stopping smoking on monday.....

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it's that time to give it a go, had been stopped for 4 years until a year ago when i started again...so on Monday I'm going smoke free.....little bit of chewing gum and some will power !

any one else trying ?

nice one, i did a little trial run and have been finding that the second time around seems a little harder than the 1st time....i can go all the way from midnight up until 6.00pm the next night, so when i get in from work I'm going to change my routine and see if that helps when I'm getting in.....

Good luck mate, ive been stopped for about 8 months at first i wish i never cause of the weight i put on ,but now its slowly starting to come off but i feel much better for it and healthier. I had a few moments of weakness when ive been out clubbing:silly: Are you using the nicotine chewing gum btw mate and what flavour?

Last edited:
yeah gonna use the gum, the flavor of it stinks though, as i can only keep it in for a little while till i spit it out like, but then the cravings over like, will defo look out for some other flavor though as i think the normal stuff is rank......spoke to nhs smoke free and they think that if i can simply change what i do between 6pm and midnight then i should have a good chance to become smoke free....

I tried the patches before and i couldnt 'feel' myself getting the nicotine so i felt like i always needed one, but with the original chewing gum you definitely can feel it lol. i agree with you thought it is rank but it works :Hit:

I used patches, but they kept falling of, so i used these tablets that you take when you want a smoke. I also put a bit of waight on.

Last edited:
yip....defo going to have a go ! ....

(is that a goby you have there <<< )

i got 10 here that I'm hoping will last me till Sunday night......last thing i want to do is buy another box as I'll just put off and off....gonna bin all the ashtrays and lighters and that on Sunday night...

Same.

This will be my second time quitting. I bought 400 a few weeks back with the intention of quitting once I ran out.

l packed up in march m8 ,, not the best time of the ear to pack up l must admit xmas .. put l did the same pick a day and stuck to it ,, 2 and a haft stone later lm not sure l should of lol ,, make sure u dont replace them with crap m8

finger crossed for yea
FingersCrossed.gif

yeah i know mate, thats why i plummeted up to 15 stone, and now I'm back down to 11 the last thing i want to do is pile that back on again...so I'm going to have to be carefull...but i should be able to keep the weight down with exercise.!

yeah i know mate, thats why i plummeted up to 15 stone, and now I'm back down to 11 the last thing i want to do is pile that back on again...so I'm going to have to be carefull...but i should be able to keep the weight down with exercise.!

god knows wot happens but u have to exercise twice as hard ,, its mad

The whole weight thing is something I am worried about myself... Dont want to balloon, after all I am giving up to be more healthy...

The whole weight thing is something I am worried about myself... Dont want to balloon, after all I am giving up to be more healthy...

Just think about the benefits in the long run, you can always go to the gym to counter the weight gain. I did that and it stopped me putting on any more and now its slowly coming off, but i dont half feel much healthier eg. my lungs, heart etc. Ive noticed it at the gym too i can seem to go for longer on the cardio machines now.

Good luck lads. I did it 12 years ago (cold turkey) and never looked back. One tip though change your thinking to "I'm going to stop" Rather im trying to stop. It makes a difference you know.

One thing I am going to try and do is keep busy, so that I dont start thinking "what shall I do now, oh lets have a smoke".

Back