sportster 200511 2x new

gav,well done mate,looks very sleek and seems alot faster than my old image,need to go and tinker with the colours as the kids dont like it,lol!!

Hi Gav

the image looks great not freeze problem but to be honest i never got those in my last image either but looks good..only one problem which i didnt have with the last image. I keep losing epg ..first it was with front row but now appears to be with others to. pressed blue button and saw that epg was off changed to on. But it keep changing to off when i check it.?

that is very strange mine is on on try unpluging it from the socket then plug it back in

very strange problem though weird one

kizer said:
gav,well done mate,looks very sleek and seems alot faster than my old image,need to go and tinker with the colours as the kids dont like it,lol!!

cheers kizer hope your whole family enjoys it m8

cheers

Gav, is this the updated sportser image or sporster pro image? :Cheers: Griz

griz

its the update of the last image i did new drivers came out yesterday and working fine sweet as a nut crisp picture quality

i have noticed that the latest ones out were not so crisp when it comes down to the picture quality

another person has said the quality is just like sky+ quality

so enjoy

m8

Hi, first post been lurking for a few weeks :)
Thanks to a lot of well written guides I've got my head around a lot of this without to much trouble.

Now the slight issue I am having with the latest image from gav and then uploaded my services/bouquet files, almost every channel is suffering from 'channel not available' the first time it's selected. Change channel and go back and it's there, but repeat and it's 'not available' again.

Flashed back to the image from the downlaods section in thread ' sportster 200511 2x fixed' and there is no problem once I've uploaded by services/bouuet files again.

Any idea?

well i dont know why m8

is it a sagem box your using?

cheers

or
maybe you forgot to press dbox....service...reload channel lists...then turn over channel

Using a nokia with 2 chips.
Did the reload channels, even went as far as a power cycle and it was still the same.

The instant I swapped back to the older image there was no problem at all. Very weird, but I'm happy with the earlier image just a case of 'there's a new one lets try it' :)

cdh555 said:
Using a nokia with 2 chips.
Did the reload channels, even went as far as a power cycle and it was still the same.
The instant I swapped back to the older image there was no problem at all. Very weird, but I'm happy with the earlier image just a case of 'there's a new one lets try it' :)

very strange

thats all i can say about that

@gav12345

can I suggest that you date all the updated images when you release them (eg updated_041105.img), it would make it easier to provide feedback so you know exactly which image the feedback is for - great work BTW

First impressions of the 041105 image - seems a better picture, more vivid colour, the initial startup text screen doesn't work, but that's not a problem.

good idea you see i need a pa lol

in future i will do it

cheers

Great image

Hi Gav
Had problems with a nokia and sagem
Now works great.

hi gav just installed ur img on a nokia 2xintel and works fine! just there is quite a bit of German in the menus?
Is there a setup file some where it can be change or is it compiled in? (if you need some one to translate let me know, me is bilingual ;)
also how do you compile these images? I wouldn't mind trying it myself, use linux a lot but relative new to dbox linux ...

ok m8 lets see if you can do it m8

just a few for you to translate

do you want the #comments translated too? or just relevant code ..

I've just tried your image from post #96 and it's the same problem as I orignally described with the 'channel not available' error.

I have looked through things and see 2 differences

1) as noted by lincsat the initial startup text screen doesn't work (the one that normally appears a line at a time just after inital boot before it actually locks onto a channel.

2) pressing dbox and then going into 'service' none of the options have a short cut. On the image that works for me (Sportster_200511_20051030_J_2xI.img) there are shortcuts of numbers and colours to press to access menus.

I've no idea if these where delibrate or have the slightest impact to generate the issue I am seeing.

Back