Tottenham shooting: Police cars on fire after protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

bro

Inactive User
Reaction score
Two patrol cars have been set on fire after members of a community where a young man was shot dead by police took to the streets to demand "justice".
Dozens of protesters have gathered outside the police station on the High Road in Tottenham, north London.
It comes after a 29-year-old father-of-four, named locally as Mark Duggan, was shot dead by police on Thursday.
The Metropolitan Police said missiles were thrown at the cars, both were set alight and riot officers deployed.
A spokesman said: "Two police officers were parked in two separate police cars on Foster Road in Tottenham, north London while on traffic patrol."

Scotland Yard said bottles were thrown at the cars, both were set alight and one was pushed into the middle of the High Road.
Neither of the officers were hurt and they had not been in the vehicles at the time.
Maria Robinson, who lives in Tottenham, said: "It's absolutely manic down here."
She said people were throwing bottles, "making bottle bombs", setting fires and shops had been broken into.

BBC News - Tottenham shooting: Police cars on fire after protest

think so,,,,,,,,protest my arse.another excuse for robbing

think so,,,,,,,,protest my arse.another excuse for robbing

Just seen it on sky news, this is going on less then three miles from my house.

Don't know why it's kicking off really, he tried to kill a copper, The guy deserved to be shot.

They want Justice because a Black man was shot dead by Police !

I'm sorry anyone shooting at Police intending to harm or kill them and the Police shoot back and kill them, tough shit, good on the Police

Just look at whats going on now, they are nothing but fooking animals, this has nothing to do with protests

Rodney King did not shoot and attempt to kill a police officer, I fail to see the similarity ?

Why do shops need to be robbed in a protest?

'If' he tried to shoot a policeman (I have only read what has been said on here so far but straight to sky news in a min), and they have shot him dead, I do not see why there is protests ?

I am anti tottenham (football club lol), but the area is awful, I would go as far and say its easily in the top 5 of run down communities in London, I avoid it like the plague!

Mick

Mick apparently they tried to arrest him and he shot the police officer, the bullet hit he's police radio and was lodged in it, the radio was the only thing that stopped it killing or badly injuring him

Live by the sword, die by the sword

Don't cry about it afterwards

Fook me, that reminds me of something out of an Iraq, there must be at least 400 Mindless thugs robbing in the name of protest.

It makes the student riots look timid ffs, set fire to buildings, shops, houses. I am shocked no one is dead from the riots!

@bronto, I just read the story, I honestly cannot believe what has happened!

What does everyone else think of this?

Mick

Shoot the looters/rioters, they're not protesting that's just an excuse to be a t##t

Just seeing this on the news. Bloody hell. I have to go through there today. I agree with mick about it being a run down place. If you think east london is bad, tottenham is full of chav wannabe's and the way people treat the place is disgusting.

One thing tho, regardless of police / people relationship, two types of people that i have utmost respect for is the firemen and women and the paramedics and when i see firebrigades getting attacked, thats just wrong, you dont do that. Thats like attacking women and children.

A little snippet from a sky news article,

A family friend of Mr Duggan, who gave her name only as Nikki, 53, said the man's friends and relatives had organised the protest because "something has to be done" and the marchers wanted "justice for the family."

Some of those involved lay in the road to make their point, she said.

"They're making their presence known because people are not happy," she added.

"This guy was not violent. Yes, he was involved in things but he was not an aggressive person. He had never hurt anyone."

GROW UP YOU SILLY COW HE SHOT A POLICEMAN.

Rodney King did not shoot and attempt to kill a police officer, I fail to see the similarity ?

the attitude of the mob is whats similar IMO.

the mob just sees the fact that the police used strong tactics to take someone down and forget the fact they deserved it.

Live by the sword, die by the sword

I said the same to the wife today, and the modern version that I made up. If you live by the gun, you will die by the gun....

He deserved everything he got, and if what I have read about the quotes from his mother, she needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

I see the PC clan are very hush hush, hold your heads in shame,
Justic is all they kept shouting, but all I saw was looting,funny you never see this when a white guy is shot dead, mind chances are it will be a black guy who done it.

Breaking News trouble has started up enfield riot police called out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back