sportster 200511 2x new

Right, the image that works for me the best is 1.73, however the best picture quality i have seen is on these newer ones, is it possible to add the better image quality into the 1.73 image ??

hmmmm....if thats the same as the last linked image on this thread then what could be causing the freezing ?....also gav, your work on these images is excellent, may i be so bold as to suggest you could somehow catalouge them in some order as myself and a few other people are getting quite confused.

Cheers

DOH!....well send em my way and i will do it....we will call it the gav files collection ;)

loady is there any point as this one is the Best image no point keeping all the rest

cheers

Anyone got a 1x image?Have tried image cloner but keep getting,error, Unkown file cannot be found.

loady said:
so many images so many different problems, what in the image is causing some people to experience freezes every ten minutes, Alienshead, your problems are IDENTICAL to mine, i have also tried the other image you mentioned and suffered the same exact problems as you, do you have you box through a router ? there must be something we are doing to have the same effects with the images we try.
Nope my box isn't through a router, i tried the image with the main feed only, no splitter etc & still get the error.

alien sound like you have signal probs coming from your cable feed
are you paying for the min tv package from your cable company

Well, i downloaded the one you posted after my reply about the image that worked best for me, i put it on my SAGEM and kein system'd it: shocked2
so i got myself image converter and converted it to a 1x image and flashed it over, put in service etc and in the last half hour it froze for 3 seconds then righted it self and hasnt done it since.......my hat off to you Gav the Guvner.

On the subject of my other box "suspected faulty tuner nokia" i removed the telephone modem and tried but still no luck there, i am going to start a new thread asking if someone could explain how to get the boot log off using null modem cable so i can post on here and hopefully someone could tell me once and for all if this nokia is fuggered.

@Alienheads: Did you donwload the file for the new image from this thread that someone had already converted to a 1x image, if so i wonder if there may be something wrong with it, just that we seemed to have identical problem but now mine is solved by converting the image myself but could possibly be a re-re-re-re tweaked image by Gav ;) i cant tell how many images he has out there:Cheers:

loady have you looked at the solder around your tuner see if there is any difference as dry solder could be a problem there m8 like where its solder you see a tiny crack or something not like the rest as this has happened before with someone else

Dont really fancy desoldering it....soldering is not my thing. I think i recall mgb saying to me a while back that you could tell if the tuner is not working by getting the bootlog via null modem cable.

gav12345 said:
alien sound like you have signal probs coming from your cable feed
are you paying for the min tv package from your cable company
Nah mate i'm on the family pack, everything other than sky sports & movies.
loady said:
@Alienheads: Did you donwload the file for the new image from this thread that someone had already converted to a 1x image, if so i wonder if there may be something wrong with it, just that we seemed to have identical problem but now mine is solved by converting the image myself but could possibly be a re-re-re-re tweaked image by Gav ;) i cant tell how many images he has out there:Cheers:
I have downloaded the file updated_new121.rar is that the one you are using at the moment? i haven't put it on the box yet though.
My sagem is a 2x chips box, well as far as i know it is anyway, i've taken a picture of the chips so someone can confirm this:

click it to enlarge.

If i remember rightly when ntl first came to install everything a few years back, i seem to remember the guy saying there was a weak signal for the tv(i maybe wrong, he could have been talking about something else i dunno, i was stoned at the time), so he stuck two little booster things on the back of the set top box, they're both the same size etc (little oblong things that screw into the back of the box, then the main feed into the other end) one of em is a burgundy colour & says Forward Path Attenuator 10db on it, the oher is white & says FLDS digital signal conditioning filter on it.

The burgundy one is the same as this one i found a pic of on ebay:
e7_2.JPG

No idea if any of this has any relevance, good or bad?

try and take that Attenuator off the dbox and just try it

yes that file is the one im using and its great for me

cheers

I've tried the dbox with just the main feed connected to it (no splitter nothing at all connected apart from the dbox) & still get the problems.

Which image is that you're using loady?

yes aliens heads, that is the one i am using and converted myself, your system was working before you messed around with images, the only thing i can suggest is start from the ground up............this image is now the best one i have used........maybe you will have the same result as me if you do it again, could have been a bad flash...........do you have a hacked modem ? have you just gone up to 10mb ?, have your tried tv with modem removed ?

Let us know m8.

Hi Gav

flashed this image last night, and this is another great image also this is the first image I have managed to get recording working working on my Nokia Dbox so I am well chuffed.

The only problem I have had with this is when I do a scan it will only pick up 156 tv channels where normaly I would get 266 but this is no big problem as I have my services and bouquets xml saved so just ftp them over and I have all my channels.

Great image

Cheers

Fermec

welcome m8 glad your enjoying it

did you put your options to fast scan off and bouquets leave current search for all services works fine on mine

cheers

Back