v++ V3 Feedback Thread - Please post your comments here!

@neathdrew - is the shutdown/reboot issue specific to v3.1 - was it working for you in v3? If so then this might be to do with lcd-epg... I will need to test that too - can anyone else confirm?

pretty sure it was ok in v3 but didn't have it on for long, when i put v3.1 thought the problem may have something to do with the lcd/epg cause that seem to flash up when shutting down.....i'll switch off lcd/epg see if it makes a difference

cheers

problem still there with lcd/epg disabled, sure this prob was there with some of the other imgs commando, etc

Last edited:
Just checked 3.0, and it's fine. No double reboots needed. I also noticed that starting a recording was a little "sticky" on 3.1, but that's fine too on 3.0.

ok - must be something to do with busybox or the start_neutrino file then... all that has changed from the 2 versions is a re-install of busybox into the correct folder, and correcting start_neutrino to check for the .lcd_epg file and load the plugin if it is there...

Wont have any time this week, but next weekend I will get the chance to figure out what is causing this - might get a v3.2 out as an interim solution :)

Right - v3.2 is now online - using a fresh CVS from today, and the reboot bug is fixed! No new features from 3.1, just newer cvs and the fixed reboot/shutdown issue.

Here is a link to the new version ==> LINK
V4 is coming soon - adding in the audio-pid feature so that you can save your chosen audio stream and not have to avoid the dreaded voiceovers again on e4, bbc3 etc!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the new version. Since getting the 3.0 version, I have changed the menus on my Dreambox image to have the same color scheme as well, btw. :)

Speaking of menus, I don't know how much direct control you modders have over general formatting of menus, but for a while I have thought it would be cool if the program names in the EPG were right aligned instead of following the left alignment of the channel name with just a "-" to seperate them. I have attached a mock-up so you can see what I mean. I also made the program names a different color to make them stand out more.

installed v3.2 on a friends box, nice image matey- no issues at all, smooth install.

Thanls for yoour image.

Tin.

flashed that on last nite and its great ans picture quality is very good. thanks.

hi,installed v3.2 image last night no problems,thanks for great image & thanks for sharing.

no colour

Hi, like the image but can't get any colour, and that seems 2 b the only prob i have.if u can help that b gr8. thanks

Just read this in the first post.......

Default video is s-video in this version, you can change to RGB/YUV to make the picture look good! (I feed my dbox's into a MCE PC so need to use s-video)

as lagigolo says - you need to go into the settings menu, then video and change it to RGB/YUV, then all should be good again :)

Hi has anyone uploaded the 1x version of this image i am unable to convert it on this computer.
Thanks
CaShY

Installed and copied over services and bouquets no stuttering like i've had
on other images great picture quality too
One odd thing set my location and did a scan to add the Sky SD1 + 2
channels and received 300+ channels found scan successful
and no channels found message at same time leaving my channel list blank
Any ideas ???
Thanks

Scrub that reflashed set Net ID scanned no probs
Must have been a dodgy flash
Cheers for the image works great

my testing results; nice image (THANKYOU!), I can get the lcd-epg up after about 10 seconds of changing channel. BUT I get an occasional picture freeze, if I wait 10-20seconds it comes back.

Back