mods who delete threads for absolutely no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
me also tried to make a mend and say that we should love all and get on, i was getting hurt, cause there were people i liked then got to here there views which made me think, i kept away , and now its good to be back,

yes u did foxy try to make amends but not only u were getting hurt by comments and why keep away and why wait to come back till the thread was deleted ?

no way

i would like to say that deleting full threads is completley unnessasery. shame on you for doing that. as someone said to delete a offencive post is one thing but to delete a whole thread is maddness!!!!!!!!! so what if it was a touchy subject if it stays in the boundries of the rules it should be allowed. obviously it was a subject close to the heart of many people who frequent this forum hence the large post count..........

i would like to ask the mods to bring it back only if for information purposes. close it delete some offencive post but bring it back!!!!!!!!

also if it just so easy for a thread to be deleted then i would have to think twice about particapating in other threads due to that fact. to think that all i had said and others could be took away so easily makes me shiver......

it has come to something when we cant even have a rant on the internet never mind in public....

Hi Bud

The problem is international laws on defamation have now changed you are now directly responsible for any defamation of a individual or group with what you post in a blog or on bullietin board ....recent cases have seen figures of 25000 quid being awarded againdst individuals....you have no protection it is
exactly as if you had published in a newspaper

the same applies to commenting on ongoing court cases it is contempt of court as it is classed as being published in the public domain .........the law on what you can or can not say or report are very complex ...its why journalists do 3 year courses !!

so watch your step peeps or you may face a spell in the slammer and a reduced bank balance

just friendly advice

ssilvo

v13 has got an opinion like everyone else and i dint feel he flamed anyone in those posts infact he put alot of usefull info forward.... yeah the thread maybe should have been closed or maybe tidied up but NOT deleted...

im sorry but the admin arnt doing there job obviously.. doing there job would have been to moderate the thread not just delete it.
i was not talking about his posts on the jack straw thread mate i was talking about his posts in this one you try going onto one of the other sites like this and criticising the admin or mods and see what happens

yes u did foxy try to make amends but not only u were getting hurt by comments and why keep away and why wait to come back till the thread was deleted ?

i was there just reading ,as much as i wanted to reply back, it would have not been nice, so best thing was to zip it and keep my calm, i didnt want a ban.

I like to read a good debate, there were some good points in the thread, but also you get the odd person who cant take it as what it is a debate and tend to get personal.

everyone is entitled to their opinion, we as mods and admin usually allow plenty of freedom, but when things become personal or abusive then we have to step in.

I'm surprised the deleted threads lasted as long as they did. My impression was that the mods - in spite of past experience with such threads - were really trying to give it a go and not be censorious.

I for one am glad the threads are gone. I like a good debate and the sharing of opinions and ideas but there was a heck of a lot of stuff that was just unpleasant.

To be honest it was beginning to sour my feelings towards the site.

I'm surprised the deleted threads lasted as long as they did. My impression was that the mods - in spite of past experience with such threads - were really trying to give it a go and not be censorious.

I for one am glad the threads are gone. I like a good debate and the sharing of opinions and ideas but there was a heck of a lot of stuff that was just unpleasant.

To be honest it was beginning to sour my feelings towards the site.

you didnt have to read the thread then u wouldnt have been soured against the site the rant room is just one part of it . it like watching tv if u dont like a channel u turn over noone makes u watch

I like to read a good debate, there were some good points in the thread, but also you get the odd person who cant take it as what it is a debate and tend to get personal.

everyone is entitled to their opinion, we as mods and admin usually allow plenty of freedom, but when things become personal or abusive then we have to step in.

im giving up on this cause i can see myself getting banned (maybe not a bad thing due to fear of postingsomething that could just be deleted at any time without notice). other forums just close threads or delete the bad posts. but all your excuses about deleting the thread are completly unfounded. as has been stated the bad and deflamterie post should have been delted on a daily basis!!!! but to let the thread continue and then delete the whole thing is completly outragous.. i would love to answer to vixens new post that is along the same lines as v13s post but whos to say in 2 days time it wont get deleted??? i have lost all faith in the DW team to be honest if a subject that is not that bad can be deleted with no apperent reason (or lack of moderating but the moderators)

once again SHAME ON YOU.....

Last edited:
you didnt have to read the thread then u wouldnt have been soured against the site the rant room is just one part of it . it like watching tv if u dont like a channel u turn over noone makes u watch

very true, but like most things people have to look, in case they miss something.
then one thing leads to another.

I'm interested in this site and everything that happens on it.

I'm also interested in what people think but some of what I was seeing in those threads was making me wonder why I was here.

The reason I've stayed involved here has been my liking and respect for the members: some of that was being undermined by some peoples blatantly racist and abusive posts.

im giving up on this cause i can see myself getting banned (maybe not a bad thing due to fear of postingsomething that could just be deleted at any time without notice). other forums just close threads or delete the bad posts. but all your excuses about deleting the thread are completly unfounded. as has been stated the bad and deflamterie post should have been delted on a daily basis!!!! but to let the thread continue and then delete the whole thing is completly outragous.. i would love to answer to vixens new post that is along the same lines as v13s post but whos to say in 2 days time it wont get deleted??? i have lost all faith in the DW team to be honest if a subject that is not that bad can be deleted with no apperent reason (or lack of moderating but the moderators)

I want you to answer my posts why would u be banned and if this thread is deleted then I too will not be happy as its in all the papers and I just wanted to know what people think about it. I must admit i did ask before I posted if it was ok becoz i too thought if i just posted this rant i would be banned so in some ways i agree with you.

i have lost all faith in the DW team to be honest if a subject that is not that bad can be deleted with no apperent reason (or lack of moderating but the moderators)

we don't just ban members for the sake of it, we have reasons when we do ban someone.

bans are a joint decision, not individual.

we don't like banning members, and only use a ban as a last resort.

right im going to rant, i was going to make a new thread but wont, my beef is this thread took me ages to read, in future can we keep rants to 2 maybe 3 pages maxium,unless of course im involved in which case let it run as i always seem to have fun with other members in here, i think the word im looking for is BAITER. lol.

RANT OVER,

YOURS A VERY UNHAPPY AND DISGRUNTLED DW MEMBER. lol: shocked2

Well done maryhinge, for deleting that thread:Clap: the thread was good at the start then just went totally out of control, it was also getting boring aswell. if that thread carried on, there would be no end solution to it, people will be talking about the same thing over and over again.

http://www.saunalahti.fi/~kumii/batman.swf

Last edited:
I want you to answer my posts why would u be banned and if this thread is deleted then I too will not be happy as its in all the papers and I just wanted to know what people think about it. I must admit i did ask before I posted if it was ok becoz i too thought if i just posted this rant i would be banned so in some ways i agree with you.

your post is on exactly the same lines as v13s post so i cannot see any reason why it should be treated any differently. deleted in a couple of days so i would rather not waste my time replying, no offence to you vixen..

There is nothing in this topic that you should be banned for, we dont ban people for no reason usually have a good one.

. i would love to answer to vixens new post that is along the same lines as v13s post but whos to say in 2 days time it wont get deleted??? i have lost all faith in the DW team to be honest if a subject that is not that bad can be deleted with no apperent reason (or lack of moderating but the moderators)

las i said earlier if the thread was happening whilst the case was on it was sub judicae and technically contempt....the days are gone where you can say what you like on ANY board ...........what you write is published and therefore
subject to defamation and contempt laws ..........

shame i know but everyone is sueing everyone else now .......and defamation on the web is soooooooo expensive to defend and the penalties run into thousands m8

so if i screw up and breach the act delete me pleeeeeeease its cheeper

your post is on exactly the same lines as v13s post so i cannot see any reason why it should be treated any differently. deleted in a couple of days so i would rather not waste my time replying, no offence to you vixen..

no offence taken i understand where ur coming from thanks for your honesty

the debate was good but when people started to direct comments at members and become abusive , offencive or sometimes racist then it spoils it for the whole forum

i love dw its the best forum ive ever been on plus the members here are wicked

if they not online here u can most likley catch them on msn were they help u out or just have a chat

i would hate my self if i ever got banned from such an awsome forum like this

dw rocks

and im sorry for any offence or some of the things i brought up offended anyone

i know for the mods it must have been a very dificult decision

normally u neva see a thread get locked neva mind deleted

but if the mods think it was best to delete then so be it

thats how i feel

cheers

Well done maryhinge, for deleting that thread:Clap: the thread was good at the start then just went totally out of control, it was also getting boring aswell. if that thread carried on, there would be no end solution to it, people will be talking about the same thing over and over again.

http://www.saunalahti.fi/~kumii/batman.swf

if it was getting boring how come so many people still read it and then replied to it? cant have been that boring really and maybe people were saying the same thing to try and get their point of view across.Boring to one person is interesting to others .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back