mods who delete threads for absolutely no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
i back the mods on this one....some comments on the thread in question were damn right disgusting.
mods decision is final...they know best 4 the forum....:Clap:

i back the mods on this one....some comments on the thread in question were damn right disgusting.
mods decision is final...they know best 4 the forum....:Clap:

which comments are we talking about here ? I cant remember any being disgusting

lol...of course u wont remember as the thread went over 50 pages long. believe me m8 on this, there were some very offensive posts...otherwise the mods wouldnt of closed the thread.

lol...of course u wont remember as the thread went over 50 pages long. believe me m8 on this, there were some very offensive posts...otherwise the mods wouldnt of closed the thread.

no i cant remember but obiously u can so if u want to private message me with one id be grateful thank u

there were many offensive posts in one thread. The fact that all religious posts were removed was to inforce the rules. We try to be fair here but a minority spoil it for the masses and too many members were complaining to us.
You can think what you like but there is no way ANY mods delete threads without reason. If we had closed the thread then it would still leave comments that people would want to reply to. If we deleted certain posts it would seem we supported one side of a view only, ie that we wanted to convert everyones belief's.
At the time we deleted the posts there were a gang of members gathering in this room and posts were being made within short succession which were getting more and more offensive. The original poster of this thread "registration" obviously has no idea what was going on and therefore mods get accused of mishandling. But it was myself and Mairyhinge that made the decision to inforce the rules and we stick by that decision, we want open discussion but cetain subject will only ever end up offensive. :(

I will personally answer the OP's questions as I was directly involved in the decision too Mairyhinge.
Why create a rant room for people to come in and vent, then delete all of the threads, none of which contravene any of your rules?
-The rules were broken within these threads.

In the grander scheme of things, this is a public forum, where people come to communicate and debate. Amongst other things. Again, why delete any of these threads?
-If comments are offensive then they have no place in this forum. We try to let threads run their course and try to be fair in the hope that members find sensible solution. If complaints arise and requests are made to delete or close posts then we will look closely at the solution. When it reaches this point then there will always be 2 arguements / 2 sides and therefore always be someone who will not agree with mods decisions.

If anyone is so petty and close minded enough to find them offensive, then like anything else in this world they don't need to read the thread.
-The minority may spoil but bottom line is that this place is not here to personally attack ANY group or person. So yes it would be best if members didnt read or comment on a subject they get angry about, but equally it would be best if members use another forum to (in this instance) enforce religious belief's. This is not the place for such fragile subjects to be discussed and therefore rules have to exist.

Third and final question. If i started a thread protesting my right to wear a veil, would you delete that thread?
-As explained, sensetive subjects are not welcome here in the first place. We try to be fair and let threads run if we can, but in the current atmosphere your post would 100% be removed. We dont take sides, we protect our small community here, as a whole.

Best intentions.

Last edited:
I will personally answer the OP's questions as I was directly involved in the decision too Mairyhinge.
-The rules were broken within these threads.

-If comments are offensive then they have no place in this forum. We try to let threads run their course and try to be fair in the hope that members find sensible solution. If complaints arise and requests are made to delete or close posts then we will look closely at the solution. When it reaches this point then there will always be 2 arguements / 2 sides and therefore always be someone who will not agree with mods decisions.

-The minority may spoil but bottom line is that this place is not here to personally attack ANY group or person. So yes it would be best if members didnt read or comment on a subject they get angry about, but equally it would be best if members use another forum to (in this instance) enforce religious belief's. This is not the place for such fragile subjects to be discussed and therefore rules have to exist.

-As explained, sensetive subjects are not welcome here in the first place. We try to be fair and let threads run if we can, but in the current atmosphere your post would 100% be removed. We dont take sides, we protect our small community here, as a whole.

Best intentions.

I appreciate your time in answering those questions and I have still to see any of these offensive posts, which I suppose i never will. What is bothering me is the threads were not about anyone here enforcing their religious beliefs, they were people venting their frustration about favouritism for minority groups being shown by the government, only to be backed up by the mods in here. As you said yourself, you are here to look out for the minorities, while in the same vain saying that the minorities spoil it for everyone else.

I'm not so good with maths, but doesn't that mean you are favouring the troublemakers?

there were many offensive posts in one thread. The fact that all religious posts were removed was to inforce the rules. We try to be fair here but a minority spoil it for the masses and too many members were complaining to us.
You can think what you like but there is no way ANY mods delete threads without reason. If we had closed the thread then it would still leave comments that people would want to reply to. If we deleted certain posts it would seem we supported one side of a view only, ie that we wanted to convert everyones belief's.
At the time we deleted the posts there were a gang of members gathering in this room and posts were being made within short succession which were getting more and more offensive. The original poster of this thread "registration" obviously has no idea what was going on and therefore mods get accused of mishandling. But it was myself and Mairyhinge that made the decision to inforce the rules and we stick by that decision, we want open discussion but cetain subject will only ever end up offensive. :(

and what a good decision it was aswell, well done!

that's a bit harsh, i'm only trying to apply a little common sense to the situation and seek equality.

Besides, isn't your post a personal attack?

LOL if you like mate it was my opinion or do you not like it (my opinion) ?

LOL if you like mate it was my opinion or do you not like it (my opinion) ?

I don't care either way to be honest, but peronsal attacks is one of the excuses listed here for deleting the other threads.

What is bothering me is the threads were not about anyone here enforcing their religious beliefs, they were people venting their frustration about favouritism for minority groups being shown by the government, only to be backed up by the mods in here. As you said yourself, you are here to look out for the minorities, while in the same vain saying that the minorities spoil it for everyone else.

I'm not so good with maths, but doesn't that mean you are favouring the troublemakers?
The posts concerned were certainly aggressively enforcing their particular view on religion(or lack of), and attacking those who choose to think differently. Mods are not backing up government views and are not supporting 'minorities', although we still have our own personal views on subjects. You are being very petty in trying to twist words to create an offensive against mods, this is not about maths. Its simple, we dont favour any group we act to the best of our ability to create a stable atmoshere HERE.

@Registration please understand- Politics and religion are not suitable subjects to discuss here, so if thats what you seek then you should join an alternative forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back