Is a motorised dish worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem to be misleading people here on what a true enthusiast/Hobbyist is in this game as of the last few years a lot of the plug and play brigade have jumped from cable over to sat for the next big thing, And that is what most people seem to be doing either a Fixed dish on 28.2 east or a Motorised for the Footy.

If these people actually enjoyed this hobby then they would realise that there are literally 100's of FTA Gems showing sport , Movies & General entertainment but that is just the tip of the iceberg as people have mentioned scanning the skies for new channels or even feeds for a Game or some other event your looking for even just the buzz from actually picking up a TP form a bird that is supposedly impossible for your setup and even location should bring a smile to your face thats what the thrill of the chase is in the Sat Hobby.

If your thinking about getting into it just purely to pick up that one 3pm game and then never use it again for the rest of the week then your wasting your money and would be better spending £2-300 on an iptv receiver which will more than likely fulfil your requirements and keep the other half happy at the same time.

Regards

I agree digi the only thing I will add is that the motivation for becoming absorbed in the hobby often comes from the search for the 3pm. Certainly the case for me.
Once your up and running and see how much more you can do and get hooked on fixing little snags and chasing the next set of keys do you realise just how enjoyable a hobby satellite is.
Just setting my dish up had me hooked instantly, I had so much trouble and overcame each problem that by the end of it all I was totally dedicated to having everything running perfectly and without the hunt for the 3pm I fear I may not have become involved at all.
Regards

We seem to be misleading people here on what a true enthusiast/Hobbyist is in this game as of the last few years a lot of the plug and play brigade have jumped from cable over to sat for the next big thing, And that is what most people seem to be doing either a Fixed dish on 28.2 east or a Motorised for the Footy.

If these people actually enjoyed this hobby then they would realise that there are literally 100's of FTA Gems showing sport , Movies & General entertainment but that is just the tip of the iceberg as people have mentioned scanning the skies for new channels or even feeds for a Game or some other event your looking for even just the buzz from actually picking up a TP form a bird that is supposedly impossible for your setup and even location should bring a smile to your face thats what the thrill of the chase is in the Sat Hobby.

If your thinking about getting into it just purely to pick up that one 3pm game and then never use it again for the rest of the week then your wasting your money and would be better spending £2-300 on an iptv receiver which will more than likely fulfil your requirements and keep the other half happy at the same time.

Regards

If I can find enough FTA to cover what I lose from sly, then that will do me fine, the 3pms will be the bonus :)

if you are prepared to put the work in and do plenty of reading you wont be disappointed m8 my advise is get quality parts to start with and if feasable fit the kit yourself and before you know it you will be helping others and fitting systems for your friends and family. a case for fta feeds wwe wrestling monday night raw live on 7east in hd at 1am gmt usually every monday night, thanks to @barney for the info, regards mdt

Attachments

• vlcsnap2013041600h43m41.png
    vlcsnap2013041600h43m41.png
    238 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
if you are prepared to put the work in and do plenty of reading you wont be disappointed m8 my advise is get quality parts to start with and if feasable fit the kit yourself and before you know it you will be helping others and fitting systems for your friends and family. a case for fta feeds wwe wrestling monday night raw live on 7east in hd at 1am gmt usually every monday night, thanks to @barney for the info, regards mdt

I would love to install everything myself mdt, but the dish install I dont think I can do with one hand lol, everything else I think I can manage.

I would love to install everything myself mdt, but the dish install I dont think I can do with one hand lol, everything else I think I can manage.

I was a jumper from cable last year. I used to do satellite in the old days like some of the guys have said but its all changed from them times.

I had a VERY limited budget.
Eventually got a dish and motor off a well known Internet auction site for twenty quid. Got a cheap HD receiver for 45 quid. Up and running.
Told missus she had to put up with it...it got dicey for a while but she warmed to it. :-$

Chased 3pms this season and loved it. Some weekends its not been perfect but thinking about my eyesight peering at a computer screen for streamed games makes me twitch now.

Just got a Vu Solo2 and the little box has gone upstairs. Wife is now very happy.

I say do it. You won't regret it... :beer:

If I can find enough FTA to cover what I lose from sly, then that will do me fine, the 3pms will be the bonus :)

you can beat sky in certain areas with a lot of FTA you can get, new films before sky or that you have to pay 'again' on sky after paying them £90 or whatever a month already and then it's really restricted how you watch it and how restricted the recording is. You just press record on FTA. PPV boxing and often at much better quality, Formula One same thing and you do get some fantastic football FTA.

Just make sure you end up with a good setup, it's not the same if you go cheap on just any bit.

Well, the wife says as long as she gets slysports she dont care about the other sly channels lol, so it looks like I am in business :D

ok, another Q.

VU+ solo, would you get the twin tuner and why ? £130 dearer than the single tuner, is it worth it ?

I know you can then record one channel and watch another, but only if its on the same sat, or you could feed the second dish into it, but I could use the sly box for that, but is there any other reason ?

Well, the wife says as long as she gets slysports she dont care about the other sly channels lol, so it looks like I am in business :D

But there is a very good chance she wont be able to get slysports unless you have a legit sub and are using an original box ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back