v++ V3 Feedback Thread - Please post your comments here!

bob808

Banned
Reaction score
I have just completed version 3.0 of my V++ image. This image features all the UK mods and a new version of the minimalistic allinwonder menu.

Upgrade to my previous v++ images taking a fresh cvs build and making UK specific with diffs to include the following features:

- Customization/Personalization Menu
- Minimal All-in-Wonder Menu (** New version 1.5)
- UK Zapit for Fast Scanning
- Built-in option for NETID on Scan Menu
- Change Stream Information to 'Cable' instead of 'Satellite'
- Infobar POPUP on Channel Change
- UK Profile (Gives correct UK time)
- Cables.xml contains 6952, 6887 and Bruteforce
- Scan.conf defaults to 'Sym6887' instead of 'Kabel Deutschland'
- Change 'Neu Sender' to 'New Channels'
- Change 'Alle Kanal' to 'Unsorted'
- Language setting defaults to English as opposed to German
- Reduced flash options
- LCD-EPG added ** not tested - I can't see my dbox's as in the loft, so can someone feedback on this to confirm it works (turn on and off from the AIW menu) **

Big thanks to Speedy for his diffs!

Also features my (semi) translated y-web interface, 3D icons, blue button menu (with EMU selection removed as this exists in the all in wonder).

Default video is s-video in this version, you can change to RGB/YUV to make the picture look good! (I feed my dbox's into a MCE PC so need to use s-video)

Image built from fresh CVS build dated 18/05/07.

This is a 2x NEUTRINO image JFFS2 that can be converted with imageworks to 1x

the default IP is 192.168.0.30, default userid and pw of root and dbox

You can download the image >>Here<<

Please give this a go and let me know what you think and how I can improve things.

note - to do: Complete 'branding' on logos - radio, shutdown etc. Finish translating the y-web to english. The addition of ide menu and support. Anything else anyone can think of to add to this?

cheers

bob808

Last edited by a moderator:
ok - I just tried to activate lcd-epg, and it didnt seem to do anything - I got around to peering into the loft, but the box just seemed to be normal and not enhanced...

Can someone who has coded this into an image take a look and check to see if I screwed anything obvious up and post back to let me know?

Thanks

bob808

your problem is that cut sed and awk also the busyboxse file need to be in /bin
not /var/bin there are other symlinks that seem to be missing.

so it looks like you didnt change the path when installing busyboxse as it is designed for a squashfs image.

hope this helps

NJ

p.s there are instructions how to install this in the image school.

thanks nj - I will move the files to /bin and see how it goes... what symlinks are missing? I followed your comments in the school (installed busybox with the script, copied the files over etc)

thanks nj - I will move the files to /bin and see how it goes... what symlinks are missing? I followed your comments in the school (installed busybox with the script, copied the files over etc)

just change the path in the busybox install script to /bin instead of /var/bin/

and reinstall it.

Thanks NJ - updated the image and have LCD-EPG working... v3.1 has been uploaded - can anyone who gives it a try please feedback to me so I can make future improvements.

You can download v3.1 (2x, but convertable with imageworks) >>Here<<

bob808

Last edited by a moderator:
hi bob
just downloading at the mo will let you know how i get on does this img have teletext in it
cheers johny48

Nice one m8 i will give this a try tomorrow thanks for all your hard work and shareing.

Cheers

Some of the menus are locked by a pin, and it's not 1 2 3 4. Any suggestions?

I had not pin protected any menus - I have just hidden some with the customisation menu - if you go into settings, then select the first option, you can make them visible again, or pin protect.

In my build I had not specified anything for a pin though...

Give that a try and let me know if there are any menus in particular that seem to be pin protected and I will take a look.

Johny - teletext not included in this release - will see about adding it into my next one though :)

thanks bob808

hi bob
loaded img looks great love the boot up and the menus.
but i am having a few issues with it seems to suffer from the same probleme that com 8.2 error channel not available waiting for time message but it seems worse.
pressing the reboot or the shutdown in the menu has to be pressed 2 times first time it gives the reboot screen and then the mute logo on screen i have to press it again for it complete the shutdown or reboot, this also happens when using the red button on the remote.
changed camd to evo in the all in wonder menu but in the system it still said newcamd.
camd only works when i did get it to run for about 2 mins, the scan seems to take a lot longer too and does not find all channels this might be down to the recent cc activity.
i thought that it was maybe a bad flash so downloaded it again but still had the same results.it may be the new all in one menu or the file may be corrupt in the download sect.or some thing i am doing wrong.
i also tried it on an other box but the reboot thing was still there did not try anything else.both boxes are 2x nokias.

i really like this img because of the look of it and the lay out of the menus hope you get it fixed.
cheers johny

I had not pin protected any menus - I have just hidden some with the customisation menu - if you go into settings, then select the first option, you can make them visible again, or pin protect.

In my build I had not specified anything for a pin though...

Give that a try and let me know if there are any menus in particular that seem to be pin protected and I will take a look.
All the menus I enabled via the customisation menu were pin protected, as was the Movie Player menu. Turned the pin was 0000.

Also, this image causes DboxWinserver to crash, unless you remove all Create Directory flags from the settings.

Great look for the menus, though. ;)

Johny - have you tried different ucodes? A mates box did that a lot and he needed to change ucodes to get that sorted... That also affected his scan results.

I will need to look into the EMU thing - all 3 seemed to work for me - you need to save settings I think after selecting maybe, but I will check for my next image.

Senor - I dont usse DboxWinderver, but will install and have a play to see if I can get that sorted too.

Keep the testing and feedback coming guys! I will aim to get a fresh cvs build late June and then get v4 out with these things corrected, and maybe some other enhancements ;-)

bob808

Update

hi bob
i don't know what i done but i seem to have got this to work last night i was at this till 2 O'Clock but today powered up the box got the message channel not available,so went to services menu reload channel list then restated neutrino and bingo it worked left it for an hr or so thought i would try the reboot from the menu, but it was still the same i had to press it 2 times,after that only fta were available on newcamd tried reloading Chan/restating neutrino but still the same.changed camd to mg powered down the box this time via the plug switched back on and thats when i discovered you have to save settings so did this powered box off again and after a few min mg camd running sweet so far.
will not reboot via the remote to see how things go as i think this might be something to do with my probs with this img.
cheers Johny

It seems the pin problem goes away after two reboots, and they're all unlocked now, but I have noticed that reboot and shutdown have a similar issue, and I have to select them twice before they work, which also appears to affect timed recordings. If the box starts up from shutdown to record, it doesn't seem to want to shut down again automatically, probably for the reason I mentioned. I'm going to try another recording later and manually add an extra shutdown to the timer list after the recording.

hi,

had v2 running no probs, tried v3. copied over bouquets and service file and img runs gr8, no probs at all - no pin protected settings, some hidden but no problem making visible if u want. lcd/epg not working but no real issues there. tried server recording using dboxwinserver and again no issues - tried both fta and ppv channels - really suits my box cheers.......

thought i'd try the v3.1 and it fixed the lcd/epg but now has slight problem shutting down, after 1st attempt picture comes back on with mute sign on but on trying again shuts the box down....

all in all gr8 img m8 looking forward to v4...

cheers

hi,

had v2 running no probs, tried v3. copied over bouquets and service file and img runs gr8, no probs at all - no pin protected settings, some hidden but no problem making visible if u want. lcd/epg not working but no real issues there. tried server recording using dboxwinserver and again no issues - tried both fta and ppv channels - really suits my box cheers.......
Interesting. Did you use the UDrec or GGrab module? MPEG or TS recording?

On testing it seems that I have the same issues with the shutdown/reboot (seems to be a menu thing tho as in telnet it goes as it should) so will need to look into that for v4 - thanks for highlighting it guys

@neathdrew - is the shutdown/reboot issue specific to v3.1 - was it working for you in v3? If so then this might be to do with lcd-epg... I will need to test that too - can anyone else confirm?

Back