updated_07_11_05_2x feedback

this last update is brilliant it is the only image
that has worked on my brovs BUDGIE 2x2 amd sagem not one
lockup for 36hrs

he said thank you GAV12345.:Cheers:

picture great,and very stable so far.
thanks for the 1x image,could not covert 2x with either image cloner or image works!
with regard to the neutrino config file,I have only ever used gavs recent images so do not have an older file to save.Would it be possible for this file to be uploaded?
Thanks again for all your hard work.

if your happy with it the way it is then yes m8 no problems but that is the one that will be on all my images m8 maybe slightly different though so its up to you m8

cheers

Here's a noob's experience:-

Flashed a x1I (Imageworks - conversion no probs) version to a Sagem. Initially, there were glitches every few minutes. Picture would disappear on FR but still had sound accompanied by a weird kind of twittering/chirping noise. FTA channels were all still OK without twittering/chirping but no FR or Sky movies etc - had to reboot to see these. After a lot of rebooting, fiddling with settings and letting it sit on FTA for an hour or two it seemed to stabilise and then ran almost glitch-free all night. I find it's more stable with the Avia 500 driver but will check out 600 again onight, maybe.

Scanned using 'update' but lost all Front Row completely. Got PPV instead but nothing there. Scanned again using original xml files using 'leave' and got FR back with about 1/4 of FR channels EPG. From time to time this info vanishes but then comes back later. Any ideas why it's inconsistent and what I can do to get full complement of EPG for FR.

Set up recording direct to file via Windows Gbit LAN and everything worked absolutely fine. Only problem is the box won't retain all settings for remote recording directory and tries to mount wrong one (the one I first set and then changed) on boot. Directory has to be set manually each time. Maybe I can edit the config file to sort it out. Also I can't delete the first 'test' recordings I made, either via ftp or directly. This may be my fault for trying to delete 'test' recordings from PC via Windows Explorer.

All in all it's pretty impressive m8, so if there's an even better one in the pipeline, ypou're gonna be a star in my book!

Like to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH to you Gav and also to Liam for his indispensible 'Revised tutorial' and to chi for 'Recording From DBox To PC & To DVD'.

PS Just booted box and five minutes in it's twittering/chirping and needing reboots! Maybe my Sagem needs to warm up like B & W TV used to.............

Gav,

I was just wondering if you or anyone else has got epg for itv4 ?? I've just flashed the image and I will report back tonight with feedback ?

Thanks mate,

de_deej

anto said:
Here's a noob's experience:-
Flashed a x1I (Imageworks - conversion no probs) version to a Sagem. Initially, there were glitches every few minutes. Picture would disappear on FR but still had sound accompanied by a weird kind of twittering/chirping noise. FTA channels were all still OK without twittering/chirping but no FR or Sky movies etc - had to reboot to see these. After a lot of rebooting, fiddling with settings and letting it sit on FTA for an hour or two it seemed to stabilise and then ran almost glitch-free all night. I find it's more stable with the Avia 500 driver but will check out 600 again onight, maybe.
Scanned using 'update' but lost all Front Row completely. Got PPV instead but nothing there. Scanned again using original xml files using 'leave' and got FR back with about 1/4 of FR channels EPG. From time to time this info vanishes but then comes back later. Any ideas why it's inconsistent and what I can do to get full complement of EPG for FR.
Set up recording direct to file via Windows Gbit LAN and everything worked absolutely fine. Only problem is the box won't retain all settings for remote recording directory and tries to mount wrong one (the one I first set and then changed) on boot. Directory has to be set manually each time. Maybe I can edit the config file to sort it out. Also I can't delete the first 'test' recordings I made, either via ftp or directly. This may be my fault for trying to delete 'test' recordings from PC via Windows Explorer.
All in all it's pretty impressive m8, so if there's an even better one in the pipeline, ypou're gonna be a star in my book!
Like to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH to you Gav and also to Liam for his indispensible 'Revised tutorial' and to chi for 'Recording From DBox To PC & To DVD'.
PS Just booted box and five minutes in it's twittering/chirping and needing reboots! Maybe my Sagem needs to warm up like B & W TV used to.............

Mate my sagem appears to work straight away, change the settings discribed by Gav for the sagem. Also go to the settings menu, press yellow and turn the enx watchdog on.

Hope this helps,

de_deej

i have epg on all channels

but can't test as im working on another image that so far is rocking and has epg for frontrow for you lucky gits lol

i am leaving it running and tested the au and perfect and so far no glitches
whats so ever and it is super clear and for a few days i have kept it on just perfect

good news all round i think

i will even do a 1x image version as well and put that in the downloads as well

cheers all

Cheers mate, when do you think you will upload it as I may aswell stop mucking around with this one lol.

de_deej

de_deej said:
Cheers mate, when do you think you will upload it as I may aswell stop mucking around with this one lol.
de_deej

hi

just a little longer trying to finsh the little bits and pieces maybe in a few days time

cheers

Very good Gav, ill wait for the next one i think, the current latest is getting channell not available a few times so i am back to the one prior to that.

Well my case of the 'channel not available' may well have been a sign of my dbox dying a death.

I falshed back to the image that worked for me, it worked as normal for the night howeer when I got up this morning the clock was frozen on 07:32 and it no longer worked.

Power cycle and it wont boot, connect null modem and when it fail there was either 'segmentation error' or a memory response fail so my guess is something major is dead witht he memory controller due to the fact it doesn't even get to the dmon screen over 95% of the time and sits on the inital poer up of 'beta digial research' (or whatever the exact wording is) with a single black square.

If anyone has seen this error before and knows how to fix it please let me know.

sorry cdh555 i cant help you on this one m8

but i think thats where you maybe start your own thread m8

you maybe get some help there m8

cheers

the latest i have managed to get the yweb translated into english well 97% anyway and looks much better now on my new image

just keeping you posted lads

cheers

:Cheers:
Great job with these images Gav.
My feedback for this latest image is that the menus appear faster and freezing has not been an issue on Nokia 2x
I have had problems getting FRow channels with this image, which were abundant with the 30.10.05 image (don't know why that should be!).
Lookin forward to the next one m8

@ de_deej

Thanks m8. Did that (changed settings as per gav's post) and have enx watchdog 'on'. Still have same issues, tho'. I've asked gav to post the actual settings rather than the button sequence post 1st reboot, since we noobs (this one anyway!) easily get confused and can't check if we got them right once they've been set.

I tried to edit the neutrino.conf file but it didn't work. Settings stayed the same even though it seemed to save the edited version. I also found I couldn't overwrite the original with a new one. Maybe I just screwed it all up somewhere when I tried to delete the 'test' recordings from PC. I'll try re-flashing the image to see if it helps.

I now seem to have about 50% of the FR epg, but only after a FR channel is selected. Before that, the epg listing for FR is just blank.

channels

this is the only image that I have been able to get any of the discovery channels in my own place.... all the other boxes that i've installed in family and friends they have been able to view them with the sportster 1.6 upwards but me had the dreaded black screen channel not avalible just a bummer that telepest edinburgh went vod this week fed up watching the magic roundabout:lsabre:

news update just came out today Evocamd-Next Level version 1.03 and its on the new image today with the updated libs as well running smooth

i think im around 80 percent completing the image now

cheers

Good work Gav, if I'm honest my sagem didn't like the last one for some reason it would get stuck on a channel. The box would appear to be turning over but the lcd would freeze on the previous channel and the only way to recity it was to pull the power. The picture quality looked great though.

de_deej

cheers all

news update

everything on the new image is running fine but have come across a little bit of a pain and i dont know if i could fix it but any suggestions on this would be great

ok i scan for channels and fast scan off and leave current boquet and fines everything apart from one transponder and all the channels on it so i do the scan again with the same settings and low and behold its found all of them including the missing transponder

so i just dont understand this yet

can anyone one shed any light on this at all

cheers

Back