Slightly over sized packaging?

Sandra51

DW Regular ++
Reaction score
I have been struggling to get a pickup selector switch and a PCB for one of my guitars, a Line 6 JTV 69S, since it failed in January this year.
The UK supplier said that they could get it but it could take a few a months to arrive as it had to come from America.

I tried sourcing it directly from a store in the US but they would not ship outside of the US for some reason so in April I ordered it from the UK supplier.
In July I rang them to see if it was on it's way, only to be told it would be a few weeks more and to call again. I rang them at the start of November and they said that they would try and hurry it up.

I then got an email a few days later asking for my bank details so that they could refund my money as the part was now unavailable.

I replied with the details of the US store that had it in stock and asked if they could use their contacts to acquire it for me, they said that the couldn't help me :rolleyes:

I then emailed Yamaha EU customer services, Yamaha took over Line 6 a few years back, explaining that a US store stocked the part
I got a rather curt reply, without anyone's name, saying that if the UK supplier couldn't get it then they couldn't do anything :mad:

I replied saying that I thought that was a very unsatisfactory reply as the guitar was not yet 4 years old and was not a cheap model and was one of 3 Line 6 guitars I owned and I had another 4 effects pedals and hardware made by Line 6 and had always told other guitarists on the forums I frequented how pleased I was with the quality and the sounds of their equipment but that I would not be buying any more of their products and would advise people to avoid them, I signed it "A former loyal Line 6 customer"

I got a reply from someone called Ros who apologised and asked me for more details about the part. and a photo if possible.
I replied with what he wanted and a few days later I was told that unfortunately that the PCB was no longer available but the switch was, but there was a backlog that would mean waiting for 6 to 8 weeks to get it but that he had spoken with his manager and he had agreed to remove the switch from a guitar that they had in stock and would send it my free of charge to apologise for the inconvenience and to send him my address.

I sent him my address and last Friday he said that it would be sent by UPS on Monday.
It arrived this morning and I couldn't believe the size of the box it came in :oops:

New switch arrived in very large UPS box 6.12.2022.jpg
The switch is a lot smaller than the UPS logo 🤣

Your perseverance paid off in the end. I also suppose it’s a lot harder to lose a big package than a very small.
At least it meant that it there was no chance that it could get damaged either :)

This is a couple of my best ones Ian, like you I would like to be able to play them better too :)

Godin XTSA and line 6 JTV 69S.jpg

The white one is the Line 6 JTV69S that I needed the switch for, I fitted a Fishman Triple Play midi pickup to it.
The other is a Godin XTSA then I have these:

P1160315.JPG

I made a mistake earlier this year whenI bought a Line 6 700 that is a bass guitar, I had never even tried playing a bass and it is a little too big for me as the frets are so far apart near the headstock that I think I will always struggle to play it, I should have gone for something with a shorter scale like the Höfner Violin bass like Paul McCartney played.

I should really sell at least half of them but I like collecting them as I think that they look better on the wall than pictures 🤣

Paul McCartney played.

I should really sell at least half of them but I like collecting them as I think that they look better on the wall than pictures 🤣
Pictures are safer. I was about 16/17 when I swopped a crap little 80cc motorbike for an acoustic guitar. I had some sort of beginners booklet in the case but I was crap and tired of it within a fortnight. I was stood with a mate outside a 2nd hand shop, waiting for the owner to come back from lunch to see what he would give me for it when a motorist stopped and approached me.

He asked if I was selling it and I said yes. He told me he had to pick up the kids from somewhere but gave me his address which was just up the road and told me to make my way there. His wife made us welcome and we gave her the usual crap of being in a group etc; To my horror she asked me to play something and I started rattling off the worst rendition of "Happy Birthday to You" ever.
I wanted the ground to swallow me up and once I had my money, left without ever turning back. Fifty years later it still makes me cringe but taught me a very important lesson.

This is a couple of my best ones Ian, like you I would like to be able to play them better too :)

View attachment 153815

The white one is the Line 6 JTV69S that I needed the switch for, I fitted a Fishman Triple Play midi pickup to it.
The other is a Godin XTSA then I have these:

View attachment 153816

I made a mistake earlier this year whenI bought a Line 6 700 that is a bass guitar, I had never even tried playing a bass and it is a little too big for me as the frets are so far apart near the headstock that I think I will always struggle to play it, I should have gone for something with a shorter scale like the Höfner Violin bass like Paul McCartney played.

Wow that is an impressive collection. Love it

Back