker. All that effort put in to criticising rather than helping.
I know it's not in the best interests for Labour, liberals or the SNP to actually help the Government in any way but is it not their duty to do what's best for the population?. The people who actually voted for them.

I can almost feel them wishing for increased deaths, NHS staff running out of PPE completely. Not just the opposition but the majority of the media too. Their sense of victory coming at the loss of innocent lives. That's probably going too far but I expect many of us who didn't give a damn about politics before have had our eyes opened due to both Brexit and covid-19.

I've said it before but it's easy to judge and say how we would have did things differently after the fact and when we don't bear any of the responsibility for those actions. As you've said overthefence “Save Life’s, Remain Prudent” is pretty much the same as our "stay alert, control the virus, and save lives'."

Just goes to show that the French population are perceived as being able to understand it whereas the British aren't.

Trump & his twin Boris have a common link highest death rates in their respective country coincidence ? probably not

Any slurry need spreading around the parks?Might as well put them in the shits!

Any slurry need spreading around the parks?Might as well put them in the shits!

Not a bad idea really, it would stop sunbathing, lurkers etc.

I don't want to get into the argument about it being OK to be in parks, with distancing. Different thing :).

Meeting my brother in a local nature reserve this Saturday, first time since March. I betting there will be less then 20 people there as the place is a little unknown and been so huge easy to keep your distance. I'll be doing the same with other members of my family too and although i feel a bit like a naughty school boy im going to take this new guidance before i loose my sanity.

What really grips me is ive worked all the way through this as the company i work for makes antibac products and some products for cancer patients for the NHS, but while it was fine for me to work with up to 35 other people i was not ok to go see family at safe distance.

I welcome this new guidance but i realize its open to people taking the piss.

Back