stopping smoking on monday.....

One thing I am going to try and do is keep busy, so that I dont start thinking "what shall I do now, oh lets have a smoke".

You have to change your routine and if you can keep of the drink for the first week if you can. Will power is reduced when drunk m8.

Telling me, I am off the booze until jan anyway, so that should help a lot.

I'm not going to be using patches or gum either.

sounds like a great time to be had at your house this xmas , lol

yeah thats the key, if you change your routine from the norm in situations where you would normally have a smoke then that will help.

over the past month or so i decided to stop smoking in the sitting room, and other rooms and limited my self to sitting in the kitchen with the window open, place is already starting to smell better.

+ it's bloody freezing in the kitchen so thats made me cut down a lot.

I started doing that also, wont smoke in the house and its baltic outside. Helps cut down for the big day.

I'll be on me todd this Xmas as well. so we can have a on line party! lol...see how we make it through Xmas and new year, decided if i can quit between now and the new year then the rest of the year should be easier.....

I've been on and off for a year. Noticed my breating was getting bad and thought sod this, it just isn't worth it, it's minging and that was all I needed.

See a stop smoking 'game' for the Nintendo DS in the shop the other day, lol... Oh, the Paul Mckenna CD helped me a while back after only one play !!!

I'm finnished forever now though :grayno:

tried the Paul mckenna cd, but i didn't listen to it for 2 weeks like instructed to do sow and tapping my collar bone in front of people was a little embarrising....lool bu i should have listened to it as instructed over the 2 weeks and that would have helped.

listen to it as he tells you how it is and what it's doing to you so you'll come out thinking fook me...which of course is a good thing......so that alone put me down to 1 cigarette a day....then after i didn't listen to it as told to do so every day of course i started smoking more like....

Will power is reduced when drunk m8.

Very true...........Tip; When drinking I used to chew on drinking straws or biro pens,you look like a knob but in time doing this the cravings to put a fag in your mouth just fade away in time.

It worked 4 me.

im trying it soon also, i know its gonna be hard ,
tried it in about march , but at work i got really wound up and felt like smashing this guy to bits, so i went and had a fag.
ive been on them again since (not good )
i only lasted 3 wks
but i am gonna try again and now im not doin the same job anymore so should be ok (hopefully fingers crossed, touch wood lmao)
bobo

i tried a few months back.........:grayno:
the patches are crazy as fook, i put one on before bed and had the maddest dreams, never had nightmares like it.
good look tho

don't want any more nightmares on top of the ones I'm already having...lol ( see other post)

maybe thats why I'm getting them....cutting out tobacco.......well i wonder....

i tried a few months back.........:grayno:
the patches are crazy as fook, i put one on before bed and had the maddest dreams, never had nightmares like it.
good look tho

why did you put it on when you were going to be asleep anyway?

i have the full six week course step one patches sitting in a drawer, just stuggling tryin to pick a date to stop especially with alot of nights out coming up

Back