stopping smoking on monday.....

going to try and stop... need to with kid here now and too cold to stand outside lighting up :Angryfire

good luck mate. i've packed up about a year. I still light me mates ciggies once in a while when there in the outside smoke cabin up the local lol. piddles them right off i reckon.

thats me 16 days now smoke free and i feel great for it.
using the tablets .there ment to have side affects but ive had fook all.
dont even feel like a fag.

thats me 16 days now smoke free and i feel great for it.
using the tablets .there ment to have side affects but ive had fook all.
dont even feel like a fag.

Well done John thats good going m8 My sis in law done it with the tablets.
I done it cold turkey . I will just repeat something i said earlier. Dont say you are gonna try and stop. Say you are gonna stop It helps get you in a more positive mind set. It is all about mind over matter and the mechanics of it are simple.

Follow 3 basic rules and you will succeed.

Rule one.. Dont buy cigaretes.
Rule two.. Dont accept a cigarete from anyone that offers
Rule three. Dont ask anyone for a cigarete (or pinch any from anyone)

Follow these 3 simple rules and it can be done.

I have a feeling rule 3 will be the hardest for me...

Lol Its simple enough. If you break any of the 3 rules then you fail to stop.

I really do wish anyone the best of luck in giving up.
It is really not as hard as you fear. If you are determined and you really want to stop then you will. Another tip that helped me (borrowed from another addiction) take one day at a time. Each day you succeed say to yourself if i smoke now then thats x days waisted. It helps strengthen the determination.

Good for all of you who are trying to give up, I did it around 8 years ago, just stopped and never went back, so it can be done

Well done John thats good going m8 My sis in law done it with the tablets.
I done it cold turkey . I will just repeat something i said earlier. Dont say you are gonna try and stop. Say you are gonna stop It helps get you in a more positive mind set. It is all about mind over matter and the mechanics of it are simple.

Follow 3 basic rules and you will succeed.

Rule one.. Dont buy cigaretes.
Rule two.. Dont accept a cigarete from anyone that offers
Rule three. Dont ask anyone for a cigarete (or pinch any from anyone)

Follow these 3 simple rules and it can be done.

ok mate lol I AM GONNA STOP! (shouts to himself) lol I take it onborad now :) thank god for a laugh on this site, keeps me from smoking as too busy browsing ;)

i packed them in 2yrs ago and feel ten times better but i used these tablets (cant remember what they are called ) but u can still smoke for the first 14 days but somewhere in between that you pick a day to stop and buy the stars it does make you stop thenn there is about a 6mth course of taking one a day which i did not need but they are there if needed i still get the urge for one but that goes away within seconds

Hope it wasn't too bad for you today Dibbers.

All the best for giving up!

:Cheers:

And to all you others who are trying/doing.

:Cheers:

1st time i stopped lasted 3.5 years then went back to 40 a day,stoped 18mnths ago and it was harder then the 1st time but still off of em :) realy hate the small of smokers they stink.:Boo:

m8s the best way i gave up was watching yourself smoke in front of the mirror lol

Well done, keep smiling and the fag wont fit in your mouth.........:fishpair:

so dibbers hows it goin so far?

i had the patches sitting there so decided to start at same time as you, hard time of year to stop but if i can go this then i know i can stop...

well past 6 days have been not to bad, kept myself busy...and house is spotless lol...constant cravings but sit for a minute or two and its passes...had a few pints other night and it was terrible, made even worse by fact all ma mates left me in the pub for a smoke but managed not to give in and quite proud of maself so far and up bout 40 quid...plus what i didnt spend on beers during the week

really hard but already after 5-6 days feeling so much better just for fact i know im not smoking

well it started out OK and then i relapsed mate, yeah it hurts but no point in lying to you or my self, really gonna give it another go tomorrow.

Found my self in a situation and didn't have any gum and my mind was like ah fook it, and i did, i took a draw from a ciggy Wednesday and after about 4 puffs on it i through it from the car and felt really bad and then of course after that i hit them on Thursday this week.

I'm really glad that you've managed to do it and if you stick with it then it'll give me something to aspire too...and see if i can keep going like you, even though you'll be a week ahead of me!

great work mate, nicotine leaves your body after 48 hours and that the hardest craving times are 3 - 4 days in, so your doing really well! : multi : good work.

Well here goes another go on monday.......

Back