sportster 200511 2x new

cooltool said:
do you want the #comments translated too? or just relevant code ..
all of it m8 including everything

cheers

it will be good cause im working on another updated image at the moment but it will take a few days as im at the start at the mo and it needs a bit of work on it so watch this space for news and updates and its going to be hard to get even the same quality as todays one though

cheers all

Problems with the new DBOX2 Sportster img from Gav

I have a problem with the latest (Fixed) img from Gav,
When i load the img in and after i copy my service and bo files across and then reboot the box my HOME button no longer works, as well as this i can only view free channels. no ppv can be seen. the evocam blue button seems to be missing from the channel when one is selected. It does look very neat and lots of extras in http mode. and the picture qual is second to none. shame about the issues with it though. When i burn my original sportster img back all the channels work fine and so does the HOME button on the remote control.

Anyone else had these issues. Or does anyone else know another good img i can try, but the img must be for a Nokia box and on N*L and with all keys working. I am only looking for an upgrade because mine image seems to be rather old july 2005 and i am looking for somthing a bit better now after seeing GAV'S new img thats one hell of an img as the picture quality like true DVD.

Thanks

I got to say Gav i am getting freezing again, went back to my old 1.7+ uk05 image and all is fine again, the box freezes maybe once a day, all your updated images seem to do this and i am gutted as the pic quality is so much better....maybe if i add an atenuater to my modem some extra sugnal might be routed to the box ?

is it possible to import the excellent picture quality from your latest releases into the sportster 1.7+uk05 image?.....this image is the most stable for me is it fairly straight forward to and could i do it myself or do i have to know programming code ?

If you could just update the image quality of it and i will install it and see if i start suffering from freezes again, then if one enhancement is added at a time we might better know what is causing the freezes for some people.

Gav i have tried all of your image they really good the only problem i have is there is no epg only on front raw it comes and gose please help i have same problem when i have 1.763 image many thanks for your hard work

Hi Gav, Ive had the same problem with the latest image the chennels are there,then channel not available i have a nokia 2x dbox it worked fine on the older image tried reloading channels still no go!!!!!!!!

Griz said:
Hi Gav, Ive had the same problem with the latest image the chennels are there,then channel not available i have a nokia 2x dbox it worked fine on the older image tried reloading channels still no go!!!!!!!!

At least someone is having thesame troubles as me so it doesn;t look like a box fault.

Gav's Sportster_200511_20051030_J_2xI image is fantastic and I've got no problems with it, other than the others are newer and I wanted to try them :)

cdh555 that is the same image that i am using it is exellent no probs here with that image either! i was using Gav's old updated image before & that was a stable image aswell:) :Smileysex

mr bnana said:
Gav i have tried all of your image they really good the only problem i have is there is no epg only on front raw it comes and gose please help i have same problem when i have 1.763 image many thanks for your hard work

same here ..
the last few images off gav have all had major lock ups for me as well ..
at least once a day ..

Hi M8
Experianced exactly the same problem - says "channel not available". Move of channel and then go back onto it and its working??.
Put back in old image and all working fine.

mr bnana said:
Gav i have tried all of your image they really good the only problem i have is there is no epg only on front row it comes and goes please help
The same thing happens with me. ONLY on Front Row, sometimes there is epg and sometimes there isn't. Weird.

some people please remember the options for sagem boxs and some people preferr the 0014 ucode as well as this would be the main part of your probs also for sagem in setting misc enx enable please remember these things guys

i dont understand the epg thing because epg is sectionsd original uk fix by cydine a while back and should work perfectly if you guys want the telnet to the box and

type killall -9 sectionsd press enter all epg gone

now type sectionsd

and wait a minute or 2 then
shutdown the telnet and slowly the epg should all be there

cheers

gav12345 said:
ok m8 lets see if you can do it m8
just a few for you to translate

I downloaded the attachment to convert but why would you want deutsch.locale translated when english.locale is included with the images ?

re-inventing the wheel ?

Have Fun

Last edited:
well i dont how the germans have done it cause its not 100percent clear in english

thanks ellie

freakydeakie said:
Hi M8
Experianced exactly the same problem - says "channel not available". Move of channel and then go back onto it and its working??.
Put back in old image and all working fine.

i get the same problem, where do i find the old image?

for sagem 1x or 2x do the folowing

press dbox...settings...misc...enable enx watchdog on...back... red to save settings back to tv

now

blue...blue...yellow...3...green...blue

then back to title hardware settings then yellow...red asks to restart press yes/ja

hope that does it for you all check it out after restart

Hi gav, like the latest image. just a quick question; When i flash the image using IFA (as i cant get anything else to work) There are already channel lists available, BBC anglia etc. Is there any wasy i can update there to contain the available channels in my area while doing a scan as i STILL cant transfer service files And i am having to scan all boxes i flash and create all the bouquets from scratch. Any help much appreciated.

Back