sportster 200511 2x new

gav has the picture quality decreased with this one compare with your last release?

the picture quality is good for me no probs

i am getting freezing every ten minutes......epg is still available though and time is correct, i have a sagem and followed the button presses you mentioned for sagem users....both drivers are on, is this correct?.....do you have any other suggestions as to what i can do ? i never had this with sportster 73....once a day the box froze. excellent picture quality though

just a quick tip loady; have you removed the telephone modem from the back of the box. stops alot of freezing problems.

when you say the modem liam, do you mean the actual connector, ie open up the box and remove, i have nothing plugged into my sockets other than power, scart, cable and ethernet.

As posted previously in this thread, i have the exact same problem as loady, & the modem was removed a couple of weeks ago, so that isn't the problem.

I thought it might be a signal problem (i have a 3 way splitter), so i removed the splitter & put the main feed into the dbox & still get the same problem, works fine for so long, usually around 15 mins, then freezes, i turn the channel over & get the Error channel not availiable message, when the box is rebooted the channels are back.

I've put the old image i was using back on (sportster 1.76 3) & don't get any of the problems listed above, the only problem i do get is on the odd occasion a channel will freeze, but corrects itself after 1 or 2 seconds.

Same here not as good as last image, pic quality not as good.
Gav what did you change in this image compared to your last one.

ok i will have a look and compare them

see if i missed anything out but i don't think so

ill report back when i am ready

cheers

Gav,

has this got the new sectionsd file, I have heared that cydine thinks this may have a problem with disappering epg and black screens. I think he is working on a revisd version. You might want to contact him or try changing it and see what the response is if people are having problems.

de_deej

picture quality seems to have improved for me from1.7 uk 02,colours are more vivid.
(using a toshiba 36" pure flat)

Oh i forgot to add, i also tried the Sportster_1.76.3_2xI image too & had the same problems.

I think the picture is pretty good.problems I have found are:1, did not scan very well,only picked up 190 channels,no front row plus a few others.Swapped saved bouquet and service file ,now got 250 channels including 50 front row all working fine.
:2,I have saved all the adult channels to 1 bouquet,have parental lock set to enter pin for locked bouquet,but can't see option to lock bouquet.
Otherwise very pleased,good work again Gav

well i cant see any difference with files and drivers at all

so its upto what image you want

when sportster comes up with a new one then ill do that one again but untill then

am i bothered though am a bothered

lol

cheers

but to me the other image is slightly clearer as i have just reflashed with the other and i cant believe its better

i dont know what to say people

Gav,

did you read what I said about the sectionsd above ??

de_deej

ok people just done a check and i find that this one has a better picture quality

much sharper its my last updated one but its had a little more updated stuff and tweaked and it brings out a much better picture than that of the 2005

check it out yourselfe and leave feedback for this one

lets see if you can see what i mean

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=13N5NMYFHRFBP2ZE1P8KU1D706

cheers all its 2x

so many images so many different problems, what in the image is causing some people to experience freezes every ten minutes, Alienshead, your problems are IDENTICAL to mine, i have also tried the other image you mentioned and suffered the same exact problems as you, do you have you box through a router ? there must be something we are doing to have the same effects with the images we try.

Back