stopping smoking on monday.....

good and bad, good news is that's me and you on monday and the bad news is that it's damaging your body! but it's not simply one that can fook you up it's years of it.....so lets go for it man!

i would suggest the gum though mate, you only chew it like 5 times and then hold it and then in about 2 minutes your spitting it out as it's rank......dunno about not trying with out them like....but think you should have a little piece to hand...

I have tried the gum before, and it didnt really help. By the time I came to quitting I had cut down so much that the gum was providing more nicotine than the smokes!!

I am on two a day now, so it may not be the best thing.

yeah good work then mate, all the best man! hope we/you can do it!

yes!!! haven't had a fag in almost a week...downloaded paul mckenna cd and listened to it, then done a relaxation/eliminate stress cd and feel much better...worth a go if anyone wants to try :)

Good luck guys.

I've been nicotine free for 4 years, It's a great feeling knowing that I'm not a slave to a dried up, foul smelling plant.

I gave up cold-turkey with the help of a book.

I didn't see the sense in gum or patches...I mean, trying to give up nicotine by putting more nicotine in your system??? Madness LoL

Its a good bargain if you think you need it.

However, like some others, is replacing cigarettes with nicotine the way to go for everyone? Not sure.

Its a good bargain if you think you need it.

However, like some others, is replacing cigarettes with nicotine the way to go for everyone? Not sure.

have you given up or are you still smokin? how you feeling it?

I stopped this week.

Needed one this evening when I was food shopping, and I have been snapping at people a bit. I have been told that you only really need a week to allow your body to beat the cravings. Which is nice, if true.

I absolutely swear by Allen Carr's Book:
[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0140277633"]Easy way to Stop Smoking[/ame]

This helped me to kick the foul-smelling habit.

The book costs slightly more than a packet of cig's.
You have absolutely nothing to lose.
If you stop for a day, the book has paid for itself...anything else is a bonus.

The book is also availbale from most good bookstores, Waterstones, Menzies etc.

Give it a bash, it's worth it.

Stopped in June 05, 60+ a day habit, my dad died of smoking related cancer, and his father too so thought it was time I took a hint lol

I got Hypnotised cost me £100 and I have never even thought about having a fag since (honestly) I go out on a Sat night with 4 or 5 guys and we all end up in a lock up where you can smoke and it does not even cross my mind, best £100 I ever spent :)

Good luck Dibbers

well it started out OK and then i relapsed mate, yeah it hurts but no point in lying to you or my self, really gonna give it another go tomorrow.

Found my self in a situation and didn't have any gum and my mind was like ah fook it, and i did, i took a draw from a ciggy Wednesday and after about 4 puffs on it i through it from the car and felt really bad and then of course after that i hit them on Thursday this week.

I'm really glad that you've managed to do it and if you stick with it then it'll give me something to aspire too...and see if i can keep going like you, even though you'll be a week ahead of me!

great work mate, nicotine leaves your body after 48 hours and that the hardest craving times are 3 - 4 days in, so your doing really well! : multi : good work.

Well here goes another go on monday.......

well relapsed maself now...works night out and got threw whole night...bit of a argument and few other things and ended up smoking but not smoked since and was drunk, so aslong as i dont smoke when im sober im happy but still gutted cuz i was doing quite well

Im still going.. 1 month now :)

I did however have to buy ciggys 1 day 2 weeks ago.. forgot my ecig :( and few customers later i was getting annoyed.. smoked the 10 that day and stopped again..

But when i did smoke the cigs it was very hard.. it burnt my throat.. i didnt enjoy it one bit..

Will be off them 9 years Feb 1st.

Man o man, am I ever happy to have that monkey off my back!

I've been off them for a few years now but a friend of mine came into the garage a few months ago and could hardly get out of his car .He looked a real mess turned out he had emphysema and he admitted it was the fags that had caused it and now there is no way back for him . He's going to end up on an oxygen bottle and he knows it . If ever i have thoughts about starting up again i'll just think of him and that will stop me .Good luck all you guys

The advice I got when trying to stop was simple, if you stop smoking then the nicotine will be out your system in 24hrs, if you use a patch, chewing gum or false fag etc then you are just prolonging the agony.

Back